MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal songs called "Nightmare"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tossademarre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metal songs called "Nightmare"
    Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 10:00am

It's been around 40 years that I have been singing the chorus to a song that I heard on one of Tommy Vance's early 1980s Friday Rock Show. Tommy never said after the track who the artist was and to this day I have never found out. So I'm asking a favour really, if the metal forum community can help me identify who the band were? The song, I think, was called “Nightmare” and the chorus was “Nightmare, knocking at your door”. It would be great if you could post links to any bands and songs from the late 70s to mid-80s that could have been around at that time with a tune called Nightmare or Nightmares or that have similar lyrics.

Thanking you

TD

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 2:22pm
I know this isn't the song you're thinking of, but it's what came to mind straight away for me. Hope you can eventually find the song you're looking for.Smile

Tossademarre View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tossademarre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 12:27pm
Close....Wink All they had to do was to blow Ozzy off the stage....sadly they couldn't.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 3:09pm
The band I drum for, Black Rose, released an EP in 1985  (before I joined them) with a song called Nightmare on it but don't think it's the one you're looking for by the lyrics you quoted. It's on Youtube if you want to check it out.

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/black-rose/nightmare-ep(ep)

Edited by Nightfly - 17 Jan 2022 at 3:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic