0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [8.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Testament overall appreciation poll
    Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 1:57am
I've read so many different opinions on Testament over the years, some surprising ones as well. There was one guy that said only their debut album is great and they are second hand thrash after that. Quite shocking for me honestly. LOL

I also never understood how Souls of Black or Practice What You Preach are bad albums for some people. I do understand the disappointment for The Ritual (not me though, I love this one) but SoB and PWYP, no way.

I've put the "other opinion" option maybe my poll options won't help.

Edited by LittleBig - 19 Jan 2015 at 1:58am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:08am
I´m not a huge fan, so this option is probably the most suiting: "some good albums, some bad ones as well". I would probably replace "bad" with less interesting or something like that, because I don´t think they´ve ever made any really bad albums, but a few mediocre ones have sneaked into their discography over the years.

But Again I´m not a big Testament fan, and they are one of the "original" US thrash metal bands, that I listen to very rarely, and if I do it´s almost always one of the first two albums that get a spin.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:43am
^ I don't think they've released a bad album either, some albums are less inspired indeed, but like I said, you'd be surprised how this band gets some hate from some people. And this band doesn't deserve that if you ask me.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 7:44am
Don´t worry...no hate from me Tongue
Charcaroth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charcaroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:43pm
They're a solid, staple thrash band. Not mindblowingly amazing, but perfectly solid, enjoyable thrash. Most of their albums are pretty good. They thrive on melody and Chuck's singing rather than riffs, which is unusual in thrash, obviously.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:58pm
I've actually only heard a couple songs by them which I did like, I need to start listening to more Tongue

Edited by Unitron - 19 Jan 2015 at 5:59pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 1:02am
I'd listen to these guys over Anthrax anyday.  I'd take Exodus over both of them though.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 6:12am
Formation Of Damnation and Dark Roots are both quality albums for me. 

I wonder whether we're going to have a clear poll winner in the non-commital some good some bad album choice. It's the one I chose.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 9:02am
I really like them
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 5:22pm
I actually like their two latest albums very much. I think they're a great band, plus Chuck Billy seems like the nicest person in the world.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

I really like them

Ouch

I forgot a simple option like " I like them" LOL . my apologies.

I do agree their last two albums were great. And Alex is back with them Clap
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 5:42pm
Testament is one of those bands that I haven't listened to yet all that much so I can't gauge  LOL
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Gabimm View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 10:54am
I like, but i like more the Exodus. Cool

But the album "Dark Roots of Earth" is very powerfull, very good!
Hellbender View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellbender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 10:17am
Good band. Think their The Gathering album is their best.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 11:09am
Dark Roots of Earth is as good an album as they've ever released, possibly even my favourite. Great to see them on top of their game after being around for so long.
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 7:56am
Right now, one of the best bands out there, crazy consistency. They have no bad albums, I mean Souls of Black, The Ritual and Demonic (which are the 3 "worst" of their career) are not bad albums at all, mediocre at worst but they still  have great songs.

I really liked Dark Roots of Earth, a solid 8 (and Throne of Thorns the song is a perfect ten, fantastic song) but I will always have The Legacy and The Gathering on top of everything else. 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 12:39am
I've written reviews of The Legacy (Bloody brilliant) and The New Order (mediocre, verging on crap), which I thought I'd put on Amazon. Can't find The Legacy one, and don't care about the New Order one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic