MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have I done something wrong posting reviews?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have I done something wrong posting reviews?
    Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 1:39am
I've just dumped a pile of reviews on the site, and I've got a heap more to go. I've just noticed the formatting is a bit up the fuck after I've submitted them. There's no paragraph breaks, so the text is all just in a big huge block and is quite hard to read like that.

Do I just need to stick in a heap of carriage returns or is there something else which needs doing?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 1:42am
Yeah, just put in a break of one line between each paragraph. That'll smarten them up. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 1:43am
Is it not letting you separate the paragraphs?

I don't think there's anything wrong with posting reviews with no paragraph breaks, but like you said it does make them a bit hard to read.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 1:47am
Sometimes things don't copy/paste correctly, depending on what they were first typed in.

This happened to me once when I was first reviewing and writing for EM, because web browsers don't recognise line breaks put there by Word formatting rather than the return key. 

Also as an FYI, when I moved the top 2014 albums to the forum, Word formatting caused everything to have double line breaks on the forum which had to then be edited back out. Modern technology for you I guess. 

But no there is nothing wrong with submitting reviews in one paragraph but they will look more inviting to read in manageable chunks. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 3:58am
I write my reviews in notepad. When transfered to MMA, you don´t lose paragraphs.

...oh and great to see you´ve started posting reviews Clap

Edited by UMUR - 20 Jul 2015 at 3:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image