Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 94>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:46pm
RTS games are hell with controllers. If you compare the likes of Age of Empires (PC) and Halo Wars (Xbox) in the area of control, the PC will always win. Cursor movement on the map is much more limited due to the set up of the controller. Using the joysticks to operate an RTS is something I can only do every once in a awhile. 

Edited by aglasshouse - 26 Jun 2015 at 10:47pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 7:50am
I'm not a fan of RTS games but I find FPS horrible with a controller. I have tried it with some but I find most are either over sensitive which makes aiming a pain in the neck or they automatically switch on aiming assistance, which is completely unnecessary with the level of control K&M gives. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 9:32am
Witcher 3 has dragged me back to it despite having several Steam sale purchases on the go. 

I'm doing my best to play things differently this time and already even some small decisions have changed other quests later. The Bloody Baron sub-plot changed a lot this time, especially the ending. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 12:24pm
I'm finally towards the end of the game now, I think. I'm loving it for the most part, though some of the visual bugs on the PS4 version have been bothering me. Ever since a certain major event in the plot I've been really into the game again, after the Novgrad portion of the main plot proved to be a bit of a drag. 

Also, my end of the Baron quest was very disappointing. To avoid specifics, it basically felt less like a definitive ending, and more like one of those "to be continued" endings, which is very disappointing considering how strong the rest of that arc was. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 12:41pm
What sort of visual bugs does the PS4 version have? My biggest gripe on the PC version is that NPC's sometimes don't appear until you're practically on top of them, giving the appearance of them popping in out of thin air. Six patches and it's still not fixed. 

I think I know what you're talking about at the end of the Baron's arc. I'd have liked the story to pick up again later in that ending. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 5:17pm
The most annoying visual issue is with Novigrad: Every time I load the game up there or fast travel there, I have to wait close to a minute for all the textures, NPC's and other details to load in. For example, if I fast travel straight to where I need to go to advance a quest, I often have to wait for the character to load in properly before I can talk to them, so that gets annoying. I also occasionally have NPC's popping in and out, sometimes little things in the background will keep popping in and out during cutscenes, etc. Most annoyingly, though, yesterday when using the menu the screen would keep flashing black every few seconds, then returning to normal. Sorta like how in some cutscenes you'll occasionally get a weird flash in between lines. Thankfully, it worked better the next time I played, but that sure was annoying. I first noticed it when using the map, and it kept flashing on me. 

Also, this isn't a visual glitch, but yesterday I also had about a 45 minute period where I couldn't save the game at all, and it wasn't even autosaving. Once I got to the next checkpoint in my main quest it returned to normal, but I was freaking out for a while. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 5:25pm
Sounds like the PS4 version has some serious problems then. I did experience something similar once in over 200 hours on PC, in Novigrad, where the city kept appearing and disappearing all over the place as soon as I loaded a save. It righted itself after a minute though and I've never seen that happen again since.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 10:19pm
Beat the game tonight. I was very happy with the endings I got, almost everything seemed positive, so that was good. For a few minutes I thought I had screwed something up big time and I started panicking, but then I discovered that the game was just tricking me, and I really got the exact end I wanted, lol!

It's way too spoilery to go into most of in thread, but one thing I will say for now: My Geralt ended up with Yen. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 1:16am
Sounds like you got the ending I got the second time, except that Geralt was with Triss for that save on my mine. I'm determined to go with Yen this time since this is the 'do it different' run (which is going pretty well, have the first stages of the Get Junior quest play out quite different this time since I last posted here). Probably be the only time, since I'm reading the latest English translated book at the moment and if anything it's made me unable to stand Yen even more. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 1:43pm
Terraria just got a major update, including achievements. The one for killing Plantera is called The Great Southern Plantkill. Clap
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Terraria just got a major update, including achievements. The one for killing Plantera is called The Great Southern Plantkill. Clap

I can't describe how awesome that is. That single-handedly makes me want to play it. LOL 

Edited by Unitron - 30 Jun 2015 at 1:48pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 1:52pm
Terraria was awesome on the previous version. I can only imagine it's even better now. If you like indie games at all, play it!
GG2U

aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 9:24pm
I distrust the Terraria developers after all that stuff they did to promote their game, including paying people to positively review it.

Edited by aglasshouse - 30 Jun 2015 at 9:24pm
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by aglasshouse aglasshouse wrote:

I distrust the Terraria developers after all that stuff they did to promote their game, including paying people to positively review it.

They seriously did that? That sounds like exactly what happened with Shadow of Mordor. 
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 10:32pm
Bought Batman Arkham Knight today, and played just under 2 hours so far. It feels like it's going to take time adjusting to the batmobile controls (though a helpful tip from IGN about switching to Battle Mode toggle has already proven helpful,) but aside from that it looks like it'll be great, just like the other games in the series. It certainly looks awesome..... On the PS4 version, anyway (For anyone who hasn't heard, the PC version was outsourced and apparently the team responsible did such a poor job, and the fan response so overwhelmingly negative, WB had it removed from Steam until the fall, to give Rocksteady time to get it all fixed and working properly. Pretty embarrasing situation, unfortunately.)

Edited by DippoMagoo - 30 Jun 2015 at 10:33pm
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 12:03am

Scummy, but it's still a fantastic game.  At least they aren't doing it to try and hide a shit game (like AAA devs)
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:00am
I don't really care for it to be honest. Tried it, thought it was pretty boring.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:07am

I don't really care for it to be honest. Tried it, thought it was pretty boring.

Yeah, I don't suspect I'd like it either, not my kind of game. However, it is awesome that they put a Pantera reference in there. 
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 3:27pm
Haven't been able to play The Witcher 3 as much as I'd have liked but I'm loving it so far. Had a few glitches both with graphics and some quests (Now or Never required a reload because Triss suddenly stood in a doorway and would not move), but they haven't reached a point where it's becoming a major hindrance to completing the game.

If there's something I really dislike about the game though, it's Ciri's sections. Some of them are so short I wonder what the point of them was. I'd have liked them to have had more depth to them. I think the first one (King of the Wolves) is actually the most fleshed out, so far anyway.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 3:47pm
I experienced a new glitch while playing today:

Geralt had just sailed across to one of the islands in Skellige. I pressed the button to leave the boat but instead of standing Geralt was propelled miles up into the air, so high that I had a view over pretty much the whole region. A nice view, but of course then he feel straight to his death. I actually quickly whipped the debug console up and turned on god mode, but apparently it doesn't actually work as it didn't make a slight bit of difference. 

Finally completed my Gwent card collection today though. That was a slog, some of those players needed challenging about half a dozen times before I lucked out and beat them, especially early on when your deck is basically useless. I quite like the Gwent game now, but I found it quite irritating at first.

Oh and since this is the be different run, I finally choose Yen over Triss for Geralt. Guess I should now make sure someone else gets the Skellige throne since the same person got it the first two times for me as I didn't even try to change anything in that quest arc in my second run. I was pretty satisfied with how that arc turned out for me. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 94>
  Share Topic