MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Server Error in '/' Application.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Server Error in '/' Application.
    Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 2:10pm
For some reason I keep getting this error when I try to load the main site:

The wait operation timed out

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Has anyone else gotten this error as of late, usually I only get this when the site is down/being updated.

If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 2:19pm
Frustrating isn't it? I believe M@x is on it. The site's been down all day, at least on and off. Bear with us. I'm sure we'll be back before too long.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 3:07pm
I'm personally getting a different error now. 503 service unavailable. 

I have informed Max and can confirm that he is indeed on it - in fact the 503 error likely suggests he has switched the main site off to work on it. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 11:46pm
The bug seems to be in our Search system. Max has had to remove the search box for now. 

You can still search for bands on the site with google.

Edited by adg211288 - 10 Feb 2017 at 12:00am
GG2U

Warthur View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 9:18am
Protip: in case you didn't know, you can use "site:" in a google search to search on a specific site. So, for instance, a Google search for:

site:metalmusicarchives.com "Elysian Blaze"

will steer you in the right direction if you are looking up Elysian Blaze.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 11:36am
You can also use the ABC indexes or genre page artist lists. 

I've added a few artists today and can confirm the system to be working fine by the way. It's just the search that is switched off. 
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 8:09am
Database is down again:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 327:        <asp:Repeater ID="SubGenresRepeater" runat="server" DataSourceID="SubGenresDataSource">
Line 328:            <ItemTemplate>
Line 329:                <li><a href="<%# FormatUtils.BuildGenreUrl(GlobalUtils.FindMasterUrlFriendlyName((System.Data.Linq.EntitySet<DAL.UrlFriendlyName>)Eval("UrlFriendlyNames")).FriendlyName) %>" style="padding-left:15px;">&#8627; <%# Eval("StyleName") %></a></li>
Line 330:            </ItemTemplate>
Line 331:        </asp:Repeater>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\metalmusicarchives.com\MAC.master    Line: 329

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   ASP.mac_master.__DataBind__control34(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\metalmusicarchives.com\MAC.master:329
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +101
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +176
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +252
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +194
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +174
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.AddDataItemsIntoItemsArray(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean useDataSource) +283
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.PostGetDataAction(IEnumerable dataSource) +109
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +80
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.EnsureDataBound() +70
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +20
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +107
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +204
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +7675
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 8:31am
It's been reported to Max but you've got to remember that there is a time zone difference so it can take a while before he sees our messages. 
GG2U

Warthur View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 4:01am
I see the old search box has been replaced now with a new Google custom search box.

Not a perfect solution, but it's better than nothing and I do see some advantages to it. It's nice and quick on the response time, for instance, whereas I found the old search box could sometimes take a little while to call up band names, and the Google search is better for finding bands where you're not entirely sure of their name but you do know an album or song name or have a rough guess as to what their name is.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 4:19am
I quite like it. The only problem is that it can bring up 10 pages of results and the band your looking for may not be on the first couple of pages. I've deleted a duplicate add I made where I couldn't see the existing band. I'm back to using the A-Z listing for the add process.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic