Van Halen Completes Mixing New Album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Van Halen Completes Mixing New Album
    Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 4:01pm
The Tattoo song definitely is reminiscent of Van Halen, and should probably please the die-hard fans waiting to hear DLR in the band again.  However, put me in the camp that appreciates what Anthony's backing vocals brought to their sound.
Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 12:08pm
It's not bad...it doesn't wow me...but it feels like VH, IMO. It doesn't feel like a lead single...they needed a "Jump" or "Panama" for that...it sounds like a bonus track or a B-side.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 11:34am
New song/video up:

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 4:11pm
Supposedly, this will be out on Interscope Records sometime next year: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165960
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 2:27am

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I for one am looking forward to the release....all the backstage banter of Hagar and others is hogwash, it just shows Sammy in a bad light. His best bet is to just say nothing and thank them for restarting his career, had it not been for Van Halen I doubt Sammy could live in "Cabo-Wabo" land on the beach.......

Nice to see you spending more time here Hose! (aka progmetalhead PA Smile)

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 5:13pm
I for one am looking forward to the release....all the backstage banter of Hagar and others is hogwash, it just shows Sammy in a bad light. His best bet is to just say nothing and thank them for restarting his career, had it not been for Van Halen I doubt Sammy could live in "Cabo-Wabo" land on the beach.......
US Festival '83 "Heavy Metal Sunday" Survivor....
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 1:53pm

Another classic band where I really don't know what to expect from them when it comes to new output.  Most of the recent stories that I have heard about Eddie have been quite unflattering. 

Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 12:37pm
Interesting! Big smile
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 11:59am
VAN HALEN Completes Mixing New Album - Sep. 5, 2011

According to the usually reliable VAN HALEN fan site Van Halen News Desk, the mixing of the new VAN HALEN album began in July was completed in August. The band's first LP in 27 years to feature original singer David Lee Roth is scheduled to be mastered mid-September, with the process expected to take about a week.

There has virtually no info from the VAN HALEN camp about album or tour plans. Rumors have also suggested that the band pulled out of an Australian festival tour, which was scheduled to kick off later this month. 

One person who doesn't think VAN HALEN can get together and continue its comeback is Roth replacement and former singer Sammy Hagar. "They can't get it together," he said. "You know, they can't. I was there. I saw it. Eddie [Van Halen, guitar], doesn't matter if he's clean and sober, like they � even if he is, too much damage. They're just too wacky. They're so out of it. And it could be cool, time warpy, if they were the original band and everybody was on the same page." 
Producer Ross Hogarth, who has worked on the VAN HALEN album, spoke briefly about it in an interview with Ultimate-Guitar.com, saying, "I'm really stoked about it, as it is the original band, Eddie and Alex [Van Halen, drums] with Wolf [Eddie's son] playing bass, and David Lee Rothsinging, it's the killing side of VAN HALEN at the top of their game again . . . and the band on fire."

ALTER BRIDGE guitarist Mark Tremonti recently said in an interview that he had gotten an opportunity to hear the music through his friendship withWolfgang Van Halen, saying it sounded like "vintage VAN HALEN."

VAN HALEN reunited with Roth in 2007 for a successful year-long reunion tour � minus original bassist Michael Anthony, who now plays withHagar in CHICKENFOOT.

(from blabbermouth.net)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic