Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCOTT IAN: 'Touring Is The Hardest Thing'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalbaswee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCOTT IAN: 'Touring Is The Hardest Thing'
    Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 11:54am

Bryan Reesman of Attention Deficit Delirium recently conducted an interview with ANTHRAX/THE DAMNED THINGS guitarist Scott Ian. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On his drive and perseverance:

Ian: "Just the energy and perseverance it took to get ANTHRAX done from the early days to the first record to 'Among The Living' to the Big Four [tour] � people probably just think it's all fucking fancy wine and sleeping late, and it's not. It's a lot of hard work. As fun as it is to play shows, touring is the hardest thing physically and mentally. But I would never give it up because it's too much fun, and I love doing it too much. It's not a case of where I get re-energized from all these things, I just enjoy doing all of it."

On shuffling his ANTHRAX and THE DAMNED THINGS duties:

Ian: "It's pretty easy between ANTHRAX and THE DAMNED THINGS. ANTHRAX is my priority, and just because of where we're at right now in recording, it's given me the opportunity to go out and do some DAMNED THINGS touring. The ANTHRAX record is pretty much done musically. It's just down to Joey [Belladonna] singing the whole record now, which will start right after the holidays. Obviously I don't need to be there on a daily basis while Joey is singing. Of course, I'll pop in every once in a while, but it gives me time to go out [and perform]. If we were in the thick of it with ANTHRAX right now, I couldn't do a DAMNED THINGS tour."

On how THE DAMNED THINGS has been received thus far:

Ian: "We've played a bunch of shows, and we know that we can deliver. I'm really looking forward to getting out there, playing to people and showing them what this band's all about.

"People need to judge by the music. It's not about who's in the band. What does it matter who's in the band? Either the music's good or the music's bad. That's what matters to me. I think most people are willing to judge something based on the quality of the songs rather than just who happens to be playing guitar or who's singing."

On JUDAS PRIEST's recent announcement that it was embarking on a farewell tour:

Ian: "It's a trip. I like to think, why wouldn't they just continue touring? Why end it? Why not go away for a while but maybe three years later get back together and do some dates? Maybe play all of 'Stained Class' live or something? It seems a little weird to me to say, 'That's it, we're done,' but a lot of bands have said that over the last 20 years, and they're still going. I remember an Ozzy tour called 'No More Tours', and how long ago was that? Then you've got the KISS reunion that started in '96, and that's been going on for 14 years. There is something to be said for bowing out gracefully and while you're still popular. Believe me, I get it. I absolutely get it. Just from a fan's point of view, to never see PRIEST again is a bummer."

Read the entire interview from Attention Deficit Delirium.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=151394

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic