Poll Question: pick the band you enjoy more
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [63.64%]
4 [36.36%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 1:06pm
I have to go w/ Kreator here. I'm just not a huge Slayer fan.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^Not if you mention Renewal as their best Big smile. I´ve given my reasons for not appreciating Kreator much these days, and I think those are valid reasons. To my ears not even the "Classic" Kreator albums even remotely reach the heights of the best Slayer albums. There are quite a few reasons why that is (songwriting, production values...etc), but to me personally it´s mostly Ventor´s rididulous drumming skills which kills Kreator´s music. He is one of the worst drummers on the scene IMO. I can still remember the "not so well trained" younger version of him singing out of breath/and trying to drum and keep the beat while singing "Riot of Violence" on the VHS tape of the live concert in East Berlin right after the wall fell. Man I used to love that video, but in retrospect that particular track just sounds awful.

yes, Renewal is great. Smile

Just surprised I am the only one liking Kreator more. That's all. 
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 1:07pm
wait, there's one more LOL
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

wait, there's one more LOL

Wink
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 1:20pm
Tbh, I lean toward Kreator as well, I just need to hear more of their albums first to make sure they don't have any huge weak links like Slayer. I listened to a bit of Endorama and it seemed fine, though, so it seems more and more likely they'll get my vote.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 9:44pm
Slayer. They have three masterpiece albums (South of Heaven, Seasons in the Abyss, Divine Intervention) and a masterpiece EP (Haunting the Chapel). Kreator has two masterpieces (Extreme Aggression and Coma of Souls).

Honestly both bands haven't been that great in a while, but I guess as far as new stuff goes I'd take generic modern Slayer over the over-produced melodic death metal disguised as thrash that is modern Kreator. I know a lot of people love Kreator's new albums, but I just cannot enjoy them. I miss the rawness and the groove of Extreme Aggression.

Edited by Unitron - 15 Mar 2018 at 9:47pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic