Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 94>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 2:35pm
Yeah I think I recall you mentioning something way back when about performance issues on the PS4. It's always been playable on the PC's I have though, even on my old system. Though I didn't have Steam's actual FPS counter enabled when I first played the game, I didn't notice anything especially untoward at release except for frame drops in cutscenes, which I later discovered when down to Hairworks. On my current system I can turn Hairworks on and only lose a few frames in cutscenes and then not all of them, mainly ones where there are close-up shots of Geralt's hair. Sometimes there are drops (though not stutter's which is the real performance gripe in games) elsewhere though with it on, so I just leave it off. The graphics are more consistent that way anyway, since no NPC uses it, only Geralt. 

I do admit that I have to use quite a few tweaks to get my near flawless 60FPS performance though. One thing I do turn down to Low in the settings is the shadows. The difference in appearance is so minor and it can make a world of difference in some locations to the frame rate. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 12:06pm
Decided that if I do buy Far Cry 5 (or any game) in this Steam sale then I'm going to hold off to the last day to maximise the funds I've got in my Steam wallet from selling the card crap. Got over £15 now that I can put toward something as things stand. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 9:07am
Returning to the subject of The Witcher 3, it just proved for me again why it's the best game I've ever played: I've clocked 980 hours on it and I just discovered an alternate, albeit minor, route through the early quest Hunting a Witch that I'd missed through all prior playthroughs (earning a bonus 40 EXP for an Axii use in the process). It makes me wonder how many other things I've missed despite how much I've played it. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Decided that if I do buy Far Cry 5 (or any game) in this Steam sale then I'm going to hold off to the last day to maximise the funds I've got in my Steam wallet from selling the card crap. Got over £15 now that I can put toward something as things stand. 

Ultimately decided to wait. Makes this the first sale I haven't bought a single thing. I'll re-evaluate getting a new major title in the Xmas sale. Tomb Raider will be out by them and I'm coming out of this sale with £16.51 toward it in free money from Valve. Far Cry 5 may go lower in the next sale alternately, but I do want Tomb Raider more. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:27am
Free Steam Keys:

G0MI3-5GIRV-4DITQ
YDWVD-WJ894-3PH68

Don't have a clue what either contains; I got them in IndieGala's random giveaway but they won't activate on either my main or backup account due to already owning them. If you take and use them just tell me what they were in exchange to satisfy my curiosity. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:58am
I took them. The first code was for three games in a series called Zatwor, which looks like some ind of weird stealth/puzzle hybrid, and the other was a for a pixel art FPS called Dead Bits, which looks like it could be fun. I'll test them out later at some point.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:57am
Ah, I got those when they gave them away specifically. You're supposed to be able to get anything up to AAA titles in this daily random giveaway IndieGala is doing, but so far I've only got keys for stuff I already had plus something called Into the Void, which looks pretty bad given the Steam reviews. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:17am
Found some more keys that I was never able to use due to existing ownership. Again, no idea what any contains.

WPWF6-6PCIG-TJ5CN
ZP99E-WP5AF-TBCX0
Z5346-KG5M6-QV0TA
XAL8Q-982W7-QEAFZ
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:58am
Two more keys. Unknown contents. 

ZFR58-VYBWP-XX7M7

MJ08T-LB6HH-8T68X
GG2U

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 11:02am

game of the century
ColdReverie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 6:32am

Returning to the subject of The Witcher 3, it just proved for me again why it's the best game I've ever played: I've clocked 980 hours on it and I just discovered an alternate, albeit minor, route through the early quest Hunting a Witch that I'd missed through all prior playthroughs (earning a bonus 40 EXP for an Axii use in the process). It makes me wonder how many other things I've missed despite how much I've played it. 

Yes, yes, and yes x 1000. The Witcher 3 is without doubt my favourite game of all time for its fascinating world, great gameplay (no matter what people say about combat mechanics), and lovable characters. I was gutted when I finished Blood & Wine and had to come to terms with there no longer being any chance of seeing Geralt in a sequel to the game. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 6:44am
It's honestly ruined most other games for me. Still on my most recent playthrough, nearly another 100 hours later. Only just reached the Final Preparations stage after the battle at Kaer Morhen, though I'm doing Hearts of Stone at this point so I've cleared that map completely before heading back to Skellige and then rounding off with the Blood and Wine content. 

My biggest complaint about the game is that the devs missed a trick by opting not to release mod tools that were on the level of what Bethesda does for Elder Scrolls and Fallout. There are some decent mods I use as is, but I can only imagine the kind of things that would have been created with better tools. 
GG2U

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:02am
I know what you mean. I can't say the lack of high quality mod tools in The Witcher really affects me seeing as I play the game on PS4 (I know, I know, shun the heathen), so there were very few complaints to be had on my part excepting that it makes a worryingly large part of my other gaming experiences feel stale in contrast - and that's more of a compliment than a complaint. The only games to have come close to giving me the same thrill as The Witcher 3 are the Soulsborne games and more recently, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. 

The Battle of Kaer Morhen is a scene I often come back to either via YouTube or a save file I made after having recruited every possible member (save Letho, who mysteriously disappeared in the middle of his sidequest due to a glitch). Let me know what you think of it when you do it. 

How do you like Gwent by the way? I got so addicted to it that I bought the limited edition expansion packs with physical print-outs of the four main decks. Sadly, I have yet to find anyone who wants to play.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:29am
At first I did not like playing Gwent but as I learned the game more I started to really enjoy it. That said I've very little experience with any decks beyond the Northern Realms or Skellige. My Northern Realms deck after completion is pretty much unbeatable unless I get drawn a really crap hand. I have tried experimenting with the other three base decks a bit more, but I think NR is still objectively the most powerful since with it and a good hand I can load the opponent up on spies in the first round so tend to end up with extended hands by the time they pass. 
GG2U

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:55am
That's actually one of the main criticisms about the game: the fact that the Nilfgaard and Northern Realms decks are so much more powerful than the other two on account of the spy cards. I like to think that they did this deliberately so as to allow more casual gamers/people who don't like Gwent a chance to complete the side quest without trouble, but I think it's actually a flaw in the design. I have yet to check out the beta of the official Gwent game that they're developing to see if they've balanced the decks a little better, but I know that's one thing that threw a lot of people off the original game in the first place. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 11:50am
The trick with the other two decks is to have plenty of decoy cards in case spy cards get used against them. Of course in my Northern Realms deck I have both the spies and the decoys and often end up playing the same spy twice against an opponent who takes one of mine to their own hand. Both decks also have plenty of Muster cards, so can pull many extra cards from the deck that aren't in your actual hand. I have played games with these decks and won with them despite less familiarity, you just need to have a different strategy. 

Honestly the biggest thing against any of the other three base decks is that it takes ages to get enough cards to actually use them. It would have been better if the game gave you a starting deck for each set instead of just one. 

Regardless of deck, I rarely use special cards like weather (I keep two Biting Frost and that's it) or commander's horn. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:26pm
Free Steam sky for whoever uses it first.

038V0-MQC5P-MT292

Game is horror title Layers of Fear: https://store.steampowered.com/app/391720/Layers_of_Fear/
GG2U

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:26am

I have played games with these decks and won with them despite less familiarity, you just need to have a different strategy. 

That's true, and I think Monsters and Scoia'tael are there to offer a more interesting challenge for those who are keen on playing and developing strategies rather than winning by overkill. That's why I also rarely use the weather cards or CH in either the Northern Realms deck or Nilfgaard because you can virtually slaughter anything in your way regardless of weather afflictions. However, I find CH makes complete sense with the rallying power of the Monsters and Scoia'tael cards, and it's always good to have one or two Clear Skies cards just in case.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 4:38am
For the Northern Realms deck I use the Foltest leader that lets you clear all weather without the need for a card in your hand or deck. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 11:57am

Free Steam sky for whoever uses it first.

038V0-MQC5P-MT292

Game is horror title Layers of Fear: https://store.steampowered.com/app/391720/Layers_of_Fear/

I claimed it, thanks. I played it on PS4, but it glitched out on me at one part and I could never finish it, so hopefully this time I can actually play the whole thing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 94>
  Share Topic