MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amadeus Awad and Amadeus Awad's Eon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amadeus Awad and Amadeus Awad's Eon
    Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 4:03pm
I'm adding Amadeus Awad to ProgArchives these days. His record company bio as well as his web site make a distinction between Amadeus Awad, the name he uses to publish his solo albums, and Amadeus Awad's Eon, a side project that only released The Book of Gates so far. On MMA, these are all listed under Amadeus Awad's Eon, which appears to be wrong...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 3:44am
Hi angelo thanks for your report. Indeed, this does appear to be an error on our part. It will be taken care of.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 8:51am
And fixed!

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/artist/amadeus-awad
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/artist/amadeus-awads-eon

Thanks for reporting. Before I close this though could you perhaps comment on whether the tagging for the solo releases is accurate? I noticed that RYM puts progressive metal as a primary genre on the first album, but it's only one person's vote. The second only has progressive metal down as a secondary/influence genre. There's no tagging at all to go by for the Ghost Stories EP. Any information you can provide would be appreciated. 
GG2U

angelo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 9:04am
Well... at PA the first two albums were considered borderline prog metal, not prog enough to qualify as such. He was added on the merits of his 2015 album, which still has metal influences but classifies as better as crossover prog because of heavy and symphonic influences.
I'm not a regular MMA visitor, and I'm not up to speed with the definition of all the tags, so I hope this helps you a little further. On his bandcamp page, the albums preceding 2015, except for Ghost Stories can be checked. Unfortunately for you, Ghost Stories is also the only one that I have not heard yet.

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 9:31am
Perhaps the fact that you're, "not a regular MMA visitor", contributed to the likelihood of this error, and you should therefore help out more on MMA to make sure we don't make any similar mistakes Angelo Wink
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 10:28am
^No pushing LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 10:42am
Originally posted by angelo angelo wrote:

Well... at PA the first two albums were considered borderline prog metal, not prog enough to qualify as such. He was added on the merits of his 2015 album, which still has metal influences but classifies as better as crossover prog because of heavy and symphonic influences.
I'm not a regular MMA visitor, and I'm not up to speed with the definition of all the tags, so I hope this helps you a little further. On his bandcamp page, the albums preceding 2015, except for Ghost Stories can be checked. Unfortunately for you, Ghost Stories is also the only one that I have not heard yet.

I'd imagine our tagging for the full-lengths at least is backwards then. I'll change them for now. We can always move them again if someone brings it up. Thumbs Up
GG2U

angelo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 11:52am
Thumbs Up Perfect, adg211288. And Bosh66: thanks for asking, but I'll be low profile only. Got a lot of reviewing and radio making to do - adding bands and spotting errors as part of that is a limited activity for me ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic