The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 94>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:55pm
I did have Alex's voice go a bit robotic at the end and she looped, but me and my brother just figured she had become a ghost and that was the ending, and everyone else made it off the island. I don't think I got "Continue Timeline" in the menu, either. I may have to check at some point.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:46pm
Yeah and during the end monologue when Alex said what happened to everyone the time loop glitch happened and her tone completely changed and started talking about going to the island for the party. 

Seems you did something that I didn't to escape it then. Not sure what as I'd thought I'd done all the kinds of optional stuff that you need to usually do in games to unlock the good endings (found all letters and anomalies for example). 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:42pm
Weird. I had something like that happen during the game, but certainly not at the end, and I never got returned to the menu until after the credits.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:36pm
Well for me one of the last dialogue choices was Alex saying to Ren that he'd already said something. Then the distortion that symbolises a loop started and the main menu changed to Continue Timeline. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:22pm
Not entirely. Its hard to explain without spoiling it, but they definitely left the island in my ending, and then some weird stuff happened just before the credits, but I got the impression it only happened to Alex and not everyone else.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 29 Jun 2016 at 12:24pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:15pm
So yours didn't end with them all back right where they started going to the island in the first place? 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:12pm
Yeah, that's not how mine went. I actually forgot I didn't save Clarissa, so my wasn't the best ending for sure, but..... Something else happened that made it a really good ending anyway, and it appears it didn't happen for you.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:02pm
Well my ending was good (Alex bonded with Jonas, Ren and Nona dating, Clarissa saved) so long as you didn't count that they were still stuck in a time loop. Wink
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:00pm
Huh, that's weird. My ending sure felt like a real ending, and it felt like one of the good endings, if not the best ending.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 29 Jun 2016 at 12:00pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 2:24am
Just finished Oxenfree but I may do a second run straight away. The end implied that it wasn't really the end and that a second run is needed to really experience everything. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 7:32pm
Yeah, I played Oxenfree on PS4 recently and liked it a lot. It took a while for me to adjust to the really tiny character models and the fact that they look cartoony while sounding realistic, but otherwise I really enjoyed the story and I thought the radio feature was really neat, especially the optional stuff you can do with it. I also had a hard time selecting dialogue choices in time, which usually isn't a problem for me with this type of game, so I'd definitely consider playing through again when they patch that.

Ara Fell continues to go well, though it's on the  backburner for a bit while I play Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness on my PS4. It's a pretty fun Action RPG so far with great combat, tons of optional stuff already, and it has seamless transitions in and out of combat, which makes it flow wonderfully. It's been getting negative reviews and reactions from fans, but as a longtime fan of the series I'm absolutely loving it so far.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 28 Jun 2016 at 7:35pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 2:27pm
Going to throw in a recommendation here. I haven't finished this yet but it looked so intriguing that I took a shot on it in the Steam sale and I'm really loving it so far.

The only complaint I have is that sometimes dialogue choices disappear before I've even had a chance to read them all. But apparently the developers are looking at addressing that in future updates. 

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 9:45am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Well I've got stuck on Soma. I've just reached Tau. The game did an Amnesia and had an enemy waiting pretty much right behind a door and just can't seem to find a way past this one. The first time I was waiting in full view for said door to open and it saw me straight away. Ran and hid somewhere dark but it still found me. Next time I started to open it and then went and hid so it didn't see me right away but it still came out and started searching and found me as soon as I tried to move. I've tried several times this morning but it always gets me. I've only made it a couple of steps into the room it comes from so far. 

Finally got past this but it was total luck and a lot of running in the end. I've finished the game now. That ending was bittersweet to say the least. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 1:26am
Well I've got stuck on Soma. I've just reached Tau. The game did an Amnesia and had an enemy waiting pretty much right behind a door and just can't seem to find a way past this one. The first time I was waiting in full view for said door to open and it saw me straight away. Ran and hid somewhere dark but it still found me. Next time I started to open it and then went and hid so it didn't see me right away but it still came out and started searching and found me as soon as I tried to move. I've tried several times this morning but it always gets me. I've only made it a couple of steps into the room it comes from so far. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 1:20am
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

It looked like some kid owned it n never once put it in a case at all since owning it. It was just a loose disk.

I can't stand people who don't take care of their games. Don't understand them either. They cost enough when new. I had a friend when I was in school who was like this. Discs everywhere. Loose, in the wrong cases, manuals either damaged or missing, you name it. We actually had a fight once (meaning shouting, not fists) when I took a game round his house and he tried to treat mine in the same manner. 

Edited by adg211288 - 28 Jun 2016 at 1:28am
GG2U

vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 9:41am
Had a bitch of q time getting a $0.50 garage sale xbox 360 game to work. First i toothpasted it like a zillion times and that didn't work. Then i took it to the video rental store and they buffed it twice in their disc buffer and got it home n it started up n i played it a but then it froze so i tried installing it to the hard drive n it didn't go past 15%. I was pissed n i do toothpaste method again for a good 30 mins while watching tv. Then i tried installing it again n finally it installed 100% n i played it for 2 hours. It looked like some kid owned it n never once put it in a case at all since owning it. It was just a loose disk.

Edited by vmoore - 27 Jun 2016 at 9:44am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 8:56am
I just finished the Space Pilgrim series. Pretty awesome really and recommended as well. Not really RPG's despite being made in RPGMaker, but entertaining. 

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/246/
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 1:53pm
Thanks for pointing the bundle out. I got it as well. I had a few games already, but there were quite a few I didn't have that looked interesting. I now have so many RPGs on Steam, it would probably take at least a full year of concentrated play to get through all of them, lol!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 12:42pm
This may be of interest Travis, quite a few RPGmaker style games here at extra cut price for buying in a bundle (I just picked it up). Not everything interested me but there were more than enough that looking promising to pick it up for such a massive discount. 

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/813/

As for Soma, loving it more and more with each session I play it and definitely not regretting take the plunge at just 50% off. I just got out of the Theta area.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 9:57am
Just encountered a really annoying enemy in Soma which is really giving me a bad time with the game (the one you're not even allowed to so much look at if you want to live). 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 94>
  Share Topic