MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most Awesomest Thing Ever in MMA's opinion

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: What is the most awesomest thing EVER ????
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [46.67%]
8 [53.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Awesomest Thing Ever in MMA's opinion
    Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 5:23pm
The poll choices consist of two top all time most awesomest things according to that site http://mostawesomestthingever.com/. I'm a bit drunk and therefore I'm deeply sorry for this most stupidest poll ever. Choose wisely.
dtguitarfan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 6:22pm
Hiro Nakamura can teleport AND time travel...so he's beyond a shadow of a doubt the most awesomest thing ever.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 10:03pm
I voted for teleportation.  Time travel can get so hairy with messing up your own future and crap like that, and I'd rather be able to do stuff like steal Twinkies from my local gas station or play elaborate pranks on my friends that involve me warping from place to place.  It would also be a lot more convenient than time travel in a pinch, like if you're stuck in traffic for instance.  
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Diogenes Diogenes wrote:

I voted for teleportation.  Time travel can get so hairy with messing up your own future and crap like that, and I'd rather be able to do stuff like steal Twinkies from my local gas station or play elaborate pranks on my friends that involve me warping from place to place.  It would also be a lot more convenient than time travel in a pinch, like if you're stuck in traffic for instance.  

Messy ?? Man, time travel is better by faaaar ! You want to go somewhere? No problem, you go there by plain and then go back in time so it's like you're there instantly. You can see the future !! The only thing that really makes me sad about dying is that I won't see what humanity'll be like in 500, 1000 years, what are we going to discover, how our ethics and society evolve etc. All that would be possible with time travel. Time travel is awesome, even more, it's the most awesomest thing ever !!! 
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 12:05pm
In the (awesome) film Primer, ther's no Paradox in time travel.

But I voted for Teleportation. More likely to happen someday.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 5:23pm
baconportation
dtguitarfan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtguitarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

baconportation

Dude, that sounds AWESOME!
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 10:44pm
teleportation...Smile

Edited by musiclover60sn70s - 29 Jan 2013 at 10:45pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 11:11pm
Time travels are too complex. The whole "what if I meet myself" and other crazy aspects of time travels make me insane to think about. Teleportation on the other hand...now that�s something that would really come in handy. Think about eliminating cars, plains and ships. The polution situation would really change.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 4:27am
I agree that the real world consequences of teleportation would probably be much better, but, as plot device in a fictive narrative, I must say that I prefer time travel, simply because I love stories of temporal paradoxes and all that business.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Time travels are too complex. The whole "what if I meet myself" and other crazy aspects of time travels make me insane to think about. Teleportation on the other hand...now that�s something that would really come in handy. Think about eliminating cars, plains and ships. The polution situation would really change.

No argument is more convincing than a green argument. I agree dude. Although, we could predict any kind of natural and industrial disasters with time travel and prevent them. Not to mention wars and all kinds of other sad things, you know... like in "Minority report".
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 11:32pm
Teleportation because time travel has the potential to destroy the world.
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 9:58am
Time travel would be the ultimate super power, as long as you don't mind living in a different universe after accidentally destroying this one (probably)
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

In the (awesome) film Primer, ther's no Paradox in time travel.

But I voted for Teleportation. More likely to happen someday.

That movie is both excellent and impossible to understand
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 1:55am
The chicks Cool
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 1:59am
Yep, while me post above indicates a responsible human being thinking about he environment, girls was the first Thing that came to my mind too LOL
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 2:33am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yep, while me post above indicates a responsible human being thinking about he environment, girls was the first Thing that came to my mind too LOL

Oh yeah! Cool
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic