Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHITESNAKE: New Album Title, Artwork Unveiled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalbaswee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHITESNAKE: New Album Title, Artwork Unveiled
    Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 7:40am

Legendary rock band
 WHITESNAKE has set "Forevermore" as the title of its new album, tentatively due at the end of March 2011 via Frontiers Records. Check out the cover artwork below.

Regarding the CD's title, WHITESNAKE mainman David Coverdale stated, "Don't forget, 'tis ONE word. Otherwise it sounds like a bleedin' Valentine's Day card, which it ain't!"

According to a press release, WHITESNAKE's the follow-up to 2008's"Good To Be Bad" will be "a solid, natural progression from the band's last opus, which was awarded by the influential Classic Rock magazine as 'Best Album of the Year' in 2008." "As always, we want to take it to the next level," stated David Coverdale. "I feel that with the last album we achieved a strong WHITESNAKE 'cocktail' that comfortably embraced and mixed all the previous musical aspects and styles of the band's history, while taking our identity a little further... all on one album." 

"The new songs are in the very familiar and recognizable WHITESNAKEterritory of soulful, bluesy, melodic power rock, with a couple of ballads thrown in for good measure," the singer said. "It can't be a WHITESNAKEalbum without ballads, mate!"

WHITESNAKE recently announced the addition of bassist Michael Devinto the group's ranks.

Devin, 35, most recently played in LYNCH MOB alongside newWHITESNAKE drummer Brian Tichy (FOREIGNER, BILLY IDOL, OZZY OSBOURNE, VELVET REVOLVER). 

WHITESNAKE's current lineup is rounded out by guitarists Doug Aldrichand Reb Beach.

All keyboard tracks on "Forevermore" were played by Timothy Drury, who left WHITESNAKE in September in order to "pursue a solo career."

WHITESNAKE was forced to cancel a number of shows on its 2009 summer U.S. tour with JUDAS PRIEST due to David Coverdale being diagnosed with "severe vocal fold edema and a left vocal fold vascular lesion."

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 3:35pm
Can't say I'm a fan of that album cover.  It's like they aren't even trying.
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 5:27pm
I love WhitesnakeHeadbanger
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I don't know, it looks sort of cool to me. I would never buy a Whitesnake album, though Tongue
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

I don't know, it looks sort of cool to me. I would never buy a Whitesnake album, though Tongue

It isn't ugly or anything, but just looking at their discography, they have more than enough albums that feature their logo as the main piece of the cover (though many of them are compilations).  

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/whitesnake.aspx?ac=whitesnake#discography

It looks cool on their 1987 self-titled album cover, but when will they have their next Love Hunter-esque cover? LOL

The Glove of Love View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Glove of Love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 6:45pm
The first minute and a half of one of their new songs was released a few weeks ago. It seems to be shaping up reasonably well, I'm liking the riff on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjiX5InF8p8
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 4:03pm
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 5:04pm
Damn !!! I love it !!!
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 10:41pm
Whitesnake is awesome, their latest album is definitely a buy in my book! :)

The Glove of Love View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Glove of Love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 11:21pm
The full song was released a few days ago. Good tune, but a completely naff music video LOL

Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 3:47pm
Can't say I'm excited about a new Whitesnake album. I was never a fan of glam metal as a genre anyway.
IndianaJones View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndianaJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 3:52pm

It isn't ugly or anything, but just looking at their discography, they have more than enough albums that feature their logo as the main piece of the cover (though many of them are compilations).  

It looks cool on their 1987 self-titled album cover, but when will they have their next Love Hunter-esque cover? LOL

Second to that! But did the cover being what it is surprise anyone? Hopefully the music will be as cool as on the previous one "Good to be Bad", which I think was a great album. If Doug Aldrich would just play better solos this time... he sounds so uninspired when comparing "Good to be Bad" to Dio's "Killing the Dragon", which has some really awesome and memorable solos.

The new song sounds good (and has a pretty decent guitar solo too). Looking forward to this!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic