Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 11:16am
I remember loving ME1+ME2, but hating ME3, largely because of the unbelievably bad ending, but even before that point, it wasn't clicking for me. I'll give it a second chance next year, when the remastered collection is out. I'm  a bit nervous about all these horror stories I'm hearing about the first game, and that it won't hold up well, but considering I've played it at least three times before and loved it every time, I'm guessing I'll still like it fine enough. ME2 I'm 100% confident in, and ME3 I'm hoping grows on me, but I guess we'll see. I liked Andromeda quite a bit, but I'm guessing it will be completely retconned, and the next game will pretend it never existed.

Meanwhile, Steam is completely broken: The search engine isn't working, and just about everything in my wishlist shows up as "Unitialized". You can probably guess what's going on LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 12:31pm
It's Steam sale day. LOL

I remember there was one major sale when it worked. Then it didn't again the next time around.

Honestly it's not worth looking until at least a few hours later, if not the next day. It's not like they do short term better deals on games anymore. 

I must not buy anything anyway. 

About ME1: It's still a great game. Actually on PC I've modded it for the first time so I've got better textures and bug fixes as well as FemShep that looks like the official FemShep of ME3. 

Where ME1 will suck is that if in the remaster they don't remake the aspects of it that were poor to bring it up to the level of ME2 & 3. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 1:53am
I just either sold or put up for sale my entire marketable Steam inventory.

All digital crap that ultimately holds zero value in the real world.

Except now I have over £65 in my Steam wallet and that's still going up. 

That would more than pay for Cyberpunk if I was of a mind to buy it right now, which from reports it's not worth the hassle at this time. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 7:22pm
FINALLY beat RE5! Wesker was a bitch to beat!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 3:15am
I now have over £75 in my Steam wallet just from selling inventory items. 

Really begs the question of why I didn't do this sooner. 

I just wish it could be used outside of Steam, since having watched the two films I'm literally drooling over the boxset for TV series Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex on blu-ray, but since it can't I may end up picking up a few games after all. Question is what. I've started to look at The Outer Worlds again but I'm really not sure. It may get a deeper discount in the future (it's 50% off @ £24.99) and I'm still annoyed over the Epic Store sellout. Same goes for Borderlands 3, doubly so even as I had the story for that game spoiled for me and it pissed me off so much that for now I'm actually content to pretend that the series ended with Borderlands 2/Pre-Sequel.

Or I could just take the plunge on Cyberpunk 2077, but that looks like it could be a lot of stress I don't really want just to get it running. Logic dictates its safer to hold the money in reserve and see how its reputation changes. It's easily the game that most excites me right now but just about every warning bell is going off in my head. 

I've also been looking at Control, but I'm wary as I quickly lost interest in Remedy's last game Quantum Break. 

Anyone got any recommendations for me? Or can convince me on The Outer Worlds? Looking to spend around £25 (or more depending on how much more inventory I can sell), leaving £50 in reserve for Cyberpunk when I do decide it's time to buy. May stretch to a bit less in reserve on the assumption of Cyberpunk may be getting a small discount by the next major sale (especially with CD project RED's reputation in tatters). 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 7:42am
Picked up a few things:

DLC for Metro Exodus, deeply discounted unlike the base game.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst, as I remember enjoying the original game years ago

And Inside, from the dev of Limbo, a game I've enjoyed more than once.

What else I buy still depends on how much credit I get in my wallet from selling inventory. I'd passed £80 just before buying this lot totally about £15 of it. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 4:14am
That kind of money's ridiculous for that kind of stuff. Shocked
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 4:28am
I'm not complaining. I already made about a third of what I spent back through more market sales with several hundred items still not sold. 

£71.06 currently sitting there to play with. 

I already played through one of the Metro Exodus DLC's (The Two Colonels), which was pretty solid. 

I've also had a bit of time on Mirror's Edge Catalyst which so far seems an improvement on the first game. I don't remember much about the first one to be honest but this seems a lot of fun. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 3:02pm
Just picked up Far Cry 4. I've neglected to get this one for years. I managed to skip over straight to number 5. I liked both that and 3 (except for Jason Brody who must be the most unlikable player character in any game ever made). 

Also reminded me that I never finished New Dawn. That was the game I was playing during the big hard drive death of 2019. I really must finish that. I don't think it was as good as the base game due to some poor writing decisions but the gameplay was as solid as ever. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 5:47am
I ended up getting The Outer Worlds in the end and so far I don't regret it. The game feels like elements of Fallout: New Vegas, Bioshock, Mass Effect and Borderlands all rolled into one. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 7:43am
The Borderlands movie has cast Kevin Hart as Roland.

hmm...I don't know about this one. My first reaction is that this is a major miscast, unless he's playing against type. 

They've already revealed Cate Blanchett as Lilith as well, which also raises eyebrows. Don't mean to sound ageist but why are the casting a 52 year old actress as a character who is supposed to be 27?
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 11:38pm
Yeah, I honestly wasn't thrilled when I heard about a live action Borderlands movie in general ( the super cartoony art style is a huge part of the charm, imo), but Kevin Hart being in it just makes me even less interested, because whenever I see him appear in trailers or on shows I watch with my Mom, I find him annoying as fuck. And yeah, Lilith as a 52 year old is Ermm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 1:45am
It seems likely they're going to make Lilith a more experienced, mystical figure, by making her older. 

I like that they're making her the protagonist the film though, since she was always my character in Borderlands. 

I shudder to think who they're going to cast as Brick and Mordecai. Brick needs to be a big dude so I really wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Dwayne Johnson. 

I don't have much expectation of this movie, regardless of who they cast though. Video game movies, in general, don't exactly have a good track record. They really fucked up the last Tomb Raider. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 4:32am
May 15th for the Mass Effect remaster.

Unsure at this point whether I want to save what Steam credit I have left for that (I have some the same improvements on ME1 already from mods) or keep it set aside for Cyberpunk as planned. Not heard much about that game lately and what I have hasn't been very positive. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 1:31pm
Jack Black is Claptrap, apparently. That's the first casting so far, I actually think could really work well, tbh.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 2:08pm
Now that actually makes sense!

Jamie Lee Curtis is Tannis, I saw sometime in the last few days. Also a bit older than expected but I can sort of see that one working. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:18pm
Enjoying the hell out of Crash N. Sanity Trilogy for the Switch. I already have it for Steam but I don't think my computer can handle it otherwise I wouldn't have had so many awkward deaths(whereas I'm doing fine w/ this version). As per usual the gems are a BITCH to get!!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 1:17am
^ Crash games resulted in many rage quits back on the PS1 for me. The PC remake versions not much better.

I have never completed Crash 1 to this day. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:20am
^Yeah a lot of the levels can certainly be a doozy! I managed to get all 42 gems on the seccond game once and holy SHIT that was a thing!!Wacko

Edited by Psydye - 05 Mar 2021 at 2:20am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 3:15am
My best save was always for the third one. I think I probably did have a complete or near complete one for 2, but I can't fully remember. Number 3 was always my most played.

I know I completed Crash Team Racing as well, even though I generally didn't get on with racing games. It seems odd to me that they've not released the remake of that on PC. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394>
  Share Topic