Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 94>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 11:12pm
Played about 2 hours of The Witcher 3 DLC tonight, and will probably do some more before I go to bed. So far, I've done about 5 minutes of the main quest before getting distracted by side quests, lol! Basically, it's more of The Witcher 3, and everything you'd expect from it. Though one warning: The developers said you should be at least level 30+, and while my level 35 Geralt hasn't had much trouble on the normal setting yet, I have been fighting level 32-36 enemies already, so you may want to make sure you're at least level 32 before starting, if not higher (that's actually the level they put you at if you choose to play the DLC directly from the menu, without starting a new file or using a previous save, so that makes sense.)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 12:26am
I may have to play it on my last file then. My current file is partway through a NG+. Just installing it now. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 10:57am
As expected, had to save a backup of my NG+ progress since I was way underleveled. I've played I guess about 9 hours so far. It's said to be a 10 hour expansion but I think it must surely be more as I've only just practically finished one of the two quests you get after the initial one and I can't imagine that the rest of it would be so rushed.

Been awesome so far. The map extension has some nice new areas to explore and the quest involving the wedding was pretty funny. The boss fights though have proven a bit of a slog, though some of the base game's did as well before I learned their tactics. Haven't died yet, but my usual tactics haven't been as useful, especially against the Toad Prince near the start of the DLC. Not sure what to make of the Runewrite guy yet. I just poured pretty much all my gold into that guys quest to get him up to mastercraft level, and now don't seem inclined to actually use his services. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 6:23pm
I ended up lowering the difficulty to easy after a while, in part because one encounter with a roomful of level 33 soldiers was pissing me off, and also because I prefer this game and the Dragon Age game for the story and not so much for the combat, so it's more enjoyable to me if I get through combat as quickly as possible. I actually had a way easier time with the Toad Prince, though, compared to other enemies I've fought since lowering the difficulty, and it was actually a really cool fight. The mage boss was slightly annoying, though, mostly because he kept teleporting away right when I was about to hit him.

So far, I just got to the wedding part, and I'm really enjoying that story so far, since I always enjoy having lighter parts in a game that can be overly grim dark at times. I accidentally stumbled upon the auction house while running around, and that story looks like it could be a slog, but so far "Dead Man's Party", the initial quest and the side content have been good enough to make the DLC more than worthwhile.

I actually didn't have anything I needed for the Runewright to modify my equipment, so I haven't had the chance to test that out yet. I was a bit annoyed, though, because I paid a ridiculous amount of crowns already, and now he's asking me for far more than I have left, so that kinda sucks.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 13 Oct 2015 at 6:28pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 1:20am
The quest for the third wish has a real slog of a boss. I had to turn my game down to easy to beat it. Not only does it do so much damage that even a full Quen can't fully protect you every time he hits you with his weapon he gets all the damage back as his own health, so you are literally not allowed to get hit at all (on normal that means he gets back over 1000HP per hit and it's still over 500HP on easy). he also summons allies if you damage him enough which he then turns on to recharge his HP that way. 

The quest itself is good and really brings out the horror side of the game, but this boss is the first real pain in the arse enemy of the whole game. The toad and mage were a breeze by comparison. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 1:26am
^Oh god, that sounds awful. I really hope I can pull off a fluke on the first attempt, because otherwise that sounds like the kind of fight I could get stuck on for a while and get really pissed off with. That would suck, too, because so far I'm loving the DLC, and "Dead Man's Party" was probably one of my favorite quest lines in the whole game. Going to attempt the house quest later tonight.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 2:38am
On the plus side you do get to loot his HP recharging weapon afterwards. 

I just finished Hearts of Stone by the way. I guess in total it took me about 14 hours. Apart from frustrating bosses it was a very good expansion and I'm looking forward to playing it again to try a few things differently.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 3:26am
I ended up switching back to normal for a bit, because I was getting into the combat again. Just fought the Caretaker and WOW! Easily my favorite fight in the entire game! I didn't like how he could kill the other enemies to heal himself, but aside from that it was a really incredible fight, and his attack animations, movements and the whole feel of the fight felt ripped straight out of Dark Souls.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 1:51pm
Ended up finishing it last night. I found the last part a bit frustrating when playing it, but it was certainly interesting and well put together. Overall the DLC actually was fantastic and brought my opinion of the overall game up a bit. At this point, I probably prefer it over Dragon Age: Inquisition, which has actually gone down for me over time,  due to how weak the DLC is.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 2:04pm
I'm playing on Death March on my NG+ run and not finding it overly difficult (in fact I'm killing enemies way over my level without breaking a sweat) but the Caretaker just seemed a pain in the arse even on normal game - Just the Story mode. My hands were literally cramped up from mashing roll and dodge so much by the time I actually killed him. 

