MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME announce new album!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME announce new album!
    Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 1:34pm
Well known progressive metalcore act BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME has announced their 7th studio album, The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues, will be released April 12, 2011 by Metal Blade Records. It will be a concept album.
Guitarist Paul Waggoner explains the concept on Gun Shy Assasin:

"By now, you�ve heard that Between The Buried and Me have signed with Metal Blade Records and will release a new album calledThe Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues on April 12. Now, guitarist Paul Waggoner has revealed that the album is the first in a two-disc conceptual story. He explains.

The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues will introduce two human characters who live in different planes of existence, separated by millions of light years,� says Waggoner. �We find that each is confronted with similar personal issues that they need to reckon with. Both characters make decisions that will change their lives, and perhaps the course of the universe, forever.�

Sounds like some heavy shit. By the way, I thought the �concept record� trend was long dead. Guess not. But then again, Between The Buried and Me are the type of band that could still pull it off without it feeling contrived.

�Musically, it sounds like Between The Buried And Me. The record has elements of aggression, beauty, quirkiness, and pure cacophony. For �Part 1,� we establish several themes which I�m sure will be revisited in the lengthier �Part 2,� which is something we really look forward to. We love to expand on simple ideas and see where they take us."

- Chris Harris, of Gun Shy Assassin.

More information should be coming soon. I know I'm excited! Big smile

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 1:51pm
Cool.  I always look forward to hearing what they're up to next. Smile
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 3:16pm
Nice... I really like their latest Clap

topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 3:48pm
Awesome! I can't wait to shit my pants when the latest one comes out. As I'm sure you all know they are pretty much one of my favorite bands, and I feel Colors is simply flawless. I hope I am correct in saying that they can do no wrong.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 4:06pm
^ They are pretty amazing, I agree. 
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 4:15pm
FUCK YEAH!!!! Headbanger
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 9:15am
SOME UPDATES (well not really):
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 9:23am
There's also a preview up for streaming here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154538

I tried to listen yesterday, but was interrupted.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 7:00pm
Sounds great! Clap
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 1:18am
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 9:45pm
Nice! Thumbs Up
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 3:45am
Hypersleep Dialogues is streaming on Metalsucks!

http://ht.ly/4qxjX

Personally, I really liked it. Definitely darker and more chaotic than they've been in a while. On first listen I might be able to put it above TGM, but I'll see on repeated listenings if it compares to Alaska, or even Colors. Either way, I'm eating it up because let's face it, BTBAM could probably record shitting on a plate and I'd listen to it.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 9:16am
Listening right now. Smile
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 9:47am
I'm having the same reaction to this as I did with The Great Misdirect.  I'm pleased by what I hear, but I'm no longer surprised/blown away by what they do.  Since Colors, they've pretty much stuck with their sound for better or worse.  It may not be much of a change, but at least they can be counted on for a consistent release. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic