MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Official ''Review Our Music'' Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ashen Reign - "An Angels Burden"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheReign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ashen Reign - "An Angels Burden"
    Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 10:07pm
Hello fellow metal zealots,
My name is Brent McDaniel, founder of the Atlanta based one man metal act, Ashen Reign. I would like to submit my CD "An Angels Burden" to you for review. I am new to this site, but you all seem like some cool people and it's hard as hell to get reviews these days, so I thank you for this site. It's a great idea.

I can't see a way to post a widget on hear to make the songs easily to listen to, so here are some links.

http://reverbnation.com/ashenreign
http://www.ashenreign.com
I can send anyone who wants it a link to a digital press kit that has all songs streaming and downloadable, plus all artwork. Please PM or email me.

I'm like most other metal guys that got inspired, picked up a guitar, then bass, then keys, recording equip, etc... tried bands, but always got fed up when it became less about the music and more about other shit. So I did it on my own, here is my little official blurb:

Ashen Reign is a one man band, all instruments, mixing, engineering. It is really about the music and wanting to share my musings with you. Nothing more, nothing less. Music played with precision, attack and focus. The musical direction can be described as melodic metal, modern, dark and brooding.

Brent McDaniel is the force behind the music. With a love for bands like Falconer and Porcupine Tree, throw in some Opeth and Paul Gilbert and you have the basic influences that inspired Ashen Reign.

Ashen Reign is about the journey, not the destination. Along this path are songs of hope, death, dying too soon and enjoying the simple things in life. If you don't want to get too deep, then just crack open a beer and enjoy the tunes as is anyway.

Thanks,

Brent

Edited by TheReign - 22 Jun 2011 at 10:11pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 2:41pm
I took a short listen and it sounds pretty good to my ears.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 4:58pm
Sounds really cool ClapThumbs Up

TheReign View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheReign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:48pm
Thank you for the feedback. Very much appreciate you taking the time to check it out !!
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 7:38pm
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Conor Fynes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Fynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic