6 [33.33%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [5.56%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The best novel by Stephen King
    Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:35am
Vote and talk about your favorite novel by Stephen King!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 10:16am
Definitely "The Dark Tower". I�m actually in the process of reading through the entire story for the third time right now. I just finished "Song of Susannah".

"Pet Cemetary" was my first encounter with Stephen King so that one will always be special to me. "The Dead Zone" is another favorite. "It" is really special on book too (I don�t like the movie one bit). "The Eyes of the Dragon" is really cool too and of course "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption".
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 2:59pm

You forgot "Desperation". I read the first page of it and I couldn't put it down.

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 5:06pm
Yep, the Dark Tower, awesome concept and story.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 7:52pm
My vote is for The Dark Tower, although I've enjoyed many books from SK, being The Green Mile one of the best.
The winner in PA is The Stand,

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 2:38am
I haven't read that many King but I can't imagine anything topping The Dark Tower, so I'll vote for that. Looking forward to book number 8. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
IMPF View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 1:11pm
/

Edited by IMPF - 13 Feb 2019 at 6:02pm
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 7:42pm
^Do it, man! By the way, I need to read The Stand.
Lynx33 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 7:40pm
Though it's officially a novella published in Four Past Midnight: my favourite is The Langol's. From the list, it's The Green Mile.
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 8:48am
I voted for The Shining over the Dark Tower series, which I haven't finished yet. I didn't finish Book 3 from memory, but I'd like to pick it up again one day soon.
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Lynx33 Lynx33 wrote:

Though it's officially a novella published in Four Past Midnight: my favourite is The Langol's. From the list, it's The Green Mile.

The Green Mile is really awesome.
I like the novels, but I think the best work of Stephen King are on the short stories/novellas IMO.
Eria Tarka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Doomster Doomster wrote:

You forgot "Desperation". I read the first page of it and I couldn't put it down.

Yep, Desperation is amazing. From the list though, I voted Needful Things.
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 3:22am
The Dark Tower series
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 12:33pm
I read one of the Dark Tower books when I was a teenager, and it nearly put me off Stephen King completely. Luckily I went back again and discovered some brilliant books. Christine, Needful Things, The Dark Half, and Under The Dome are all excellent and highly memorable. It was a toss up between The Stand and Dreamcatcher, but Dreamcatcher wins out because I was in South Korea when I read it and had very little English reading material so I absolutely savoured every page of it, and the shit-weasels are my favourite monster created by King.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 2:34am
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

Originally posted by Lynx33 Lynx33 wrote:

The Green Mile is really awesome.
I like the novels, but I think the best work of Stephen King are on the short stories/novellas IMO.

Yeah he has written some pretty great short stories. Stand By me and of course Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption.
Iwan Ruby View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwan Ruby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 1:09pm
of all the lists i only know IT, Under the Dome and The Dark Tower! of the three that i know, i like the most The Dark Tower..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic