MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gothic melodic death metal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metallica999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gothic melodic death metal?
    Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 7:29am
Does something like that even exists? :D
The only album i know that could be labeled as such is Projector by Dark Tranquillity. Does anyone know any other bands that would fit this label? I would love to check them out.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 7:35am
Try Moonspell.
Inexistence is the true normality.
Metallica999 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metallica999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 7:42am
They have been on my list of bands i have to check for quite a long now. It's about time to check them out!
Which albums would you recommend for start?
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 7:44am
I don't know what you prefer more.The most gothic or the most gothic death.But I recommend you to hear Memorial and Irreligious.
Inexistence is the true normality.
Metallica999 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metallica999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 8:03pm
Thanks for advice. I listened to Irreligious today, and i liked it quite a lot. I will definitely check their other albums as well.
goskoski View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goskoski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 8:33pm
I am not sure what song would really fit under this catergory, but you could check out the following bands:

Within Temptation - The Dance, Enter
Theatre of Tragedy - On Whom the Moon Doth Shine, A Hamlet for A Slothful Vassal, or Black as the Devil Painteth.
Tristania - Aphelion
Mortemia - The One I Once Was

Maybe, you also should try Siebenburgen - Thy Sister Thee Crimson Wed. It is similar to Theatre of Tragedy, but with more tendency to Black Metal while Theatre of Tragedy were closer Doom Metal.

Maybe, Gothic from Paradise Lost would fit in that category.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 7:29am
The Gathering - Always comes to mind

Early Anathema  and early Katatonia maybe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image