MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Technical Metal Labratory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Technical Metal Labratory
    Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 3:33am
Well,

This is a long time coming . . .

I have been a Metal and Proghead for quite sometime and as I got older and Metal and Prog has progressed
and merged, it has gone into some interesting territory for those willing to search for it.

But a fave genre has been the Technical side of Metal, the stuff that pisses off the mundane and those who
wish to put Metal in a BOX.  Just look at most "Technical" Metal/Prog Vidz on YOUtube, and there is always
some clown who thinks they know all about music, will take their time to tell "us" that we must be stupid to
listen to this garbage, that it has "No Soul" and its just a blur of musical notes randomly put together. Confused

Well, it just proves some of us dont have tin ears and that we understand the beauty of complexity, well
composed music and that some may actually be playing on a higher level that we might not be able to
comprehend . . . but we LOVE IT anyway.

So originally I was to make a "TREE" of different Technical Metal Musics and feature them in various
Categories . . .
This would only take me a couple of decades to do Tongue, so instead  I created a "Playlist" of my fave musics
in:
Tech - Death Metal
Progressive Death Metal
Tech - Thrash
Tech-Prog Metal
Math Metal/Fusion Metal/Djent

For each song I added what type of:
Vocals
Genre/Sound
and random comments on Each Song/Band.

I have also included an "Intro" of sorts, of Progressive/Fusion Bands that are the Fore-Fathers of complex
Music as they are for sure the influences of many bands.

PLEASE add your own bands, songs and whatever else and hopefully we can all keep up on all thats
complex and aggressive!

PLAYLIST LINK :

Your Math Lesson starts here . . .
"The Origins of MATH - Equation I"
(I'll do my best to keep on top of those vids that get deleted)

. . . Still working on "Equation II".

EnjOy!  :guitarbang2:    :drums: :bass: :keybang: :headbang2::guitarbang2:

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 03 Aug 2012 at 12:21am
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 6:08am
I just listened to Master Project Genesis by Target yesterday, and it struck me as being considerably technical for an 1988 thrash/speed metal release. It's kind of like Watchtower meets Anthrax meets No Exit-era Fates Warning.

Invocator is also worth mentioning - especially Weave the Apocalypse and Dying to Live, which feature a lot of technical and progressive elements combined with the groove of 90s thrash metal. This is one of my favorite bands of all time.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 9:51am
Coroner?

Lynx33 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 1:51pm

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 2:52pm
Nice additions all Big smile!

Gonna take some listens later! Awesome!

Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Invocator is also worth mentioning - especially Weave the Apocalypse and Dying to Live, which feature a lot of technical and progressive elements combined with the groove of 90s thrash metal. This is one of my favorite bands of all time.

On the Playlist is Invocator - "Land of Misery" off of Weave the Apocalypse Big smile Add more
Vids if you like Time-Sig Clap.

Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

Coroner?

LOL See what comes after Invocator on my Playlist link Tupan Wink.

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 19 Jul 2012 at 3:06pm
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 3:12pm
^Hey man, check this brazilian band:
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 5:09pm
Whoa!

Just came across these guys! I'm sure many know about them as their album covers
are familiar . . .

Sounds like if Voivod had a child with more aggressive tendancies!

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 2:22am
Just wanted to point out this release in 2012 . . .

Will definitely be on the year end Best:

S E C T U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 4:00am
I like these guys:

Edited by UMUR - 28 Aug 2012 at 4:04am
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:36am
People have said newer Cattle Decap have had a technical tinge to their sound.  Listening to their latest, I'd say it's probably most apparent on this song:

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 6:17pm
Check this out folks,

From the Maker of "Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage", "A Headbangers Journey" and "Global Metal" . . .

http://www.indiegogo.com/extrememetal/

Please share with friends, Bands and Metal Sites/Groups who may be interested.

Also check out this Interview with Director Sam Dunn at Noisecreep:
http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/09/26/metal-evolution-extreme-metal/

Be great to get MMA and its Members on this Big smile.

MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 6:22pm
A Preview of NEW "TesseracT" Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image