Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 94>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 12:10pm
I may have to pick up the Sonic games on Steam then, because the Gamecube versions can't save except for Sonic 3/Sonic 3 & Knuckles. 

I don't think you can do Knuckles in Sonic 2 on Steam normally because someone put up a workshop file for it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674614944
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 1:04pm
I think my Sonic skills are just a little bit off right now: Played without saving and got a game over on act 2 of the Marble Zone Dead Even back on the Genesis I`d usually at least get to the Labyrinth. May need to resort to save scumming (that's how I beat the game on my PS2 compilation.)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 2:26am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

I think my Sonic skills are just a little bit off right now: Played without saving and got a game over on act 2 of the Marble Zone Dead Even back on the Genesis I`d usually at least get to the Labyrinth. May need to resort to save scumming (that's how I beat the game on my PS2 compilation.)

My first Sonic was actually the Master System version of the first game, which was basically a completely different game. I eventually had both versions and I hated the Labyrinth Zone on both. That was usually where my game ended. I did progress past it on some rare occasions but I was never able to actually beat either game in full. I tend to attribute that to the lack of a save system back then, or maybe games were just harder in those days. 
GG2U

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 5:52am
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

How come valve doesn't make a portal 3 or half life 3?
Because Valve we used to know is no more. It used to be a place for creative people, now it's a place for greedy motherfuckers. Thanks Gaben. Also, Steam sucks.

Does anybody here play the new Doom? 
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 12:14am
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

I've played it at a friend's house, I haven't bought it yet though. I've been waiting for a price-drop and it's hard for me to save money with so much good music out there.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

I've played it at a friend's house, I haven't bought it yet though. I've been waiting for a price-drop and it's hard for me to save money with so much good music out there.

I hate that it's bound to Steam like all recent Bethesda-published games, I hate that it's over 60 gigs (sic!) with the new OBLIGATORY update included (which doesn't add anything to the SP campaign, but hell, you can't miss this sweet MP content, right? yeah, you can't, literally.)... but otherwise it's a hellishly good shooter. I love it even more than I expected. Sweet controls, nice mechanics, nice lore, nice level design. The engine is a little hobbly, has problems with audio and loading textures, but again, otherwise, sweet yet uneven, graphics. And since you mentioned music, the OST is outstanding as well. 
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 11:39am
I finished Megadimension Neptunia VII and liked it so much that I decided to try the remake of the first game in that series on Steam. I didn't think my laptop would be able to run it at all, but it's been managing a rate of around 15-20 FPS, which is perectly playable for a turn-based RPG (it's a little sluggish during the exploration, but not too bad, and combat feels just fine.) Right now I'm alternating between that and Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, and both games have been pretty good so far.

Last night I played the first episode of Telltale's Batman series. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I have to say the episode delivered big time. It's a lot more focused on the Bruce Wayne side than any other Batman games have been, which shouldn't be a surprise, and one choice I made early feels like it could really come back to bite me later on. I also like how it includes some detective work, as well as one sequence where you get to plan things out and then watch the plan unfold right after, and it felt awesome to pull off, even it was largely scripted. They certainly did a great job of introducing the different elements of the series in one episode, so hopefully the rest of the series can live up to this, and hopefully the more unique features don't randomly get dropped along the way.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 2:31pm
Doom's done ;) I finished it yesterday right before going to work, thought it was just another boss fight but no, it was the end! Played on Ultra-violence difficulty which by the end of the game gets quite fucking intense. Gameplay-wise, this is one of the most frantic shooters I have ever played. This ending though... it's pretty obvious a sequel's on the way.
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 10:32pm
How many of you guys here play games on older consoles (sixth gen or older)? I've got a ps2, ps1, Xbox, dreamcast, n64, and a nes.

Trying to beat Mischief Makers on the n64, Silent Hill 4 on the Xbox (though I'm actually playing it on the X360), and Hydlide on the nes right now.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

How many of you guys here play games on older consoles (sixth gen or older)? I've got a ps2, ps1, Xbox, dreamcast, n64, and a nes.

Trying to beat Mischief Makers on the n64, Silent Hill 4 on the Xbox (though I'm actually playing it on the X360), and Hydlide on the nes right now.

You mean discount Zelda? Wink

All kidding aside, most of the games I play are older. Other then PC gaming, I own a Ps2 and a SNES. I've been playing through Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal on ps2, as well as Wipeout 3 on ps1. 
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 2:32pm
Ha, yeah. It's no Zelda but I'm actually somewhat enjoying it. It's not as bad as people make it seem, or I just have a high tolerance for bad rpgs.
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 3:33pm
Hylide isn't really that bad of a game. At least the first one isn't. I can't say much about the second and third installations.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

Ha, yeah. It's no Zelda but I'm actually somewhat enjoying it. It's not as bad as people make it seem, or I just have a high tolerance for bad rpgs.

To be honest, I've never played it, but it doesn't look fun from reviews I've seen. Tongue
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 12:14pm
Well it shouldn't be long now until we get the last bit of Fallout 4 DLC.