By the way, I take back my comment about Novigrad frame rate being better with 1.10. Well it was better but as soon as Hearts of Stone went in the frame rate in both Novigrad and Oxenfurt is worse than it's ever been. Also Roach has turned black and lost her hair and the game has got stuck in an infinite load screen twice today. Cry

Roll on 1.11. Hopefully they don't break something else this time. 

All this said, it's still the best game I've ever played. Only part I really don't like is the Fistfights which I honestly think they fucked up in this game as I enjoyed them in the first two games. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 2:14pm
The trick to the Caretaker is, I basically needed to forget about all my signs except Quen, and just treat it as a Dark Souls fight. Once I did that, it went great, and I got it on my second try, without having to lower the difficulty back. I pretty much just sat back for a bit, and it took me very little time to figure out his pattern and when I had an opening to attack. The only part that gave me trouble was trying to kill off the other enemies before he could use them to heal himself. Otherwise, he was shockingly easy once I figured him out. Also, if you use quen you can take one hit before it starts to recover his health, or at least my Geralt was able to.

Novigrad seems to working a bit better for me, actually. It at least stopped doing that thing where it took over a minute for all the textures to appear. Now it all loads up properly, and the framerate seems a bit steadier. I do have the black Roach glitch, though, lol!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 3:20pm
I have to be honest, I felt the same way about Nithral during Wandering in the Dark during my first run. He killed me so many times until I figured him out. Now I can beat him on Death March without any problems. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 2:09am
Just a few days until the final episode of Tales from the Borderlands drops...got me thinking, what the hell's happened to the Game of Thrones finale? The last episode was released in July according to the dates on wiki. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 2:26am
I think it's probably a case of Telltale working on way more projects than they can realistically handle. Even with multiple teams, they have Borderlands, GoT, the new Minecraft series they just started this week, and they're apparently working on some special TWD, so it makes sense that something would have to get backed up. I'm honestly not as bothered by this as I should be, because I haven't been enjoying their GoT series nearly as much as I thought I would, so at this point I'll be more relieved than excited to finish it, whenever it comes.
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 9:04am
Yeah The Walking Dead Season 2 is getting a three episode DLC following Michonne.

Can't say their Minecraft game interests me at all, by the way. I also read a report on it recently that implied that it is really, really bad.

http://www.pcgamer.com/minecraft-story-modes-first-episode-is-a-blocky-mess/
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 11:14am
Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

Yeah The Walking Dead Season 2 is getting a three episode DLC following Michonne.

Can't say their Minecraft game interests me at all, by the way. I also read a report on it recently that implied that it is really, really bad.

http://www.pcgamer.com/minecraft-story-modes-first-episode-is-a-blocky-mess/

Somehow I'm not surprised it's really bad, I felt that Minecraft was bad enough on it's own. However, I heard they were going to make a movie, so the game was probably a rush job so they could have a reason to make a movie.

Edited by Unitron - 19 Oct 2015 at 11:58am
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 2:56am
I've just finished Tales from the Borderlands. Don't want to post any spoilers but I will say that i did think the finale was a little weaker than the rest of the season and I have mixed feelings about the ending. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 3:00am
^Wierd, I've been hearing mostly great things about it. I'm about to go do it for myself now, so I'll be able to talk about it in a bit. I did the Life is Strange finale earlier today and it was incredible, and overall I think that's easily the best episodic game I've played to date. The Borderlands game is one of my favorites by Telltale, though.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 5:44am
Well, I ended up with mixed feelings as well. On the one hand, the big action sequence was amazing, and there were some pretty cool choices. On the other hand, I didn't like the opening part too much, the ending reminded me of Borderlands 1 in a bad way, and a couple of the plot twists seemed random, like they just came up with them completely on the spot. I liked it overall, but yeah, it definitely wasn't as strong as some of the previous episodes.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 11:07am
How did you feel about the identity of the masked guy? Ended up being the last 'person' I thought of. 

At least with the ending, it does sort of hint that Telltale isn't done with Borderlands yet, and I'm certainly game for there to be a Tales from the Borderlands Season 2. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 94>
  Share Topic