Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 94>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:57pm
If you mean Crawmerax, then he's not supposed to be beatable on your own. He is the first of the 'raid bosses' featured in the series. I've never beat him, not even with my level 61 character on the original version switched back to Playthrough 1. 

There is a hidden level 61 midget 'boss' in T Bone Junction though which I did beat but it was a slog of a fight that lasted well over half an hour chipping away at it's health. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 3:23pm
Yeah, it was Crawmerax. My attacks were doing 0 damage LOL

I moved on from that DLC, and finished the New Robot Revolution pretty quickly, so now I'm about to move on to my Borderlands 2 re-play. Overall, I like the first game a lot, but the DLC was a bit mixed, with Secret Armory annoying me quite a bit, though the the other two were pretty cool, just not on the level of some of the best stuff in the second game, imo. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 9:17am
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 2:14pm
Some game called Outer Wilds has just announced Epic Store exclusivity and pissed off a lot of crowd funding backers. I've never even heard of this one to be honest. Just another one for the pile of games I now won't even bother to research. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:34pm
Decided to fire up Fallout 4 this evening. Lo and behold, the game performance has tanked in the months since I last played it for no apparent reason. 30-35FPS in areas which previously always had a solid 60. Angry

I'm actually worried about Elder Scrolls 6 because of how badly optimised Fallout 4 continues to be. Currently re-installing from scratch in hope that this fixes it. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 1:20pm
So, Epic is having their first sale this week, and unsurprisingly, it's turned into a total shitshow: https://www.destructoid.com/epic-games-store-s-first-sale-is-off-to-a-rocky-start-554005.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

To sum it up: They put some games on sale without asking the publishers for permission, which caused one publisher to actually increase the price of their game just to counter the sale amount, while Paradox had their upcoming game Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 (not an exclusive, thank god) removed from the store, because Epic was allowing people who spent $14 or more to get a $10 discount on more expensive games, even preorders, which would obviously hurt Paradox, plus it would tip the scales against other stores, obviously. Paradox will honor purchases that happened during the sale, though, which is cool, I guess (they seem to be in the right here, but Epic is scummy and incompetent, as always.)

Also, because the store has no shopping cart feature, people are reporting having their accounts locked due to "fraudulent behavior", after buying as few as four games in a row, LOL! 

And we thought Steam sales were bad.....
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 2:08pm
Anything that damages Epic's rep is a good thing IMO. Damn I'm mean. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:46pm
Cyberpunk 2077 is coming April 15, 2020, and can now be preordered on both GOG and Steam (as well as consoles, obviously.) So, no Epic Fail exclusive, thank god!

Oh, and it features Keanu Reeves. Seriously LOL

Edited by DippoMagoo - 09 Jun 2019 at 2:49pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming April 15, 2020, and can now be preordered on both GOG and Steam (as well as consoles, obviously.) So, no Epic Fail exclusive, thank god!

Oh, and it features Keanu Reeves. Seriously LOL

One word: Metro.

That said in many ways this is a no-brainer pre-order given who made it, but my PC is a few years old now and as there won't be anything close to a spec out for ages yet so it's just not worth even thinking about for the time being. I can't imagine that this won't be very demanding even on lower presets. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 5:11pm
CDPR have said numerous times they won't make it an Epic exclusive, so it would take something drastic for that to happen. I mean, never say never, but I really don't think it'll happen. 

And yeah, I'm honestly worried how badly my PS4 will run it. If I can get close to a stable 30FPS, I'll be happy, but considering Witcher 3 couldn't do that a lot of the time, and this looks much better than that, I'm not too optimistic. So, I can definitely understand being concerned about running it on an old PC. My brother says he plan on preordering it, but he may wait about a few months after it's out to play it, because that's when he plans on getting a new high quality gaming PC.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 12:50am
Well that's good to hear. And I forgot they publish their own games so there isn't some third party going to go into money grabbing mode like the Metro devs had. 

