0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neurosis vs Tool vs Seigmen
    Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 5:36am
yes im a bit ambitious in this poll, but im fearly asured that Seigmen is as good as theose two other bands in terms, of sound and quality, but not in popularity or name, which is a shame,

Studio albums

Studio albums

Albums

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 6:49am
Neurosis
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 6:52am
am i the only soul in the world who think these bands are compareable, i just wonder, couse nobody else seem to see it
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 8:26am
I think all three are pretty far from each other in sound and style. My personal favorites out of those three is Neurosis.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 9:43am
I'll have to dip into that Seigmen thread Chris started to familiarize myself with them. Wink
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 11:44am
I am a huge Tool fan and a bit of a Neurosis fan, so I'll now go and check out this Seigman band, thanks to the recommendation.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
genghiscon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genghiscon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 1:03pm
I can't, in all honesty, rank Seigmen in comparison to Neurosis or Tool. Neurosis helped pioneer and define a whole genre of metal along with Isis and Cult of Luna. Tool, a band that almost defies categorization, doesn't even share any contemporaries in their class.

Seigmen have a couple of interesting albums, but at the end of the day my vote is Tool. Hands down.
I got Rock N Roll to save me from the cold, and if thats all there is, that aint so bad. Rock N Roll! - Lemmy
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 1:08pm
Yeah, I agree with Genghiscon.  And I'll also give Tool my vote.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Neurosis
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 6:06am
Originally posted by genghiscon genghiscon wrote:

I can't, in all honesty, rank Seigmen in comparison to Neurosis or Tool. Neurosis helped pioneer and define a whole genre of metal along with Isis and Cult of Luna. Tool, a band that almost defies categorization, doesn't even share any contemporaries in their class.

Seigmen have a couple of interesting albums, but at the end of the day my vote is Tool. Hands down.
you know that both Tool and Seigmen have had same producer, Sylvia Massy, on some albums, i think both bands might have had an influence on eachother, Tool more so on Seigmen then visa-versa, but i also sence a small influence of Seigmen in Tool, between Undertow and �nima, Seigmen have released all their albums, and they are all improoving and changing the sound of albums,  but Undertow i a huge influence on Total again...Wink
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 6:13am
Originally posted by Kingcrimsonprog Kingcrimsonprog wrote:

I am a huge Tool fan and a bit of a Neurosis fan, so I'll now go and check out this Seigman band, thanks to the recommendation.
after finishing your listening would you also doo some reviews you are so good at that, Big smile i love your Mastodon reviews, and i like the way you write and how you are wording your reviews.
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 3:37pm
Cheers. Well, I will review them if I end up buying any full albums.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 8:40pm
Tool, I can't get either into Neurosis or Seigmen. And I used to be Tool's die hard fan. Still love Lateralus.
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 9:14pm
Neurosis. I love Tool a whole lot but I find Neurosis better.
Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 9:43am
Neurosis all the way. Tool is good, but Neurosis is amazing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic