Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 94>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 1:10pm
The masked guy was the first of those twists where it felt to me like they had no idea what to do with it going in, so they just randomly picked a name out of a hat and ran with it. I did like the scenes with him and it did work out well, but yeah, the initial reveal was pretty odd, to say the least. Though the one I really didn't like was how if you picked a certain episode 1 character for the final action sequence, you get this weird scene that pretty much reverses the plot twist of episode 1, which felt really silly to me. 

So, their Game of Thrones finale is coming November 17th, which means I'll likely put it off for a bit anyway, because I'll be playing a lot of Fallout 4 around that time.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 4:36pm
If you're talking about something that involves a lot of money, then I got that bit too. 

I'm looking forward to the Game of Thrones finale. I seem to have enjoyed the series more than you have. The only part about the game I really dislike is the graphics, which I think look pretty bad. Otherwise I've found it to be a well done and compelling season from Telltale. 

I shan't be getting Fallout 4 right away, for multiple reasons. One of them being money (I can't afford to shell out for a £40 game right now), but also because of who the developer is. I love Bethesda's games but their track record for bugs doesn't earn them a day one purchase from me. Fallout 4 does look like it's going to be awesome though, but I expect if I don't get it for either my birthday or Xmas (which are only a few days apart, so hopefully the game has seen some patching (because it will need patching) by then, then I'll buy it on Steam sometime after Xmas. Doubt such a new title will get any special discounts in the Steam sale (you never know though), but I don't mind paying full price considering how many hours I've got out of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I'm just hoping leaving it for a little longer will mean any serious bugs will have been sorted by then. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 12:40am
i bought an xbox one. this one

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 4:00pm
I splurged on Humble Capcom bundle. Been playing Resident Evil 4 HD out of it and liking it so far, except for the hellishly clunky controls. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 9:23am
I've only watched someone else playing Resident Evil 4 and that was the original version, on the Gamecube I think. I think it was hyped as one of the Gamecube's best games at the time. It looked good but I never bought it myself. I might get that bundle myself as it's a series I wouldn't mind exploring. What's so bad about the PC version controls?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 10:52am
Movement is quite sluggish for a start. The A and D keys instead of moving Leon left and right as is usual for a PC game instead rotate him on the spot, so you cannot side-step. Coupled with the mouse rotating the camera this can actually lead to some pretty awkward camera angles which isn't ideal in any combat situation, which by the way are pretty insane from the getgo in terms of the amount of enemies in a single encounter. You also cannot move and shoot at the same time, which is really the thing that makes large scale fights more difficult rather than the sheer amount of enemies. And for someone who stands still for every shot Leon really doesn't seem to be able to hold even a pistol very still. 

It still controls better than I remember the Gamecube version being though. I tried it by borrowing a friend's copy a few years back but the controls were so bad I didn't even beat the first chapter. I played through I think at least three yesterday and even killed that thing in the lake first try. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 3:59pm
So, my family had to change cable plans today and internet was included, so I went to set the wi-fi up on my PS4, and guess what? The Witcher 3 is downloading ANOTHER 17 gb update! Are you fucking kidding me? I love the game, but this is getting beyond ridiculous at this point.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 4:32pm
That's strange. On PC the game patched to 1.11 yesterday and it wasn't very big at all. Don't think it was even half a gb, let alone 17. Confused
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 5:31pm
The only good news is, I got to use it as a test for my new internet. My previous connection was good for my laptop but somehow struggled with the PSN servers, but the new connection has downloaded over 14 gb of that path in about 90 minutes, so it looks like I may finally not have to worry about PSN downloads taking forever again, which is great.

I saw you mentioned RE4. My thoughts on that game are weird: I enjoyed the game itself a lot, but I hate what it did to the genre in the long run, as most horror games for a while afterward ended up going in a more actiony direction to try and mimic it, and the old school style of survival horror I prefer never really returned (Frictional Games maybe comes the closest, but the lack of being able to fight back bothers me a bit.)

Edited by DippoMagoo - 23 Oct 2015 at 5:31pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 1:44am
Speaking of Wild Hunt, I've got near the end of my NG+ run now and have experienced several new scenes from patch 1.10 regarding Triss' romance path. Choosing Triss now feels like it's on equal footing with Yen. 

Oh and I also randomly wandered into a part of the Novigrad sewers I'd missed and found a quest I'd never seen before in over 450 hours played. I usually find a couple with each playthrough of the game. I love that about it. 

I'm almost to the stage of playing through Hearts of Stone again. I already did a couple of the side-quests but haven't started the DLC main quest yet. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 1:52am
Beat Wild Hunt on NG+ Death March and also managed to do the same on the Toad Prince and the Mage that follows. The Toad Prince was a funny fight this time because I was actually on the defensive then must have landed a hit on a weak spot which caused my silver sword to set it on fire (which apparently does work in this manner contrary to in-game dialogue suggesting it wouldn't). Quickly launched an Igni at the toad straight away and it's health was just decimated in seconds. Hopefully that is a legitimate way to beat it and not a glitch though. It somehow seems to be too good to be true. 

The mage was again the bigger pain in the arse though. Eventually got lucky but the thing I really struggle with in this fight is getting near enough to attack. He never stops attacking and teleporting! I even threw Dimeritium bombs at him which are supposed to suppress magic, but all I succeeding in doing was blocking my own Sign use and they don't even phase the mage for more than a second.  
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 2:39am
Just beat The Caretaker in Witcher 3 on Death March. Still a slog of a fight but I managed it in one try this time around. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 5:36am
Well my satisfaction of beating the Caretaker was short-lived as the next fight (Wraith from the Painting) is literally impossible on NG+ death march. I'm not exaggerating either: my level 67 Geralt can only deal about 400 - 500 per strike to it and as soon as you deal roughly half damage to just the first of the three health bars a boss in the game has, it starts regenerating as 3000+ HP a second until you strike the painting it's connected to, which can take one or two rolls to get to, by which time its either back on 100% HP or damn close to it. All Signs are useless as except Quen which isn't as useful in this fight as others as the thing doesn't seem to actually do much damage anyway. Fought it literally until my silver sword was at 0% condition and still did not get it's health down to even the second bar. If it chooses to connect to a painting furthest away from you it's literally back to square one in the fight.

Videos on YouTube of normal game death march make it look easy, but the player there was dealing much more massive chunks of damage per strike than I was. Might have been a different character build, or maybe it's just way overpowered in NG+ but either way, the Caretaker was a walk in the park by comparison. At least you can do something about his regeneration most of the time; the ghosts he summons are a pain, but he only seemed to be able to summon them twice when I beat him this morning - the wraith starts to regen every time it reaches just a small chunk of damage done.
GG2U

Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 5:47pm
I usually play on Story and Sword and haven't had any problems with the expansion. Death March sounds pretty rough.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 6:05pm
It isn't actually that hard so long as you know the game well. Quen will be your best friend. On the base game NG+ Death March is actually much easier due to having your gear and potions from the first run intact. I can kill way overleveled base game enemies on NG+ Death March no problem. Though admittedly I rely on Igni a lot. Superior Tawny Owl potion is a help too due to it never expiring at night, though it isn't so essential that I meditate all the daylight hours away. And remember to grab as much food as you can, as you won't heal during meditation. And check your Bestiary for enemy weakness and exploit them, including oils. 

The fight with the Wraith from the Painting though is ridiculous. There's no point even in any strategy because it's just impossible. The heal rate is just too insane to have any chance of success. IMO there should be a limited to how many times it can heal instead of infinite or a way to destroy the paintings so it can't heal at all.
GG2U

Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 11:58am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Though admittedly I rely on Igni a lot.

Let's face it, Igni is way overpowered. I'm seriously expecting a nerf as part of a patch at any time. I believe they already did so to Yrden.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 1:19pm
Yeah they did something to the slowdown effect of Yrden. Apparently if you could get your Sign Intensity high enough foes would freeze. I never had that happen, but the slowdown effect does seem noticeably weaker for me since 1.10. In fact I don't find it half as useful against the enemies I used to use it on the most now. 

I really wouldn't be shocked either if Igni got nerfed, but it would be a major blow to my playstyle. Although I actually find myself using Aard a lot more lately. I always underestimated it before but it's been really helpful on my NG+ death march run as knockdown allows me to one hit kill enemies. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 1:30pm
I am so pissed off right now.

Been playing Outlast on Insane mode. Insane mods basically means that I have to complete the game on the highest difficultly in one sitting (no saves permitted) with NO deaths. I was attempting this on the DLC Whistleblower this evening. I was doing quite well. I was quite near the end when the game crashes. Can you fucking believe it? This game has never crashes on me once before tonight and it picks my insane run to do it. Angry
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I am so pissed off right now.

Been playing Outlast on Insane mode. Insane mods basically means that I have to complete the game on the highest difficultly in one sitting (no saves permitted) with NO deaths. I was attempting this on the DLC Whistleblower this evening. I was doing quite well. I was quite near the end when the game crashes. Can you fucking believe it? This game has never crashes on me once before tonight and it picks my insane run to do it. Angry

Insane/Nightmare modes always really piss me off, they're always so difficult that they're unfair. You only need one play of Doom 1 or 2's Nightmare mode to see how unfair it is. My computer often crashes when I'm in the middle of a tough level.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 2:01am
Not having much luck with games lately it seems. Just rage quit on Resident Evil 4 due to bugs. There's this level with a minecart ride at the end of which you have to do a QTE...which doesn't work. No matter how quick I press the buttons (X + C then mash X) Leon always falls down into a pit and dies, sending me right back to the start of the minecart ride, which is also completely cut off from any saves points so I had to lose progress in order to take a break. Apparently the QTE doesn't work if the game is running at 60FPS. It needs to be at 30FPS. WTF!?! That's ridiculous for any game let alone a PC game remastered in 2014. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 94>
  Share Topic