Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REVOCATION: Begin Work On New Album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REVOCATION: Begin Work On New Album
    Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 1:54pm

REVOCATION: Begin Work On New Album; Record DEATH cover for Decibel Magazine�s Flexi Series

REVOCATION are currently recording their new as-yet-untitled full-length album at Damage Studios in Southbridge, Massachusettswith engineer Pete Rutcho. The follow-up to the band�s break-through Relapse debut Existence Is Futile is expected to see its release in summer 2011. REVOCATION (David Davidson: guitar / vocals, Anthony Buda: bass / vocals, Phil Dubois: drums, Dan Gargiulo: guitar / vocals) began the tracking process after their fall tour with DESPISED ICON and MISERY INDEX.

David Davidson recently checked in from Damage Studios with the following: �We are currently wrapping up the recording process for our 3rd studio album and we firmly believe that this is our strongest material to date. The songs on the new release are incredibly varied and all have the own character. They range from technical thrash to groove laden death metal, there's even a song with a full horn section this time around. We can't wait for people to check it out!�

Additionally, REVOCATIONhas recorded a cover of DEATH�s classic �Pull the Plug� track for Decibel Magazine�s monthly Flexi Series. REVOCATION�s take on �Pull the Plug� will be included in the March 2011 issue of Decibel, on sale in early February, and is streaming online at this location

Davidson commented on the DEATH track; �We are extremely honored to be a part of the Decibel tribute to Death. Anyone who knows us is well aware that we're huge Death fans and we're very pleased with the way the song came out. R.I.P. Chuck.�

Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 2:01pm
I haven't heard very much Revocation.But it's a good modern band.Nice news.
Inexistence is the true normality.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 2:32pm
Nice to hear. I have Existence is Futile and it's great modern thrash. I find the album pretty interesting, I might pick up the new one if it comes out soon.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic