MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

in flames opinions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: in flames opinions
    Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 11:13am
What is everyone's opinion of in flames? Are they great? Do you only like their 1st 5 albums?
I like them a lot. I haven't heard their albums reroute to remain and soundtrack to your escape all the way through but from what i have heard i didn't like those. maybe i need to give em full listens.
also their new one blows and I liked their last 3 albums.

If there is already a thread on in flames point me to it.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 11:54am
I really enjoy In Flames, I've never understood why people don't like their more recent stuff.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 12:33pm
I don't know In Flames too much. Perhaps I should get to know them Tongue
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 2:03pm
They're not too bad...but then I REALLY need to listen to them more. Haven't heard much of them myself.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 4:16pm
I liked their first five albums (I´m not a huge fan, just enjoyed them), but after they changed, I haven´t really enjoyed listening to them much. It´s still quality music, just not my poison.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 6:27pm
i wish their new one didn't suck ass
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

i wish their new one didn't suck ass

Shocked

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - 13 Oct 2014 at 6:28pm

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I liked their first five albums (I´m not a huge fan, just enjoyed them), but after they changed, I haven´t really enjoyed listening to them much. It´s still quality music, just not my poison.

I loved their debut 'Lunar Strain'. Clap
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 9:39pm
I haven't actually heard their first album, that's the only one I haven't for some reason. I consider The Jester Race and Whoracle as genre classics, while the two after Whoracle were excellent as well. Everything after that has mostly been good, but not great. I liked their new album more than I expected, but I definitely still prefer their old sound. 
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 11:05pm
i hate their new one because of it is alt metal and not a good exaple of it being that the songs are just boring. none of them grab your attention and they are not memorable. also whenever anders growls or screams it feels out of place with the style of this albm and it seems forced. also there are way to many clean vocals on it

Edited by vmoore - 13 Oct 2014 at 11:09pm
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 11:21pm

i hate their new one because of it is alt metal and not a good exaple of it being that the songs are just boring. none of them grab your attention and they are not memorable. also whenever anders growls or screams it feels out of place with the style of this albm and it seems forced. also there are way to many clean vocals on it

I love this guy. He stands by what he says Clap

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 11:22pm
I haven't heard their new album, I'll have to give it a listen.

I've personally enjoyed their alt metal albums Tongue
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 12:10am
Barely listened to them but I didn't like what I heard
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

so have i but they have always kept the death metal vocal and they always had sone elements of their melodic side thrown in. the new one has very very little of those 2 things
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 12:19am

Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

so have i but they have always kept the death metal vocal and they always had sone elements of their melodic side thrown in. the new one has very very little of those 2 things

That's a shame, I've thought they are at their best with the combination of death/clean.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 3:29am
I always thought Anders sounded a bit like a pathetic whimpering Jonathan Davies (Korn) when he sings "cleans" on their alternative metal material. I can´t stand it.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 10:53am
I enjoy some of their stuff, both out of the melodeath and alternative eras but overall I think they're quite the overrated band. I have a few of their albums but I think I've only spent like £1.50 on their music all told. I had two of their CD's for free for subscribing to a magazine and bought another just because it was that cheap. Of the ones I own I think Colony is pretty good but it's not an album I take out very often. I did also hear their last album before the current one and thought it was surprisingly decent (not that great or anything but decent enough). I haven't heard the new one. Unlikely to as well. For all the last album was kinda promising they're just not a band who interest me anymore. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:15pm
I think all of In Flames's discography is great (although I do like the Alt. metal take  a little more than the Death metal one), and I don't get why people wouldn't like their newer stuff.
Primeval Scum View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Primeval Scum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 12:08am
I like almost everything they have released, but nothing will ever top the first five albums (six, if you include Subterranean)

1. Colony (10/10)
2. The Jester Race (10/10)
3. Subterranean (9/10)
4. Whoracle (8/10)
5. Clayman (8/10)
6. Soundtrack To Your Escape (8/10)
7. Reroute to Remain (8/10)
8. Lunar Strain (7/10)
9. Come Clarity (7/10)
10. Siren's Charm (7/10)
11. A Sense of Purpose (5/10)
http://www.last.fm/user/Harmonia-Mundi
https://rateyourmusic.com/~cosmic_ocean
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 10:31am
how can you rate siren charms(not siren's charms) more than sounds of a playground fading? siren charms blows cock
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic