Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 94>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 1:31pm
^ Yeah I choose Asher too, mostly because I like Rodrik's storyline more. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 1:06pm
On episode 5 of The Walking Dead...a good game so far but am really tempted to quit the series for good here. The game is good but it's also a broken piece of shit (Telltale seems to have learned a lot with their Borderlands and Game of Thrones games). I've lost all my decisions from episode 4, which has broken the storyline in episode 5. The game acts that episode 4 has not even been played (no stats link on the selection page). So if I want to finish the game without continuity errors I have to restart from episode 4. Fixes listed online for this issue do not work. I am super pissed right now. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 2:11pm
^ That sucks.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 10:43am
I replayed episode 4 this morning and fortunately it worked this time (I really would have been done with it if I'd hit the same bug twice). I finished the main game a little while ago. Damn the ending was so sad. I'm going through 400 Days now, then I'll start Season 2. Hopefully Season 2 isn't as buggy as Season 1. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 5:23pm
^I've heard of people having similar bugs with all of Telltale's stuff, so not to jinx it or anything, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if it happened again. For example, they actually had to patch the xbox one version of episode 2 of Game of Thrones, because a whole bunch of people complained that the choices shown in the "previously on" section were the exact opposite of what they actually did. Though tbh, it's never happened to me before. That would have sucked if you couldn't do episode 5, though, because it's probably my favorite Telltale episode I've played. 

Season 2 had the unique ability to make me not give a damn for pretty much any of the characters, so I ended up being very disappointed with it. The second episode showed promise, but after that I found it took a bad turn and never recovered.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 05 Sep 2015 at 5:26pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 6:37pm
Currently playing South Park: The Stick Of Truth. So funny (in a gross, South Park kind of way...) The only downer is it's the European version, so there's the odd thing censored out, like giving Randy Marsh both an anal probe and an abortion... I might not actually be missing too much there.LOL
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 6:46pm
^Yeah, I've heard about that. On the one hand, censorship always sucks imo, but on the other hand, I've heard funny things about how they handled it. Like, I saw a screenshot of one of the scenes where it had a description of what's supposed to happen, but it also said something like "You lose again, Europe", lol!
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 1:02am
The funny thing about it though is that censorship laws are pretty lax here in New Zealand, except for video games. There was talk of banning GTA:San Andreas after the rumours of the Hot Coffee hack, but it was a bit late by then. The Manhunt games and Postal have been banned here.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

^I've heard of people having similar bugs with all of Telltale's stuff, so not to jinx it or anything, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if it happened again. For example, they actually had to patch the xbox one version of episode 2 of Game of Thrones, because a whole bunch of people complained that the choices shown in the "previously on" section were the exact opposite of what they actually did. Though tbh, it's never happened to me before. That would have sucked if you couldn't do episode 5, though, because it's probably my favorite Telltale episode I've played. 

Season 2 had the unique ability to make me not give a damn for pretty much any of the characters, so I ended up being very disappointed with it. The second episode showed promise, but after that I found it took a bad turn and never recovered.

Sounds like what happened to me in ep 1.5. Didn't pick up on anything being wrong until on the roof with Kenny, Christa and Omid and Omid said I left Clem with him instead of taking her into Crawford. 

I played through episodes 1 & 2 of Season 2 of The Walking Dead today. The episodes seem somewhat shorter to me, which has been disappointing. It feels rushed, which me be why indeed I'm not feeling any attachment to the characters either (Clem and Kenny aside, since I already know them from Season 1). Honestly I felt worse about that damn dog that attacks Clem in ep 2.1 than any human character getting killed. A character dying really felt like it had more impact on the story in season 1, enough to make me wish there was some way to change certain deaths. Several episodes on and I still wish that there was some way to save Carley. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 6:21pm
^Yeah, I definitely had more regrets over the characters who died in season 1 than in season 2 as well. I find Telltale's episodes in general have gotten shorter after season 1 of The Walking Dead (The Wolf Among Us has even shorter episodes than season 2), and I think some of that may be because they're working on so many projects now, they don't have as much time to work on everything as they did before. Sometimes I really wish they would slow it down and work on one series at a time, so that way the episodes don't take as long, and the quality can be consistent again. Though the Borderlands series has had slightly longer episodes than anything else they've done recently, and I have been enjoying that one more, so who knows what's going on. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 11:26am
Finished Season 2 this morning. I enjoyed the season overall but I do wonder how they're going to really take it further with Season 3 in 2016, since there are multiple endings (in mine Kenny convinced Clem to take the Baby into Wellington and went off alone). I wonder of this means Clem's story is done? Unless they pull some really cheap stunt that devalues your choices in Season 2 by having the next game start the same way no matter what (like The Witcher 3) I don't see how they could follow a standard episodic format now if they continue with Clem. I'm wondering if Season 3 will be something like a soft reboot or something?

Probably going to replay both games and try different things before moving on to other stuff. 

Edited by adg211288 - 08 Sep 2015 at 1:48pm
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Probably going to replay both games and try different things before moving on to other stuff. 

Same wrong choices imported bug just knocked this on the head, this time in season 1, episode 2. Saved Duck in episode 1 and stood up to Larry later on, but Kenny is angry at Lee and says he put Duck in danger twice. WTF!
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 7:27pm
Unfortunately after a few hours of trying, the new Metal Gear Solid just isn't clicking for me. I had doubts going in, because I'm not big on open world stealth, but I had to give it a try due to how much I like that series, but after struggling for a few hours and getting little enjoyment out of it, I decided I had enough for now. 

I bought the two Metro Redux games on PSN for $7.50 each, so I will give 2033 a chance sometime soon. I've always been interested in that one, but when I tried the original version on the Xbox 360, the shooting controls were so bad I couldn't even get past one of the early tunnel encounters, so I'm hoping I like this new version more. II'll start on the easiest setting and see how that goes. Last Light always looked interesting as well, so I'm excited to finally have it.

I also got Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, which I mostly wanted for the improved frame rate, because on the 360, the framerate was so choppy it made the DLC's pretty much unplayable, so I'm hoping with this version I can finally experience the same exciting encounters everyone else has been talking about. 

But before I get to either of those, I'll be finishing up my Dragon Age Inquisition DLC. Jaws of Hakkon basically just felt like a decent new area with pretty much nothing to separate it from the main game, but so far The Descent has been interesting, and Trespasser looks cool.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 9:37am

Same wrong choices imported bug just knocked this on the head, this time in season 1, episode 2. Saved Duck in episode 1 and stood up to Larry later on, but Kenny is angry at Lee and says he put Duck in danger twice. WTF!

Managed to fix this only now the game will not save at all. Was just about to pick up my current episode 2 progress only to find that it is all gone. 

I don't think I've ever played such a broken game, to be honest. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 7:04am
I've mostly been playing my PS4 verion of Dark Souls II lately, which has been awesome, but today I started up a really cool new indie game on Steam called Undertale. It's a turn-based NES style RPG (though you have to move around to avoid enemy attacks, which can be very creative and hard to dodge at times) with an interesting catch: It's possible to go the entire game without killing a single enemy. Of course, you can still do the opposite, and apparently the game change dramatically based on how you play, so I'll get at least 2-3 playthroughs out of it. Right now I'm doing the former, and it's been tough, but very satisfying. It's also equal parts hilarious and emotional at times, and the dialogue is fantastic, as is the soundtrack. It's honestly the most enjoyable turn-based RPG I've played in years. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 1:26am
I've been playing a fair bit of The Long Dark again. Being an early access game plenty has changed since I last played it and they also added a fourth main region to explore as well, which turned out smaller than I was hoping but did have a couple of cool locations. Clocked 57 hours on this game now, so I'm pretty happy that I took a chance on it when I did. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 7:29am
I started SOMA last night. It's been really good so far. Definitely more slow paced and deliberate than The Dark Descent, but already scarier and more tense than A Machine For Pigs (which I actually liked, but nowhere near as much as the original.) It also seems to have a better plot than either game, and it seems to be getting more interesting as it goes along. Definitely one of the better horror games I've played recently, though it has a more sci-fi feel to it compared to the Amnesia games. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 8:48am
I still need to finish A Machine for Pigs. It never managed to grab me last time I tried. Will probably start it over at some point now. SOMA looks great though. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 7:22am
Just beat SOMA. Easily the best horror-ish game I've played or seen playthroughs of since the first Amnesia, though one thing to know going in so you're not disappointed or don't feel misled: It's very much a Sci-Fi story, more so than it is a horror story, though I did get scared a couple times.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 27 Sep 2015 at 7:23am
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 3:06pm
Witcher 3's Hearts of Stone is out on Monday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 94>
  Share Topic