Apparently the E3 demo ran on a GTX 108-Ti card which is only a few up from what I have and the game isn't optimised yet, so I'm hopeful my 1070 will suffice. At least for newer games even the lower presets still look really good. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 12:58am
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:56am
Saw the Nintendo E3 thing and am quite stoked for what's coming to the Switch! We really need a new Metroid though...that franchise needs a HELL of a lot more love!!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 11:16am
Valve has as of today lost my respect. I will still mainly use Steam for games out of convenience, but their frankly disgusting rigging of the Summer Sale game has nullified any brand loyalty I may have had for them. Not that this means I'm any more enthralled by Epic than I ever have been, but they're starting to look more attractive because Valve is fucking up in a big way when they need to pulling their finger out.

Money is a factor, but I will actually be considering buying Borderlands 3 on Epic now for this day's work from Valve.

If anyone isn't clear on what I'm talking about, Valve released a Summer Sale Grand Prix game this year where users were able to pick their teams. Most users picked one team (out of a possible five), which resulted in that team winning the first two days of the sale. Three hundred users from the winning team get the top game from their wishlist for free. Places 2 and 3 also get their top game, but less users. I haven't personally won but being in this team, which was winning fair and square based on the rules Valve started the game with, I stood a good chance as the sale went on.

Today, day 3, in the last ten minutes, Valve openly nerfed the popular team so we went from leading our third race to coming in last, with some users reporting our icon visibly moving backwards in spite of the numbers still indicating that we should win. Valve rigged the game against us. Angry

Ergo Epic suddenly seems a little less the snake in the grass that they did as recently as yesterday. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:53pm
I'm starting to get really pissed off with The Witcher 3. Every time I think I have stabilised it on Windows 10, it goes and starts the bloody stuttering again. 

The weird thing now? I can sprint about Novigrad and Beauclair with a solid 60FPS (or higher if I set the monitor to 144Hz mode) and it won't stutter at all. In fact I've done extensively testing all around those maps and thought my game was stable again.

White Orchard though? Stutters more than Mattko. Angry Not in an unplayable way but with annoying little microstutters every few steps right from the point you start riding toward the village at the start of the game. It's not tied to total frame rate. Running higher than 60 still results in a stutter even though the FPS won't fall below 60. 

Before my Windows 7 hard drive death last week I had the game running smoothly easily 99% of the time at 60FPS except in a couple of problem areas where I'd lose a few frames without fail. 

This is so fucking annoying. Being forced onto Windows 10 feels like the worse thing that's ever happened to my gaming setup and I include two GPU death's in that. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:31am
So I have to wonder, am I only the Nintendo guy here? Just curious!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:34am
I used to be in previous console generations, at least for handheld. I had the Gameboy Colour and then the Advanced plus for console I was a late adopter of the Gamecube. I do also have a Wii which I bought second hand with a bunch of games but I don't play Wii games much because I find the control system beyond awful. I still hook up my Gamecube (or the Wii machine) at times to play a few old favourites like Zelda and Metroid. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 4:54pm
^Ah! Very nice.Thumbs Up
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 3:38pm
So I read the plot of Borderlands 3 since I don't especially care about plot spoilers in video games, especially one I'm having to wait for because of Epic Crap Store.

It made me want to not bother with the game at all. 

I'm sure the gameplay and humour will remain classic Borderlands, but the plot as I read it just pissed me off. I won't spoil exact details for others here, but as far as I can see the game doesn't feature every character you'd expect it to, kills off the Vault Hunters I personally previously played as and generally doesn't seem as in depth as expected for a game self-labelled as 'The Big One'. Of course I don't know how much is missing from the summary I read, but I think I'd be right pissed off if playing for full price. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:53am
I've seen one character death so far, and it was pretty sudden, but I actually thought it was pretty well done, so I wasn't upset about it. The game definitely hinted towards it happening in advance, tbh (since you presumable know already, I'll just say this particular one would have been your BL2 character.)

You make it sound like it's multiple characters, though, which if true, I hadn't known about a second character dying, yet, and knowing you, I think I know who else could die, so that one would piss me off, if true.

The game itself: I don't regret paying for both the game and season pass, but I do think it's a step down, at least from BL2. The actual gameplay loop is as fun as ever, the characters and their skill trees seem cool, and the new planets are great, plus I'm actually liking the plot so far, and the humor has been fun, as always. However, I always thought the boss fights were clearly designed for co-op, and balanced horribly for solo play, and that feeling is stronger than ever in this one, so it's driving me insane. That, and the new menu system is quite the mess, especially when trying to switch between menus. I am liking the game a lot overall, though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 94>
  Share Topic