MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - what are you thoughts on DUBstep with deathmetal r
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what are you thoughts on DUBstep with deathmetal r

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what are you thoughts on DUBstep with deathmetal r
    Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 2:05pm
i'd persolally rather listen to my least favorite band born of osiris than DUBstep but there are certain songs that i kind of like Dont hate me for saying that my fellow metal heads\_/ rock on
jackass9 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 2:06pm
there are only three DUB groups that i like excision, downlink, and datsik
Eria Tarka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 8:29pm
I don't care for dubstep at all, and hearing it in Metal is just... meh.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 9:45am
dubstep would just ruin metal not to mention dubstep is just electronic sounds. and metal is actually good musicianship. so take dupstep and throw it into metal and that ruins the good musicianship.   
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 2:09pm
I don't mind. If its good its good, if its bad its bad.

Anything can mix with anything in my book, as long as its still a cool song.

The dubstep bit on NIN's Great Destroyer is amazing.

I wouldn't care if Zyklon cracked in some dubstep if a song was as cool as 'Disintigrate.'

I just don't like it when bands like Aborym mix stuff just to mix it and don't do it all that well.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 6:09am
Originally posted by Kingcrimsonprog Kingcrimsonprog wrote:

I don't mind. If its good its good, if its bad its bad.

Anything can mix with anything in my book, as long as its still a cool song.

The dubstep bit on NIN's Great Destroyer is amazing.

I wouldn't care if Zyklon cracked in some dubstep if a song was as cool as 'Disintigrate.'

I just don't like it when bands like Aborym mix stuff just to mix it and don't do it all that well.

Yes, I agree. Need to check these songs, by the way.
Eria Tarka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

dubstep would just ruin metal not to mention dubstep is just electronic sounds. and metal is actually good musicianship. so take dupstep and throw it into metal and that ruins the good musicianship.   

There are certain electronic music artists that could be miles ahead of certain Metal artists in terms of musicianship. I don't really get this argument.

Edited by bytor2112 - 09 Mar 2013 at 3:26am
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 6:53am
To be honest i've never heard Dubstep O.o just people imitating it, 
 but i'm guessing it wouldn't really blend well together
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by bytor2112 bytor2112 wrote:

Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

dubstep would just ruin metal not to mention dubstep is just electronic sounds. and metal is actually good musicianship. so take dupstep and throw it into metal and that ruins the good musicianship.� �

There are certain electronic music artists that could be miles ahead of certain Metal artists in terms of musicianship. I don't really get this argument.

i wasnt saying it like dubstep is every electronic artist dude. Its just tuat dubstep is the scremo of elecronic music
LightKnight View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 4:00pm
I won't listen to songs with dubstep in it. Electronic sounds is alright but having dubstep with drops and this will just ruin everything. Metal bands will have a band member which will come to a show with a MacBook and headphones?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic