Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 94>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 5:10pm
I haven't read all the pages of this thread, because 43 pages takes a bloody long time to read...

I was quite pleased with myself yesterday for earning my very first PS3 platinum trophy. I got it on Skyrim. I'm on my second play through of it, and adding up the hours of play from both characters, I must be somewhere over 300 hours played on it. I haven't got the DLC add-ons, but I saw a disc with them on at EB Games for about a third of the price of actually downloading them. Will see if I can find it today.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 12:16am
Been playing a mix of games as of late. Switching from Assassins Creed I and Modded Doom II on PC, and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped on PS1.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 1:52am
^ I remember slaving hours and hours on Crash 3 (and 2). I loved those games. Never got into the original though, in fact I sold my copy not too long ago. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

^ I remember slaving hours and hours on Crash 3 (and 2). I loved those games. Never got into the original though, in fact I sold my copy not too long ago. 

Yeah, the 2nd and 3rd games are two of my favorite games. Wrath of Cortex on PS2 is really fun as well. Never played the first one though.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 4:37pm
Great to see Crash get some love here. The first three games were practically all I played when I first got my Playstation -- Warped was always my favorite too! Thumbs Up ...and I remember digging the first game quite a bit, but there are some really frustrating segments that kept me from ever beating the game. I'd like to give it another shot sometime.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 3:28am
My friends and I used to play a lot of the first three Crash games when we were kids. I remember all three fondly but they all had some really frustrating parts, though with the first one it was always the save game system that irritated me the most.

We used to have a lot of fun with the Spyro series too. I think that series lost its way come Gen II though but the original trilogy was excellent.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 5:40am
I think the save system is the main reason I could never persevere with the first Crash game. There was nothing worse that messing up those bonus rounds and being punished with not being allowed to save your progress. 

Spyro is another series I have spent hours on. I still dig the trilogy out once every few years and revisit it. Year of the Dragon was always my favourite. 

I can't use my PS1 very well now though because I have a button gone on my last remaining controller. Cry
GG2U

Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 2:59pm
I finally finished The Witcher 3 by the way. It's easily the best game I've played in a long time. I'll probably be playing it again pretty soon, though I've decided to wait until the upcoming New Game Plus mode is available. Still exploring post-game on my first save; I still have a lot of ? markers on the map (especially in Skellige) and I'm sure there's a lot of other stuff I've missed.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 12:08am
Recently watched a review of the new King's Quest game, looks pretty fun. Onto my Steam wishlist it goes. Tongue
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 3:30am
Is that Kings Quest the same as the Sierra games from the 80s? I used to love those.

Edited by Vim Fuego - 03 Aug 2015 at 3:31am
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 6:27am
^I've never played either of those games before, but from what I've read in reviews, the new one seems like an updated take on that series. So yeah, I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be at least somewhat similar. It looks interesting. May try it at some point.

Right now, there's a bit of lull for new games, so I decided to go back and re-play Fallout: New Vegas. The plan is to try out all the DLC's, though I'm nervous about doing Dead Money because from what I've heard it sounds like it could potentially be a playthrough killer. So far, though, I'm up the Vegas Strip, and it's been great. Just started Honest Hearts, which I've heard mixed things about, but hopefully it isn't too bad.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 7:08am
I liked most of the New Vegas DLC. Dead Money is a major letdown though mostly because it's just so damn tedious to complete due to you being fitted with an explosive collar for the whole duration which things like speakers and radios can set off. It's enjoyable on PC only because there's a mod which deletes that 'feature'. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Is that Kings Quest the same as the Sierra games from the 80s? I used to love those.

Same series, although the new one could probably be called a re-boot. I own 5, 6, and Mask of Eternity on CD.
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I liked most of the New Vegas DLC. Dead Money is a major letdown though mostly because it's just so damn tedious to complete due to you being fitted with an explosive collar for the whole duration which things like speakers and radios can set off. It's enjoyable on PC only because there's a mod which deletes that 'feature'. 

Yeah Dead Money takes away a lot of the base game's feeling of freedom. Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas have a habit of this since they usually force you to stay in the DLC areas until you're done (Point Lookout and Lonesome Road being notable exceptions), but Dead Money is the worst offender. Honest Hearts is good though. You are stuck in its location until done of course but that location is quite different to other locations in the two games, so I've never minded as much. Old World Blues is quite good too.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 1:31am
The thing is with New Vegas DLC, while you can play them in any order they should technically be played in release order because there's an underlying story arc. Not a major one but it is there. 

I think my favourite from the game has to be Lonesome Road though I can understand why some people don't like it: It feels a lot more linear compared to the usual open world adventures of F3/NV. But I do think it has a great atmosphere. The post-apocalypse seen elsewhere in the game seems a bit tame compared to The Divide. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 1:40am
Yeah, I've heard people say there's some kind of tory arc to it. The main reason I'm doing Honest Hearts first, though, is because I've heard it's a fairly low level DLC, while Dead Money is supposed to be quite tough. I likely will try that one next, though, and then obviously Old World Blues, and save Lonesome Road for last.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 5:33am
Just finished Honest Hearts. It wasn't one of my favorite DLC's of all time or anything, but it was pretty fun. My heavily melee focused playstyle failed a lot, though, so I actually had to practice using shotguns, which was fun. VATS can be so convenient, for someone like e who's terrible at shooters. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 5:53am
I can't play these games with a melee build. It just feels too limited especially when you come up against real nasty things like Deathclaws.
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 2:33am
Can't wait!: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-2-remake-confirmed/1100-6429698/
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 3:12pm
Picked up the Risen 3 DLC I wanted that didn't go on deep sale during the summer event so I'm playing through those now, as well as another run on the Mass Effect series. And of course, still playing The Witcher 3. For something a bit more casual I've played a bit of Sanctum this week as well. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 94>
  Share Topic