Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 94>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

Witcher 3's Hearts of Stone is out on Monday.

I'm looking forward to it a lot. I'm currently replaying a lot of The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion but that will have to go on hold for a little while next week. Tongue
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 4:00pm
Speaking of Oblivion, anyone else find that the PC version runs terribly even on modern hardware?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

Speaking of Oblivion, anyone else find that the PC version runs terribly even on modern hardware?

Yes, absolutely. I don't think I get much better performance on my gaming rig (i5 25000k, 8GB RAM, GTX 970) than I did on my old, most definitely not a gaming PC and sometimes it's like it's actually worse. It's a terribly optimized game. I am running it modded, including Really AEVWD (but not Qarls Texture Pack) but I've patched it to use 4GB RAM (unfortunately as a 32-bit application it just won't use more than that) and I have things like Operation Optimization and Oblivion Stutter Remover installed, but there are still areas where the frame rate slows to a crawl. Even some interiors are absolutely terrible. I have the Elsweyr Deserts of Anequina mod installed as well and my rig cannot run it with it's Really AEVWD pack installed. I've run it on my old PC without issues...but for some reason a GTX 970 cannot cope. 

I can run Skyrim better even with graphics mods added (such as 2K texture packs, ENB etc), than Oblivion. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 12:46pm
Fallout 4 PC requirements have been released.

Minimum:

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended:

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

As expected I'm good on most things for recommended, but by CPU is lacking, though above the minimum this time, unlike with The Witcher 3. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 3:17pm
So I have a bit of a problem, now: I plan on playing The Witcher 3 DLC next week, but my PS4 is running low on hard drive space now, and guess what? I now have to download a fucking 15 gb patch! Are you kidding me? These damn patches are getting out of control.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 3:37pm
Steam doesn't seem to have the patch yet unfortunately. I guess it'll go live sometime before the DLC is out though. 

The patch is big because it fixes and improves on hell of a lot if you read the changelog, as well as adding some new stuff to the game (specifically I see references to new romance dialogues in certain quests). 

I'm just hoping to see a fix for the NPC pop-in issue after all these months!

Edited by adg211288 - 08 Oct 2015 at 3:37pm
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 4:52pm
^Yeah, the patch isn't actually up yet it seems. I was going off a report I read that made me think the patch would start downloading immediately, but I guess I must have read it wrong. Either way, though, with how small the PS4's hard drive is (essentially 400 gigs) a 15 gig patch is absolutely insane, and I'm getting sick of games that are poorly compressed (probably not the case with The Witcher 3, but I mean, I have some games taking 35-50 gigs, which is totally unacceptable with that hard drive.)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 4:59pm
Don't forget though that with a patch it may replace some existing files, so you may not end up with 15GB extra space taken. 
GG2U

vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 6:32pm

i just started dis game

Edited by vmoore - 08 Oct 2015 at 6:33pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 3:43am
In other gaming news, Tales from the Borderlands' last episode is out on October 20th. 

I expect I'll play it, then sooner rather than later replay all five. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 5:07am
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that one. I have my own method for re-playing episodic games: I tend to re-play the previous episode a night or two before the next one is out, partially so I can do different choices, and partially as a refresher. For the most part, that method has serves me well, though re-playing their Game of Thrones episodes has exposed some of the flaws in it. 

That will be a tough day for me, though, because the previous day I'm working as a Poll Clerk for the Canadian Federal Election, then on the 20th I have that game, the Life is Strange finale, and I have Tales of Zesteria pre-ordered. That's going to be one crazy day, and it doesn't help that I'll likely be dead tired.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 8:32am
Got the new Witcher 3 patch downloading now. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 8:55am
The patch on PC by the way is only 6.4GB, not 15GB. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 3:35pm
My patch isn't 15 GB either...... It's 17.2 GB! What a joke! The worst part: It looks like almost none of that is replacement data (when my system was allocating space, it showed my storage going down by 17 GBs, and the download started at like 250mb, where sometimes it would start a couple GB for a big patch.) How badly did they fuck up the game to have to put out such a huge patch? That's just plain absurd.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 09 Oct 2015 at 3:40pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 3:40pm
You sure that the PS4 version isn't pre-loading Hearts of Stone while it's at it? 17GB on one platform and only 6.4 on another is absurd. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 4:06pm
It could be, though my brother has the Steam version as well, and he said his update was also 17 GBs, so that doesn't make sense either.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 10:33am
One thing I have noticed with the new patch: It deleted my horse's saddle and also all of my Wolf School armour set that I had in the storage chest. Anything related to the free DLC items seems to have been removed from New Game+ (they are there in my old saves including the one I imported). 

However on the plus side, Novigrad frame rate seemed a lot more smooth when I tried it briefly. As usual people on Steam are reporting hell all new problems after patching but the disappearing items is the first time I've actually had one of the things happen to me. 
GG2U

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 4:03pm
That's exactly why I play all games at least 2 years after release. I mean, that's the main reason among many others ;d I'm sure I'll have a hell of a ride playing a fully patched, smooth as butter, Wild Hunt GOTY edition. In 2017.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 4:06pm
I've been playing this lately:
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 12:11am
I've been getting into Warframe recently, and I can certainly understand why it's so popular.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 94>
  Share Topic