Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 94>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 1:57am
Well I guess in a way it is publishers and developers who are the ones actually sticking the knife in, he's just handing it to them. Still, this back-stabbing of Steam sickens me. Many of these developers would not have such good PC fanbases if we still existed in the days of boxed copies that you had to stick the disc in the drive each time to play, like on a console, and most games were discovered by chance in brick and mortar stores, where you were lucky if they had a specific game you wanted in stock. I for one have discovered hell all games that I wouldn't have known about/given the time of day, just because they were on Steam. Likewise there's a lot of games that I probably wouldn't have bothered with, had Steam not made obtaining them so easy, as I didn't buy a fraction of the games I have since Steam before it took off, even though I had a reasonable PC for gaming back then. I have even re-brought games on Steam during sales just to have the convenience of not having to worry about physical discs. 

Steam made PC gaming evolve. Every developer who has ever released on Steam owes them something. So I don't take kindly to Epic steamrolling in and trying to kill it, which is why I will never buy from them. But likewise I will never be swayed into panic buying a title like Metro Exodus again (which I think is the weakest game in the series, to be honest). 

There's a rumour that Borderlands 3 will be Epic exclusive as well, which will suck even more than any of these other games combined for me. And perhaps more than any other franchise, Borderlands owes Steam for making me a fan of that series: I discovered it solely because of a free weekend for the first game: I'd never even heard of the franchise before that and I'm pretty sure Borderlands 2 was also out at the time. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:01am
In better news, Bethesda is now bringing it's new titles such as Rage 2 to Steam and ones that skipped Steam like Fallout 76 will now also be coming to the store. I'm not that interested in 76 as an MMO, but Rage 2 I'll probably pick up at some point. I enjoyed the first game - one I'm due a replay of. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 1:50pm
Well, Borderlands 3 has been announced and it looks like.... more Borderlands, which is obviously not a bad thing at all. Let's just hope the PC version isn't an Epic exclusive, but there's been no announcement either way, yet.

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 12:58pm
Because I'm so hyped for BL3, I've started a re-play of The Pre-Sequel! through the Handsome Collection, with plans on playing the BL1 remaster and re-playing BL2 sometime this summer, and I'm having a blast, as expected. I remember the Pre-Sequel! getting a lot of hate at the time and I never got it then, and still don't really get it now, because I find it just as funny as ever, and the combat and looting are obviously just as addictive as in any of the other games. Plus, it has one of my favorite gags during the mission where a Claptrap unit keeps trying to get you through an identity scanner using false identities and it doesn't work out, but you get to hear voiceovers of the fake characters and they're ridiculously over the top LOL

My only disappointment with the port, is that despite being an over 4.5 year old game, it's still pretty glitchy. I had to re-load one mission because an enemy was supposed to come through a gate that would allow me to progress, though the area, and it didn't happen, plus I now have a mission where I need to get crits so I can grab two human brains, and despite getting at least over 100 crits, it just isn't happening. So, it's clearly not the greatest port, despite running at a smooth 60FPS. The game itself is still awesome, though, and I'll finally do the Claptrap DLC this time, to see if I like that.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 01 Apr 2019 at 12:59pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 11:33am
I've played the Pre-Sequel the least out of the three games, but that's not because it's especially lesser, though it does have some really horrible fights, especially the final boss of the DLC which seems like it ought to be a raid boss rather than something you're supposed to be able to do playing on your own - I've never beaten the fucking thing legitimately. Just impossible. I eventually hacked my characters stats to have insanely high health/shields and damage output just to be able to see the ending. I just don't see how that boss is beatable otherwise since you've thrown into after defeating previous bosses so your ammo is low or empty by the time it appears and just to rub salt in the wound, it gets unavoidable shield regeneration periods. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 12:45pm
That sounds like a total nightmare Dead So far, I've found a couple late game sidequests that felt like they'd benefit more from multiplayer, and the Felicity Rampant boss fight for sure , because trying to manage everything solo is insane, but aside from that, it's definitely my easiest game in the series. The DLC sounds like it could be annoying, though. I'll give it a try, but I won't be too upset if I can't finish it, especially since I'm playing it on the Handsome Collection, which also gives me BL2 and it's insane amounts of DLC, including the HeadHunter packs, which I actually really liked. 

