0 [0.00%]
1 [12.50%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Anthrax album?
    Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 12:27am
Anthrax has always been one of my favorite bands, what's your favorite from the underrated members of the Big 4?

As for me, I'm headed towards Among the Living, but I love most of them so much it's difficult for me. Tongue
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 12:44am
I've got or heard nothing after Persistence, but of the earlier releases, I'll go with Among The Living, with Spreading next.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 12:51am
Persistence of Time. It's the heaviest album they've done. I can't say I dislike any Anthrax album, except the Live: The Island years, and that's only because it's a record label rip off.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 12:53am
I can't really say, 'DEFINITELY have to listen to them more!!Smile
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Persistence of Time. It's the heaviest album they've done. I can't say I dislike any Anthrax album, except the Live: The Island years, and that's only because it's a record label rip off.

Yeah, they've never released a bad album in my book, only some being weaker then others.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 1:06am
Well, even State Of Euphoria, which cops a lot of criticism, isn't bad. It just has a funny sounding production job. I've reviewed it and said if you don't like the sound, fiddle with your graphic equalizer.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 1:10am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Well, even State Of Euphoria, which cops a lot of criticism, isn't bad. It just has a funny sounding production job. I've reviewed it and said if you don't like the sound, fiddle with your graphic equalizer.

I personally don't understand the criticism, I've never had an issue with the production. I love it as much as all the Belladonna albums. Actually met Joey Belladonna to get my copies of Among the Living, Star of Euphoria, and Persistence of Time signed. Smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 2:05am
Among the Living.
martindavey87 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Error & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martindavey87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 11:14am
Gonna go with an unlikely one here, but "We've Come for You All".
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by martindavey87 martindavey87 wrote:

Gonna go with an unlikely one here, but "We've Come for You All".

Great album, especially love the title track and 'Nobody Knows Anything'. Clap
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 1:43pm
I like their first 3, voted Fistful of Metal
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 2:59pm
Spreading the Disease for me.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 3:16pm
This is a bit of a tough choice. It seems like everyone likes Anthrax, but at the same time, I can't really disagree with any of the selections. My favourite Anthrax release of all isn't actually an album. It's the Attack Of The Killer B's "E.P." It's just because it's got a bit of everything from their first era, and I really love "Startin' Up A Posse", because despite being in my 40s, I still find childish excessive swearing highly entertaining.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 11:00am
hard choice, I'm stuck between Spreading the Disease and Among the Living
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

hard choice, I'm stuck between Spreading the Disease and Among the Living

Spreading The Disease was the first Anthrax album I got, and it fucking blew me away! The only Anthrax I'd heard previously was the song "Who Cares Wins", which is reasonably heavy, but not near as fast or sharp as Spreading The Disease. I basically thrashed the fuck out of that tape. I got it within a couple of days of Master Of Puppets, and found I was playing Anthrax more than Metallica. I couldn't tell anyone that at the time, in case they thought I was weird.LOL Actually, I didn't know anyone who even knew both of those bands anyway...Confused
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 1:25pm
^I was blown away the first time I heard 'Gung-Ho', intense headbanging ensued. LOL
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 1:41pm
Yep. Gung Ho was a clincher!
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 1:46pm
Decided to go with Among the Living, although I find all of the Belladonna albums to be equally amazing.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Anthrax has always been one of my favorite bands, what's your favorite from the underrated members of the Big 4?

As for me, I'm headed towards Among the Living, but I love most of them so much it's difficult for me. Tongue

Tongue

Persistence of Time 

Tongue
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic