Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 94>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:32pm
I'm crossing my fingers that them making it a standalone means they're using a different engine instead of the outdated one they forced on the base game. But given the current debacle with the beta patch (which I seem to be the only one affected by) I wouldn't bet on anything either. 

More Life is Strange can only be a good thing though I am concerned a prequel will be inherently less interesting because there's no justifiable way to include the time travel element, which is a big part of what made Life is Strange so great.

Metro: Exodus will be a essential purpose for me. I loved the first two games and the Redux definitely did some wonders to 2033 (though the PC version does have some issues last time I played). Last Light was always excellent, Redux or not. Man, now I want to revisit those games.

Steam sale is inbound in 10 days I believe. I've got my eye on a few titles but I don't want to go crazy with money this time: I've bought a lot of music lately which all adds up. There are a few titles I have my eye on if the price cut is right though.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 6:56pm
Just found out there's going to be a new Metroid coming out on the 3DS come September! PSYCHED!!Big smile
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 12:21pm
I've always avoided it before, but the Morrowind expansion to The Elder Scrolls Online is making me consider getting that game.

Or I might just reinstall the original. Anyone here ever play TESO and can recommend it (or not?).
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 4:33pm
Apparently Atari is working on a new console: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/17/e3-2017-atari-teases-new-game-console-called-ataribox

I'm surprised they're going back into making consoles seeing as their last console, the Jaguar, was a total failure. I am curious though, maybe it will be good.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 4:50am
Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

I've always avoided it before, but the Morrowind expansion to The Elder Scrolls Online is making me consider getting that game.

Or I might just reinstall the original. Anyone here ever play TESO and can recommend it (or not?).

I've been looking at it too, but I don't want to drop the £70 it would take to get the base Tamriel Unlimited plus DLC and Morrowind. I know you can get a cheaper version of Tamriel Unlimited but there doesn't seem to be an option on Steam to get the other DLC unless you go straight it for the Gold edition. To be honest I don't actually find the Steam store pages very clear on what you need to buy to have all content. I certainly don't want a 'pay forever' membership version. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:04am
Finally picked up TellTale's Walking Dead Michonne mini-series this morning. Haven't started it yet though.

Considering getting A New Frontier/Season 3 as well since it's gone to 50% off, but I'm not hearing such good reports of the new season compared to the first two seasons. Anyone here played any of it yet? 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:22am
^Without going into spoilers, let's just say they made some very controversial choices with that one that pissed a lot of fans off. I was a bit disappointed with a couple things, but in the long run it didn't bug me much, and I actually thought it was a better, more focused season than season 2 overall, though still not as good as the first one. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:13pm
Whether I get it or not I think I'll have to replay the first two first, just to refresh myself. I've only played the second season right through once, when I first had it. I still have saves tucked away but I don't actually remember what all my choices were now. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:28pm
The game actually has a system for allowing you to recreate your choices from previous seasons before you start playing, btw. Though it probably wouldn't hurt to re-play season 2 if you don't remember it well enough, which is what I did. Honestly, I wouldn't stress out too much over importing choices, because without spoiling, that's kinda the area that caused people to get pissed off. (Not the importing system, but rather how previous choices are implemented within season 3 itself.)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:34pm
Oh wait, let me guess, it's just the same as with the Witcher 3: they're basically meaningless.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:51pm
No, you definitely do get different scenes based on your choices. But that's really all I can say at this point, unless you specifically want to know what the problem is. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:09pm
Yeah, just tell me mate, before I drop cash on the game. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:18pm
Okay, so in case you don't remember, the big choice at the end of season 2 is who Clementine ends up with, or if she goes on her own. Well, from what I understand if you have her go on her own, you probably won't be effected too much. But if you her go with either Kenny or Jane, you'll see them die unceremoniously in a flashback in episode 1 of A New Frontier. That's the big thing that pissed people off, which I can kinda agree with, though in the long run I wasn't too annoyed. The other thing is, some were pissed off because while Clem is still a major character, she's not the main character this time, though I was fine with that. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:27pm
I see. I can see how that would piss people off. I don't know, maybe it was just too much effort on the devs part to have a long term decision affect the game like that. I knew from pre-release material that there were two playable characters this time and it's not like there isn't a precedent for the main character being different each game.

Think I'll take the plunge on it. May also finally get The Wolf Among Us as well, I know that one's supposed to be excellent. 

Right now of my sale purchases I've been playing The Cursed Forest. It's an early access title though so there are obviously issues in the game, including performance (oddly I get smoother performance on Ultra settings than on High), but I'm loving the atmosphere of the game so far. Going to play a bit more in a moment. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:32pm
Yeah, I eventually realized those two characters would have been really tough for Telltale to work into the season, just based on how it's set up. One thing I will say, though: Within the actual season, there actually are some pretty interesting choices, and at least to me it seemed better in that area than season 2, and some of their other games (cough, Game of Thrones, cough.) Just be wary of technical problems: I'm not sure if it's the same on PC, or if patches have fixed it, but on PS4 I was averaging two crashes per episode for the last three episodes.

The Wolf Among Us is probably my favorite Telltale game to date, so I'd definitely recommend it. I keep hoping they'll give it a second season, but it does work great as a stand alone (plus, apparently it's a prequel to a comic book, so maybe a second season would be hard to pull off.) 

Edited by DippoMagoo - 23 Jun 2017 at 1:34pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 1:40pm
Just finished what's available in Early Access for The Cursed Forest. Loved what's available so far. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 1:15pm
I grabbed Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning off the Steam sale, along with all its DLC. It's a game I remember playing years ago on the Xbox 360, but never could finish it because I managed to sequence break it in such a way that it was impossible to advance the plot any further, and I hadn't been keeping backup saves, so I was completely screwed. To make it even worse, that was like 65 hours into the game, so I think it was near the end, and at the time I only had the base game.

Playing it now on my laptop, though, reminds me of how much I was enjoying it before I ran into that game breaking bug, because it combines the kind of open world gameplay I like, where you have a big world to explore but there's tons of content and no empty spaces, as well it has the kind of action oriented combat I like, so it basically always did feel like a dream open world RPG for me. Of course, the fate of that developer is now infamous, but I think for a one and done game it was really good. It also runs at a perfectly stable 60 FPS on my laptop, and I've had no issues after 5 hours, which is always a relief. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 1:19pm
I picked that up in a past sale and clocked 14 hours in it, but for some reason began to lose interest at that point. I really can't remember why now, whether there was another game that hooked me in more or what, but I've never resumed my playthrough. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 4:58am
Just finished my replay of the first Telltale The Walking Dead season + 400 days. Now onto season two. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:12am
I've done the first three episodes of The Walking Dead: A New Frontier. I'm liking the game so far and my biggest issue is not the story itself but the length of each episode. It seems to me that they get noticeably shorter with every Telltale game released. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 94>
  Share Topic