Sadly, BL3 sounds like it will be an Epic Fail Games exclusive, so you can forget about getting it for at least a year (though Randy Pitchford teased at it being six months, which I guess wouldn't be as bad.) It's still bullshit, though, and I really hate the fact these greedy assholes can get ahead just by buying out companies, so they can get ahead of the competition without even having to put any effort into making their store a viable option for consumers. If people were smarter, they'd all boycott that scum company and their scummy store, imo Angry
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 2:36pm
Guess we'll know tomorrow. I'm prepped for bad news, even though I wouldn't actually have got it on launch since my last launch experience wasn't so great in the end. But a few months down the line, sure, I'd have got it then. But not on Epic. I would not buy it on Epic even if it never released on Steam. 

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 2:40pm
Of course, the 'leak' about it being on Epic was posted yesterday, April Fool's Day. Fingers crossed that's all this was. Because back stabbing Steam is a terrible April Fool's Day prank. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 3:06am
I won't be getting Borderlands 3 if it's only on Epic and I won't be getting it on Steam in six months/one year either. If they're going to make me wait any length of time I'm just going to wait the long haul for a complete edition. The base price for GotY BL2 is £34.99 now (currently with 78% off on Steam) and I expect base game alone for BL3 is going to be at least £49.99. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 3:54am
I'll likely do the same to be honest. I may have stopped being pissed off with them by then.

PC gamers are currently living in dread every time a major game is upcoming of the words 'Epic Store Exclusive'. It is literally killing my enjoyment of the platform and starting to make consoles look like a viable option once again. The trouble there is that in my experience FPS games like Borderlands are clunky as hell when playing with a controller, at least they are when trying to use a PC controller on them. They just lack the precision of keyboard+mouse. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 7:12am
Epic Store exclusive confirmed. Fucking arseholes. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 7:56am
Change.org Petition has already appeared. Won't do any good because I don't think they'll be legally allowed to change their minds, but I've signed and I think others should as well, if only as well as showing our displeasure with these deals.

GG2U

MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 8:16am
Really wondering what the fuck is wrong with just putting it on both stores and others and letting the actual customers do the talking about where they want to buy their games. Exclusives just pressure people who want to support the actual developer by paying full at launch price to buy from one store. It removes the freedom of choice. So I'll exercise what freedom remains to me and withhold my money until they have a complete edition on Steam.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 8:45am
I read a comment somewhere (didn't verify the source) that Epic's better revenue split isn't given unless they sign on for an exclusivity period. I don't know how true that is or if someone was just shit-stirring but I really wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 9:05am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 9:11am
Different petition, gaining more traction. Signed both anyway. 

GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 9:30am
I'm not sure I''ll sign either petition, not because I disagree, because I certainly do, but it probably would be a bit hypocritical, since I do plan on getting it on my main platform at launch (PS4, of course.) Probably even getting the season pass, since it'll have four story DLC's, just like BL2. That is pure bullshit, though, and I definitely think people need to stop buying from Epic Fail Games, because if they end up getting the PC monopoly they clearly want, that would only be a terrible thing. Winning purely through buying out the competition is fucking bullshit Angry
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:50pm
In better Borderlands news, they've just released an enhanced edition of the original game which is free to owners of the original. Plus the other two have also received 4K support.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:53pm
Yeah, it's nice that owners of the original get the free upgrade. I never had the PC version, so I'll probably just get it on PS4 next month, when I have money for it. I get a free 4K patch for the Handsome Collection on PS4, but I don't have a 4K TV, so that would be useless to me LOL

And predictably, the other Borderlands games are getting review bombed, since the Epic Fail announcement. Can't say I blame people, but I think shitting on already existing, very good games, just to spite the publisher, is a bad move, personally. There's got to be a better way to protest the decision, like signing those petitions, for example. 

Edited by DippoMagoo - 03 Apr 2019 at 12:56pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 1:44pm
Indeed. We all know the petition won't succeed due to legal reasons as contracts will have been signed between 2K and Epic but we can at least make a show that we, the consumers, are not happy with the decision. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 94>
  Share Topic