MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Type O Negative: Pete Steel's Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Type O Negative: Pete Steel's Replacement
    Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 9:05am
Now, don't worry, I was just as sad as everyone whenever I heard that Pete had died last year, and it is a complete loss of talent and genius.

But apparently the band want to continue, and I was thinking, who could replace that amazing deep voice, but also give a unqiue edge to it as well.

So I thought of one or 2 -

Ville Valo - I know people are gonna be shocked, but this guy is a very diverse voclaist, and he can do alot of Steele esque vocal techniques.

Roy Khan - Just a beautiful deep vocalist.

Any more suggestions, keeping in mind the vocal range has to be bass to baritone
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 9:18am
Nobody.The band must stop existing.And those 2 suggestions are awful.They'll destruct the band.
Inexistence is the true normality.
arcane-beautiful View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 11:08am
well i think the band is continuing, and I think they'd be suitable replacements
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 11:33am
In any case, Peter Steele can't really do anything about the band continuing or not without him. The question is, if they continued, whether they wanted a Peter Steele copy or someone who sounded different. They'd also need a bass player.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 1:44pm
I doubt anyone will replace Peter Steele. They really can't, I bet they will break up.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by arcane-beautiful arcane-beautiful wrote:

But apparently the band want to continue

Any source for this?

I can't really believe that they would even consider carrying on under the name Type O Negative. Peter was about 90% of what made the band what it was, and I'm sure the rest appreciate that.
<- Click on this!
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 5:04pm
Would be weird if it happened, but if Queen can play without Freddie Mercury, I guess anything goes. Disapprove
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 6:10am

the only problem is that Queen without Freddie Mercury was inrecibly bad, and you could find a replacement bass player, heck I'd do it.

And it says on Wikipedia that the band wish to continue

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 6:45am
This is all I found on Wikipedia (which, by the way, is sometimes far from being a credible source): "The future of the band is not known at this time."

<- Click on this!
mistress2metal View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mistress2metal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 2:37pm
Honestly, it wouldn't be the same Type O if they kept the name and got a new singer. I don't think it could ever come close.
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 3:20pm
And Pete was the main songwriter and...the image...so yea maybe they shouldn't continue...altho we do have about 30 years of music to remember him by
Dragodon View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:38am
Just found this forum and I know this thread is old, but if they did decide to carry on, Erik Molarin of Beseech would be my pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgUgK2KycHw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn93UwAYpow&feature=related
Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zargus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 7:59pm
Peter Steele is Type o negative, in the same way that Ian Anderson is Jethro Tull, I dont think they will continue, and it they do it whuld be wierd, and im pretty sure Peter was the main songwriter so they will probobly have a hard time to come up with new material if they whuld go on.
http://www.riseaboverecords.com/wp-content/uploads/BLOOD-CEREMONY-new-2016.jpg
filipecosteira View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filipecosteira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 5:21pm
Well, the The 69 Eyes's vocalist would be a good choice, i think.
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 6:36pm
Greg Pucciato

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
ChaosAngel View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaosAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 6:23pm
I've got something to say.  It's better to burn out... no wait.  Something else.

On the whole, I have to agree that Peter Steele (may he rest in honored glory) was the greatest piece of the Type O Negative equation.

However, the question before us is not who would replace him (I can't think of anyone at this very moment), but should they go on?  It is true that many a band has lost an iconic lead singer, and gone on with a replacement.  THe vast majority of these do not work.  However, I can think of a few cases where it has worked, and sometimes even propelled the band into higher heights.

After all, in 1980, AC/DC lost their very iconic front man, Bon Scott (may he rest in honored glory).  His replacement, Brian Johnson, has helped the band achieve new and exciting things.

There was once a young and hungry band named Iron Maiden, who were ripping up their scene.  When they had to fire their singer (Paul Di'Anno), his replacement took the band to world domination.

Honestly, the list goes on.  As to the 'who can replace Peter' question, I really don't know.  I suppose his replacement would have to have the same wicked sense of humor, and be able to bring a crap-ton of force and personality to the songs.

If they do find someone, I will proudly give whoever it is a chance, because you never really know (especially if you pre-judge).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic