Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [58.33%]
5 [41.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Dying Bride vs Paradise Lost
    Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 1:24pm
Two UK doom metal veterans who include topics of darkness, faithlessness, lost love.  One switched over to a more gothic rock styled playing while the other has remained more consistent over all the years.

Who's better?
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 1:31pm
Paradise Lost
easy choice for me
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 3:13pm
Even though Paradise Lost used to be my favorite act back around the time when "Gothic" was their latest album, they�ve released too many mediocre albums throughout the years (you can almost pick any album from "One Second" and onwards. Most are good albums but very few reach excellence and if they do it�s only occasionally). My Dying Bride have almost consistently delivered great albums, so my vote goes to them.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 12:09am
I've listened only to Paradise Lost's recently released free compilation since it spans their entire discography, but as it went on I went from "meh" to "gross!" in the more recent albums.  I doubt they have the ability to out do My Dying Bride in my ears.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 2:20am
I think you should take a listen to "Lost Paradise" and "Gothic". I think you might find them enjoyable. Nick Holmes had the deepest growl back then. Such a powerful growler. He wrecked his voice though and from "Shades of God" onwards he left the growling vocals behind.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 6:43am
MDB for me.
Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zargus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 12:11pm
Both are great but Paradise lost for me.
http://www.riseaboverecords.com/wp-content/uploads/BLOOD-CEREMONY-new-2016.jpg
Vobiscum View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vobiscum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 9:14am
I prefer "My Dying Bride," still can not really appreciate the sound of "Paradise Lost".
AnnieDoucet View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieDoucet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 2:33am
Voted for Paradise Lost, Coz they were the first out of the 3 I became interested in. If I'm mistaken in them being the most influential of the those 3, that is probably just due to my perspective and that everything is relevant to one's time and place when they first heard a band. I remember Paradise Lost in the 90's.
One of our favorite events to do as a family in Highlands Ranch. This year there is going to be a Caribbean band Pan Jumbies led by an acclaimed steelpan artist!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic