MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gojira - the green metal appreciation thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gojira - the green metal appreciation thread
    Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 12:58am
Gojira is to me one of the most extreme but also one of the most original metal acts today, they keep the wheel turning in the development of metal.

their brain melting sound is some of the most heavy music you will ever witness, and a drummer that would give even the most serious jazz drummers a stern look on their face "how did he do that" Stern Smile.  Gojira have elements of death, black, groove, and some kinde of core-ish metal

I only have 1 out of 4 albums from Mars to Sirius, but im certain I would get all their music bcouse it is all incredible and fun to listen to.

have anyone else here dared to investigate some hours of your lives on the awesome giant that is Gojira

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 1:08am

im kinda stoked becouse im gonna witness them for myself this summer with Mastodon,  which is gonna rock of my socks HAHA, is gonna be broooooooooootal heh, well well

some killer whalecore
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 4:25pm
I�ve listened to a fair deal of Gojira ( well...all their studio albums), and if I�m in the right mood they are a really impressive act that I greatly enjoy. They are one of those rare extreme metal acts where you know that it�s them you are listening to, when you hear their music at a friends house or somthing like that. That�s always a good sign IMO.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image