MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mel-Sou-Chai vs Kor-Def-Biz

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: compare the thre heavy grunge band agiains the founding Nu Metal bands
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [88.89%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [11.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mel-Sou-Chai vs Kor-Def-Biz
    Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 12:19pm
one genere combined metal with punk and became grunge, the other combined metal with rap and electronica and became nu metal both later merged and evolved towards metalcore and sludge metal, both sides were influentual to the drop D tuned guitar, or the 7 string guitar, so both some how intruduced ultra heavy riffs, Melvins with the drop D and Korn with the heavy 7 string guitar, both added groove to the metal, while grunge metal was a reaction to the showman ship of glam, nu metal took the attitude of grunge/alternative metal and gave it a wider publical apeal with inclution of groovy music of rap and electrinocal equipents as turntables.

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 12:30pm
for this poll i recomend to watch atleast two episodes of the Metal Evolution the are about grunge and nu-metal, very informative, and you might learn something of from them about grunge and might get some eyes up foor nu-metal (not that i am that much of a fan.
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 11:21pm

I hate Limp Bizkit. The only thing I can tolerate by him is the song Rollin'(Air Raid). Plus he seemed to devote his time while not making shitty songs to bashing other extremely talented muscianhs and bands.

Korn is meh. Deftones are meh. Alice in Chains is meh. Jerry Cantrell's solo stuff I enjoy much better.

Soundgarden is great.

Melvins are Gods.

NeverDave View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeverDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 10:17am
I'll either have to go with the first choice, or neither.  I really like the first 2 Alice In Chains LPs, & the first 2 EPs, but don't much care for the s/t, or anything they've done since.  I like a handful of Soundgarden songs, but that's about it, & I could never really get into The Melvins.

On the other hand, I don't like Korn at all, am indifferent to The Deftones, & can't stand anything Fred Durst has ever done.  

Even though I like AiC, I think I'll have to go with "neither."

DefinitionOfHatred View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefinitionOfHatred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 10:45am

Grunge of course. Without grunge there would be no n�-metal. I hate LB, and I'm not a huge fan of Korn. Deftones is pretty cool though.

Why is six afraid of seven? Because seven ate nine.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

I hate Limp Bizkit. The only thing I can tolerate by him is the song Rollin'(Air Raid). Plus he seemed to devote his time while not making shitty songs to bashing other extremely talented muscianhs and bands.

Korn is meh. Deftones are meh. Alice in Chains is meh. Jerry Cantrell's solo stuff I enjoy much better.

Soundgarden is great.

Melvins are Gods.

Close enough to what I think, although I don't mind the Deftones
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 7:32am
Melvins: I don't know much songs from them.
Alice in Chains: !Thumbs Up

Soundgarden:Thumbs Up

Korn: Thumbs Down

Deftones: seems to be a good band, but I don't know much.

Limp Bizkit: hey, wait, they are metal? LOL
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 8:01am
you should check out Deftones, at their best they are one of the best metal bands arround with a totaly own sound which few bands sounds like, and i think they are as important as At-the Drive in when it comes to experimental indi  rock, post-hardcore, and experimental rock, they can be seen as one of hte inspirators for post-metal

together with Tool  they developed much of the texturing elements of post-metal i would like to think that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiqzxuMrFxc

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Balthamel Balthamel wrote:

for this poll i recomend to watch atleast two episodes of the Metal Evolution the are about grunge and nu-metal, very informative, and you might learn something of from them about grunge and might get some eyes up foor nu-metal (not that i am that much of a fan.

The problem is that we don't really need to.  A lot of people already have some general knowledge on these bands.

Edited by Wilytank - 03 Feb 2012 at 10:06am
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

Melvins: I don't know much songs from them.
Alice in Chains: !Thumbs Up

Soundgarden:Thumbs Up

Korn: Thumbs Down

Deftones: seems to be a good band, but I don't know much.

Limp Bizkit: hey, wait, they are metal? LOL

This, although I still enjoy Korn from time to time. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic