Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 94>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 5:20pm
I finally beat this game for my PSP earlier today:

Killzone: Liberation (2006)

This is honestly one of the most frustrating shooters I've ever played (even on the easy setting, I died dozens of times), but it is undoubtedly a good game. If you're good at shooting games, I'd recommend this one, though casual fans of the genre can pass.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 6:30pm
probably because shooters for psp are terrible

learn to analog stick sony
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 9:03pm
^ The controls actually worked fine - it was from an isometric view, and I didn't encounter too many control issues (though two analog sticks would've definitely been nice). The main issue was just that the difficulty was downright sadistic. LOL I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10; a really good game plagued by frustrating difficulty and linear level design.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 11:25am
i have been playing this

k

and god of war 2 on this

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 8:53pm

I just saw this was available now on PSN.  I've played it a long-ass time ago on my cousin's Gamecube.  I'm actually thinking of spending the $10 to play it again for old times sake.  I'll probably mute the voices though.  Voice acting in modern Sonic games blows.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 1:50am
Started a new character on Fallout New Vegas yesterday. Honestly going to ignore the main quest after a point, and just look for side quests. I'm sure there's still many I missed before (in fact, I already found one). 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 9:07pm
I'm pretty much of a MMORPG guy. Have played most of them (yeah yeah, WoW was the big one, played for 4 years, not anymore).

In the last months I've been playing Allods and LOTRO and Magic Online (2013 version).

But the big discovery was Torchlight 2, what a great game!

I was about to try Guild Wars 2, but I'm moving in a few weeks and I don't know when I'll be able to buy a new gaming pc, so I didnt bought  Cry
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 5:44pm
I keep forgetting to post this, but I beat this game about two weeks ago:

Medal of Honor: Heroes (2006)

It was a good PSP first-person shooter for sure, but the controls were a bit awkward and the campaign is EXTREMELY short. I beat the entire campaign in under 90 minutes. Ermm Definitely not worth paying full price for, but if you can get it for $5 like I did, it's worth it. A quality entry in the MOH series for sure in spite of its brevity.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 5:46pm
...and I'm also going to try to finally beat L.A. Noire (2011) this weekend. I haven't had any time to play video games lately, but now that cross country season is over, I should have more time for gaming again! Big smile
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 5:02pm
I beat L.A. Noire (2011) earlier today and was blown away by the ending. The cinematography, voice acting, and dialogue are absolutely superb, and I felt like I was playing in a real 1940's crime drama through the entire thing. I wish it had a little bit more diversity and action, but this is still an excellent game. If you haven't played it and have any appreciation for film, you should love this one. Thumbs Up

I also started playing this game today... I'd imagine all the regulars in this thread have probably heard of it...

Super Mario 64 (1996)

This was one of my favorites as a little kid, but I never was able to beat it. I got stuck at around 20 stars I think (I was probably only eight at the time), so I have the intention of revisiting the game to beat it. I have fourteen stars right now, and it's an absolute blast. It's no wonder this is considered such a timeless classic!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 11:17pm
I'm finally playing Mass Effect 3

I'm glad there are more guns than 2 had.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 7:13pm

I used to spend waaaaay too much time playing this.

And if I ever find my copy of Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth in my pigsty of  a room, I'm not coming out for at least two weeks.

Edited by Diogenes - 30 Oct 2012 at 7:14pm
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 4:47pm
I grabbed a copy of Double Dragon for my NES.

Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 5:14pm
The Warriors...maybe the only really good thing that came to Ps2.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Doomster Doomster wrote:

The Warriors...maybe the only really good thing that came to Ps2.

Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank don't do it for you?
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 2:36pm

Been playing this starting yesterday.  I had no idea how fun hacking apart orks is, especially getting charged by a Nob and shoving my chainsword down his throat.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 7:23pm
Question for the Skyrim players, is the environment in the game a lot less bland than in Oblivion?  I might pick up the game after the semester ends and go frolicking about as a female wood elf archer or male Ork Warrior if I can't do jack shit with a fragile unit like an elf and feel like going around with a large weapon going "WAAAGH!  DIS GAME NEEDZ MORE DAKKA!!"
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:10pm
Getting into the original Final Fantasy for NES.  Played a few, but never this one.  I'd actually bought it about a half a year ago, but never made the time for it.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Question for the Skyrim players, is the environment in the game a lot less bland than in Oblivion?  I might pick up the game after the semester ends and go frolicking about as a female wood elf archer or male Ork Warrior if I can't do jack shit with a fragile unit like an elf and feel like going around with a large weapon going "WAAAGH!  DIS GAME NEEDZ MORE DAKKA!!"

Get it for PC and install lots of cosmetic mods
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 4:50am
Skyrim's default environment is a lot better than Oblivion's was. But there are many mods which will enhance it even further. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 94>
  Share Topic