Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 94>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:53am
From the summary I read there are three previous Vault Hunter's killed during the course of the game. One I don't care about as it's one of the 'extra' characters but the other two were my BL1 and BL2 characters (well, I've actually played BL2 through with two different characters but as far as I can tell the other one isn't even in the game and the one that is killed is definitely the one I have used the most who I know is also a fan favourite in general). 

More than anything I didn't want them to fall back on the same shock that was Roland's death in BL2. And it looks like that's exactly what they've done, at least twice over and the second one is to the most obvious character possible that it makes the game look like it's lazily written. Meanwhile it sounds like the most annoying character survives (no, not Claptrap). 

I'm also bothered by absent characters and what seems like there's going to be a lot of unanswered questions. Which might get addressed in DLC of course, but everything I've learned is telling me to wait even longer for a complete edition. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 1:41pm
Fuck, I think that confirms the one death I was fearing, and I definitely did not see it yet, nor hear anything about it anywhere else. I guess I'll have to wait and see how I feel about it when I see it, but, damn......

The main missing characters I can think of so far are: Any BL2 vault hunters (aside from the one that dies, of course, though I've heard Krieg shows up in a sidequest later on), Athena (who I really hope shows up later, or in DLC, because she really should be there) Mr. Torgue (aside from apparently showing up in some endgame thing) and Fiona (who feels weird to not be there, since Rhys and Vaughn are, so I hope she at least appears in a DLC.) Anyone else I can think of, either has shown up, or died in a previous game (Tales is considered canon, so.......) 

I am a bit disappointed they didn't fit in everyone in, but the game is huge already, so I can kinda get that it would be hard to cram everyone in. The fact most BL2 vault haunters got left behind, while the BL1 vault hunters became important to the plot, is the main thing that stings, though, along with Athena now showing up, so far.

Also, who do you find annoying? I personally find Claptrap more funny than annoying, but I can't think of many characters in the series I find annoying, in general. I know there's a couple new characters some find annoying, but even them, I generally like.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 18 Sep 2019 at 1:46pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 2:06pm
Sorry if I've spoiled anything Travis; trying to hide the spoilers isn't always easy. But yeah I think you know which BL1 character I'm talking about and according to the summary of the plot on Wikipedia, they die. It might be a more fitting death than I think the BL2 character is so it might be OK, but for me it basically sounds like Avengers Endgame all over again. Loads of characters I'd be fine with getting knocked off and a couple I wouldn't. And it's someone I wouldn't that gets it. 

As for the annoying character, it's Tannis. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 10:16pm
I kinda figured they might do it, but yeah, I would have definitely preferred to see it for myself. Ah well. I have a habit getting things spoiled ahead of time, so it's nothing new, LOL! I actually did have the other death spoiled as well, by a complete fluke, but that one I would have likely figured out ahead of time, anyway, though I probably wouldn't have expected it to happen as soon as it did. 

And I definitely don't find Tannis annoying, but that's personal taste, I guess. I like pretty much all the returning characters, at least to some degree. Except maybe Crazy Earl, though that's mostly because he's voiced by Randy Pitchford, so I kinda can't like him, just for that. 

Edited by DippoMagoo - 18 Sep 2019 at 10:16pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:28pm
Originally I had nothing against Tannis, but after more than one replay of both games I just started to find the character to grate on my nerves. Her journal entries that you find provide some good humour though. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:01pm
Finished the game, and loved it, aside from some struggled with bosses (though the actual fights were generally better designed and more interesting than in past games, imo, it's the balancing felt off at times) and the new UI being annoying. The actual gameplay was awesome, side content is more abundant than ever, and great, the new planets are cool and add more exploration to the game, and I enjoyed the story a lot, unlike most people, and even found the Calypso twins quite funny, even though the series is almost certainly never going to match Handsome Jack, a fact some people seem to be unable to accept, I think. 

As for the second death: I thought it was a really awesome scene, and I loved the entire ending sequence, honestly, and there were a lot of cool twists, epic fights, fun dungeons and the ending and last boss were really awesome. I also think the character could potentially come back, as it doesn't seem 100% clear they're dead, though it does seem fairly likely. The first death didn't effect me much, even though I thought it was a pretty cool scene, just because I never played that character before (I actually used both DLC characters in BL2.) The second one, if it's real, would hit me pretty hard, since that's the character I used for my second BL1 playthrough, when I did the DLC, but I'd be perfectly satisfied, honestly, because it was handled very well, imo.

I will say, though: I kinda hope if they bring back the character I played as in, future games, they end up doing their own thing and don't stay to help out the Crimson Raiders indefinitely. Otherwise, bad things will almost certainly happen to them........

Edited by DippoMagoo - 21 Sep 2019 at 9:03pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 11:37pm
Who did you play as, out of interest?