I, in the meantime, have discovered that it's possible to break all story continuity in the base game in a pretty easy way: Be hostile to Father when you first go to the Institute. Get kicked out before you even really get in. Then destroy them with the Minutemen. 

Seems like the best ending at first since it allows you to keep the Brotherhood and the Railroad alive, but boy oh boy it's clear that Bethesda didn't really plan for anyone to do this and both factions keep reference events that happen on their path in the main quest but didn't on this save. In the Railroad Desdemona was talking about the loss of Glory, even though Glory is walking around alive and kicking in the same room. In the Brotherhood Hallen thanked me for sparing Danse and even going to visit him in the bunker, even though the truth about Danse never came out in this save and he's still aboard the Prywen none the wiser (same as everyone else). P.A.M. in the Railroad wants to start a war with the Brotherhood even though there isn't any hostility towards then at this point. 

People bemoaned the lesser RPG elements in this game but I've come to the conclusion that isn't even the real problem with it. It's like each quest line exists only in its own self-contained little universe and has no way of interacting at all with the larger world (whereas in Witcher 3 it remembers everything relevant to the current dialogue with the only really major slip-up being in Blood and Wine where Geralt discusses how the base game ended even if it hasn't happened yet). I can leave that Vault and go off straight away to a place with Ghouls, but I still won't know what a Ghoul is in early dialogue's with Preston. I can start a settlement and plant 1000 tato's but I still won't know what a tato is during a conversation with Blake Abernathy...yet I can talk about events that didn't even happen on a certain save. 

Mental. 
GG2U

Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 11:11pm
Beat Hydlide. Last boss is a bitch, it was harder to get the damn skeletons to walk around the grave in the bottom screen than to run to the top screen, use flash, touch the boss for a second and quickly run back down, while avoiding the respawned enemies, to the bottom screen. I died more times in the bottom screen trying to get them to walk around the grave than I died trying to kill the boss. 

Even though it's obtuse in just about every way possible that a game can be, it did originally come out in 1984, and it was pretty innovative. It's one of the first action rpgs ever, one of the first games to use a quick save system, and probably the first game ever to have regenerative health instead of needing some form of a healing item (as far as any sort of action related games go), and how many games use regenerative health now-a-days? Quite a few. How many games can you think of back in the 80's and 90's that had regenerative health? Not many. The main problem imo is that this was released in 1989 in North America. No one would even dare to consider porting a six year old Japanese only computer game to the Xbox One or PS4 virtually unchanged now, but porting old computer games to current consoles was a fairly common thing to do back then. It's really more the fault of FCI for releasing it in NA six years after it came out that the game is considered one of the worst on the nes, than it actually being a truly bad game. It's worth a play for anyone who genuinely likes oldschool rpgs, as long as you don't expect all that much from itTongue.

Edited by Sheavy - 12 Aug 2016 at 11:12pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 1:32pm

I've been disappointed with the DLC for Fallout 4, aside from Far Harbor, but this trailer is absolutely hilarious! Hopefully the actual content will deliver. Oh, and it's out in two weeks from tomorrow. I won't be playing it right away because I'll be playing the new Deus Ex first, but I will get to it shortly after that.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 15 Aug 2016 at 1:36pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 3:41pm
Yeah the DLC overall has been sub par. They set a high standard with Fallout 3 which New Vegas lived up to, so this has mostly been a disaster. My views so far are that Automaton was okay since it had an actual questline, Far Harbor was good, Vault Tec was crap and the other two packs were neither here nor there as much of the stuff in them modders had already done. I do use a fair few things from Contraptions in my current settlements though such as the ammo press. 

While I'm still building a massive settlement in Fallout 4 on the Starlight Drive-in site, I've gone back to the Witcher 3 and started from scratch with the intent to play though the whole thing in order: base game (Velen, Norvigrad, Skellige in order), Hearts of Stone and finally Blood and Wine (which believe it or not I've only played once so far). 

I want to get that new Deus Ex but it will be some time before I can. The last one was excellent so I'm hoping this lives up to it. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 1:25pm
I hated the Vault-Tec DLC. Hopefully the DLC run ends on a high with Nuka World.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 11:32am
Enderal, the total conversion mod for Skyrim, has now been released in English. It's a sequel to the Oblivion total conversion mod Nehrim which I played a lot of a few years ago and actually ended up enjoying more than the base Oblivion game, even though all the audio was in German. Enderal has English audio though and so far its been pretty good though performance has been rather choppy on the FPS even on my GTX 970/i7 6700k rig... but base Skyrim has dips as well so it's probably not the Enderal devs fault. 

Anyway, recommended if you own Skyrim on PC. One thing to note though is that because this is not a Steam mod (I really wish they could get their games on there as others have done) is that it will overwrite Skyrim will installed, so you have to have one or the other...though this may cease to be a problem once the updated Skyrim is out as I think that will use a new install and if I recall correctly anyone who already owns it and all DLC on PC is entitled to a free copy. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 4:47pm
I liked Nehrim even though it was all in German. I'll be sure to try Enderal as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 94>
  Share Topic