Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 94>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 12:14pm
I'm actually kinda glad I'm waiting an extra year, unless we get it on console in the meantime. Pretty sure all of you playing it now have just been conned into being paying beta testers. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 4:25am
I've just completed Exodus. It was a good game overall in spite of some technical issues but I don't think it's completion time (approx 20 hours) really equates to a £50 title. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 3:05pm
On the Epic (Fail) Game Store front, my brother helped back a game called Phoenix Point through Kickstarter, and he got stabbed in the back. He was expecting to get a Steam copy when the game came out, because that's what he paid for, but the developer just announced that it will be an Epic (Fail) Game Store exclusive for a year. Backers WILL get a Steam copy, but apparently not until the fully year is up DeadNeedless to say, my brother asked for a refund, and thankfully he got it. That's still insanely scummy practice, though, to announce a change in platform for a Kickstarter game, that late, long after people already paid to have the game on a certain platform.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:17pm
While they honoured actual Steam pre-orders for Exodus, they also did the same thing for keys from other sources plus physical copy keys. 

The money behind Epic probably thinks they're being really clever by sniping year long exclusives (or permanent ones) away from Steam, but they must be dumb if they don't realise how much ill feeling they are creating for their brand so early in its lifetime. Same goes for the devs and publishers that take these deals. They're destroying their reputation. 

Epic store pretends to be the best thing to happen to PC gaming in years. It reality it could very well destroy it. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:50pm
Not heard of the game but yeah, another dick move in support of Epic. 

Basic fact with a lot of games/devs is that they made their names on Steam and would not have done so well without Steam and it's community. Now they are stabbing the platform in the back for a quick payout and a bigger take - which I do understand the latter but I wonder how many have really crunched the numbers on how many sales will be lost by jumping onto Epic's bandwagon? 
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 1:29pm
Apparently, they literally don't care. Here's a quote my brother showed me, that's basically "Ha ha, we already got your money to fund the game, now we don't you anymore, so fuck off!) https://preview.redd.it/h85ndar19vl21.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ba1610b4e43e94a50abc60040f48071dee534a1a
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 2:07pm
'They'd still be in the black.'

Outright confirming that Epic threw more cash at them than the total of their pre-orders. 

Scum. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 2:21pm
Yep, it sounds like all that crowdfunding money was a complete waste, and it wasn't even needed Angry

My brother has decided he won't even get the game when it's on Steam, not even during a sale. I agree with him, though I probably wouldn't have bought the game, anyway, because I suck at XCOM and the like, which it's supposed to be similar to.

In frustrating news for me, I was highly anticipating Judgment, a new game from the developers of Yakuza, but due to crazy Japanese laws and culture, sales of the game have been canceled, because one of the voice actors/face models for the game was arrested for....... Cocaine. That's it, seriously! Now, even if it gets a worldwide release, they'll likely have to recast the character first, because they'd need to change the look of the character if they don't want to be associated with that actor anymore, so it was scheduled to be released in late June, but I doubt that will happen, now. 

Basically, the gaming industry is going down the toilet in a hurry. At least Capcom is on a roll right now, and Sekiro, from the Dark Souls developer, is out next week and looks awesome. Otherwise, though, gaming is pretty much fucked, right now.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 13 Mar 2019 at 2:27pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 2:23pm
Hope they know that no one in their right mind will ever crowdfund them again.
GG2U

vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 8:12am
I just recently got a Nintendo switch and have been loving it.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 11:02am
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

I just recently got a Nintendo switch and have been loving it.

I'm jealous! 'Been wanting one for a while now.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 1:23pm
And the Epic (Fail) Games Store saga continues, in a big way. So, the issue is my brother wants nothing to do with them, because apparently they share your private data with people (which is fucked up) as well as just having questionable practices in general, but now a bunch of his hyped up games are getting scooped up by them as exclusives, including his most anticipated game The Outer Worlds, as well as The Sinking City and Control. Those are games I'm hyped up for as well, and I can get them on PS4, obviously, but I'm torn because I'd almost feel bad playing games he can't, because of this stupid exclusivity nonsense. Epic Games literally just killed his interest in gaming, I think Angry
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 1:32pm
I was eyeing on The Outer Worlds as well.

Congrats publisher/devs/whoever the fuck made this call, you just lost a sale. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 1:35pm
Also The Outer Worlds is another title that already had a Steam Store page. 

Fuck these developers. I actually feel some buyer's remorse over Exodus (no way worth £50 for length of time to complete it), so honestly any game that sells out to Epic Fail Store is one I may not ever purchase now, regardless if it comes to Steam eventually. 

Edited by adg211288 - 20 Mar 2019 at 1:36pm
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 1:44pm
Yeah, I think Epic is slowly killing PC gaming for my brother, because it's now at the point where every time a game looks interesting, he's afraid it'll become an Epic exclusive, and he wants nothing to do with them. I was never a big fan of exclusivity in general, but to now have different stores to pick from on one system, is outright ridiculous, imo, especially if one is so clearly better fit for players than anything else, which Steam obviously is. I can buy the games on PS4, obviously, but unless it's a case where I can't live without the game, I may try and avoid it until it goes on sale, just to strike back against the publisher in my own way. I haven't got Exodus yet, largely because of that, and will probably wait for it to drop until at least 40% off before getting it, even though I liked the Redux versions of the first two games a lot.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 1:53pm
Epic exclusivity is dumb. It's a store, not a platform. I've heard of certain stores sometimes having exclusive bonuses to add incentive to buy from them, but blocking sales of the game for a whole year on other stores for the same platform is beyond ridiculous. And is is the same platform, regardless of what launcher you have to use. I simply prefer Steam most of all because I like to have my games in one place where I can find them. 

This one doesn't affect me so badly as Exodus as I would have waited for The Outer Worlds anyway, since I've bought a couple of high priced new games recently, like Exodus (not worth it, wouldn't have paid more than £20 in hindsight, not £50. That's what panic buying gets me). 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 2:31pm
Well, one slight piece of good news for The Outer Worlds: It's apparently on the Windows 10 Store at launch as well, so my brother can get it without having to use Epic. That still sucks that he can't buy it from any of his favorite stores, though, which are Steam, GOG and Humble, I think.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 2:37pm
WTF? How does Win 10 Store still have it while Steam is left out in the cold?

Honestly this is worse now because it looks like they're actively trying to kill Steam rather than secure exclusive titles. It's not exclusive if they let Win 10 Store have it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased for your brother, but Win 10 isn't a lifeline for everyone. A lot of us still use Windows 7. 

I guess I've decided. No buy - probably ever unless it gets a really massive discount once they eventually deign to allow Steam users, their supporters for years, to buy it. Fuck em. Fuck the game too. They can enjoy their 88% of my £0.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 2:40pm
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 10:03pm
I think the Windows Store thing may be because Microsoft recently bought Obsidian, and so even though that particular game is being published by someone else, Microsoft is probably able to put it on their store. 

Also, I read an article where the Epic boss literally said developers will decide which store wins, and consumers don't matter. Fucking asshole! Consumers should rally against that bullshit and deliberately not buy from his store, if that's his attitude Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 94>
  Share Topic