I haven't looked at the new skill trees too closely but I've been assuming I'd play Siren at first, like usual (cause let's stop beating around the bush over who I played as in BL1 and BL2 (though I did play as Gaige the first time in BL2, but I like Maya's gameplay better). 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 12:47am
I played as Amara, the Siren. She works different from past Siren's, in that she can be more melee based (which is how I use her), but she can still be focused on elemental damage, as well. I'm worried she might get killed off, if she ever reappears, because, well.......
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 7:27am
Just started the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Nostalgia is in overload but this version feels much more clunky than I recall the originals being (maybe I've just forgotten). Certainly feels more clunky than the Crash remasters. I might just need to get used to it again. 

I've played the first realm of the first game so far. The first was never my favourite but I'm intending to play them in order. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 5:41am
Found out this morning that in my hard drive failure a few months ago I lost almost all of my Fallout 4 saves. A big fuck you to Steam's cloud save which only downloaded my saves games dating back to 2016. So pissed off right now as I had some the best settlements I ever built on my last character. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 6:39am
Well Fallout 4 runs worse on Windows 10 than it did on Windows 7. 

I started replaying Fallout 3 instead now. Mind you, that was a pain in the arse to get to work. It fact Fallout 3 is actually unplayable on Windows 10. Crash, crash, crash, every two minutes. I had to merge the game into New Vegas to get it to run at all and even now it stutters like hell every time the game loads a new cell. 

Time has not been kind to this game engine. But at least it doesn't crash now. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:19am
Been replaying Skyrim but damn the more you play this game the more the AI just seems designed for meme creation.

Just wandered into a fight between an Imperial Legionnaire and a Stormcloak. Being with the Legion myself I stepped in and helped my comrade. Afterwards he placed a bounty for murder on me and promptly tried to arrest me. 
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 12:28pm
Did you ever realise that the true hero of Skyrim is the one who saves the Dragonborn from getting beheaded at the start of the game? Who was that again? Oh right...

Tell me I'm wrong!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 7:37am
Hero might be a stretch, but there is an irony in that Alduin certainly brings about his own doom with this simple act of rage.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:59pm
I finished the second Borderlands 3 DLC, last night. The first one was fairly typical, in that it was quite solid, but nothing special. The second one, though, felt more inspired than most, though part of that may be that I loved the overall theme and setting, as well as generally liking both Hammerlock and Wainwright. The new characters in it were pretty much all fantastic, as well, and the best part: It brought back an old vault haunter I like (Gaige) without actually killing her off! That one was quite the shock, LOL
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:03pm
I've been playing Heavy Rain recently. Old PS3 games have been going dirt cheap recently, so I grabbed a handful. I have always been interested in what it was all about, and I'm quite enjoying the interactive drama rather than just straight out gameplay. Loving the depth of the story, even if it is a bit dark.

I also recently completed the main story for Horizon Zero Dawn, and am playing through the DLC. Along the way I managed to Platinum it (my third platinum, after Skyrim and South Park: The Fractured But Whole). I loved the whole combat and crafting system they developed for HZD, although it gets a little unbalanced later in the game, because there seems to be an overabundance of resources. That's only a minor quibble.

I loved the depth of this story, and it's originality. There's nothing new about a post-apocalyptic setting, but the agent bringing about the apocalypse was a bit different. The mix of high tech and low tech was really good too. It's a quite amazing world the developers created there.

It was also refreshing to play as a female lead who was tough and smart, and didn't have enormous boobs, or scanty armour. It led me to tackle challenges by thinking about them a bit, instead of just bashing my way through brute force style as I would have with a tough guy male character.

It's definitely up there as one of my all time favourite games, along with Skyrim and the Grand Theft Auto series (I'm not picking just one of them!).
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:34pm
I've been playing a bit of Kenshi lately, it's punishing in a fun way

Anybody planning on getting the new mount and blade?

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Anybody planning on getting the new mount and blade?

Eventually but I don't plan to drop £32 on it when it's only an Early Access release. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:13pm
I've been playing through The Sly Collection on PS3, played all of them on the PS2 as a kid, and they're still a lot of fun. The stealth/platformer hybrid works so well, and it makes me wish there were more games like that. Stealth is such a hard thing to make entertaining and engaging, especially considering most games today just tack it on, instead of focusing on it and honing it to make it slightly fast-paced without sacrificing the certain amount of patience needed for it. That's what I love about the Sly games, you often have to be stealthy, but it never feels like an endless waiting game, it keeps things moving.

Anyone have recs for PS3 games? I don't have many right now, but I'd like to know if there's some fun games I'm missing. I tend to like old school shooters (Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein, stuff like that), action platformers? (Whatever the Ratchet and Clank games are), stealth platformers (If there are any besides Sly), arcade style racing games, and puzzle games the best.

Edited by Unitron - 01 Apr 2020 at 12:16pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:39pm
Recently started playing Morrowind again. I was actually on a Skyrim run and began to reinstall Morrowind just so it was there, but I've ended up playing it now. Love Skyrim, but Morrowind has a nostalgia quality that few games can match. And every time I go back to it the Tamriel Rebuilt mod has added even more of the mainland Morrowind and I've still got all that to enjoy on this save. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 94>
  Share Topic