MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 94>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 10:46pm
Currently playing 1886 The Order on PS4.  Seems pretty good so far.  I'm not a huge gamer and I lose interest quickly but this looks like I might get a fair way through it before my elsdest son finishes it for me :)
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 11:36pm
^Apparently it takes 5-6 hours, so that should be easy to get through. I was considering getting it, but between the length and the fact that it apparently has a rushed ending meant to pump a sequel, I decided to hold off for now until it goes on sale for around $30. I think I'll like the game, but everything I've read about it suggests that if I were to buy it now I'd feel a bit let down, where if I wait for the price to go down I'll probably be more satisfied with it.

I'll be finishing up Dying Light soon. It's been a really fun open world zombie game so far, much better than Dead Island. The platforming is surprisingly fun most of the time and before I got good enough weapons I was mostly running away from zombies, but at the point I'm at now the combat has become a lot of fun. I really didn't expect much out of it, but it's been surprisingly very good. 

Tomorrow I get to play the first episode of Resident Evil: Revelations 2, and I'll likely do a bit of raid mode as well, so that should be fun. Between that, buying the newest Sherlock Holmes game from a PSN sale and buying an intriguing indie game called Hand of Fate, I have ton of stuff to play for now.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 11:40pm
^^I've heard of it, I'll need to take a closer look at it, sounded interesting.

I just bought Besiege today, a medieval physics-type game. Has a good amount of planning and thinking involved for what exactly you're going to want to construct. Been having fun with it so far, it's still being updated so more levels will come later.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 12:30am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

^Apparently it takes 5-6 hours, so that should be easy to get through. I was considering getting it, but between the length and the fact that it apparently has a rushed ending meant to pump a sequel, I decided to hold off for now until it goes on sale for around $30. I think I'll like the game, but everything I've read about it suggests that if I were to buy it now I'd feel a bit let down, where if I wait for the price to go down I'll probably be more satisfied with it.

I'll be finishing up Dying Light soon. It's been a really fun open world zombie game so far, much better than Dead Island. The platforming is surprisingly fun most of the time and before I got good enough weapons I was mostly running away from zombies, but at the point I'm at now the combat has become a lot of fun. I really didn't expect much out of it, but it's been surprisingly very good. 

Tomorrow I get to play the first episode of Resident Evil: Revelations 2, and I'll likely do a bit of raid mode as well, so that should be fun. Between that, buying the newest Sherlock Holmes game from a PSN sale and buying an intriguing indie game called Hand of Fate, I have ton of stuff to play for now.

Damn, I didn't realise it was such a short game.

I think I will get Dying Light soon, I have a few old PS3 games to trade in since they don't work with PS4.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 10:51pm
Finished Dying Light. I've heard of people being disappointed by the final mission, but I thought it was great. I've played better first-person games overall (the Bioshocks have better stories, for example) but as someone who prefer third-person normally, I think from a gameplay perspective this is the most addictive first-person game I've ever played, even more so than the Borderland games (though again, they're better overall because they're just so damn funny.)

Edited by DippoMagoo - 23 Feb 2015 at 10:52pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 1:36am
I expect I'll pick up Dying Light at some point. It's one of the few recent or upcoming games I actually seem to be interested in. Having played and loved quite a few titles from the 2012 - 2013 period there hasn't seemed too much to be of interest to me from 2014 - 2015 so far. I have a few titles from last year I still intend to pick up such as Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Far Cry 4 but aside from The Witcher 3 I can't say too much about 2015 has excited me yet. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 1:43am
I tend to find at least a decent amount of new games every year, though admittedly 2014 was one of my weaker gaming years in recent memory, mostly focused on finishing games from previous years, or playing cheap indie games. I honestly only got Dying Light because it was the first non episodic game released this year that looked even somewhat interesting, so obviously I'm glad it ended up being much better than I expected. I have two games coming out within a week of each other next month, both of which will probably last me quite a while. 

The first episode of Resident Evil Revelations 2 was solid, but not quite as good as I was hoping. The first half of the story mode was a bit underwhelming, though the second portion of it was quite a bit better. Surprisingly, I'm enjoying the raid mode more than the actual story so far, which certainly didn't happen with the first game. 

Edited by DippoMagoo - 25 Feb 2015 at 1:44am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 4:25pm
Reinstalled Morrowind after some time without it, fully loaded with graphics mods to bring it more into this decade. Obviously doesn't look as good as my modded Skyrim, but for a 13 year old game it looks great.

Now I just need to get Oblivion up and running in a playable manner. Despite being able to run heavily modded Skyrim with only a few rare crashes Oblivion is lagging every few seconds on my current install. Funny thing is I haven't installed any mods I didn't use before when my system had less powerful hardware and I had it up and running with graphics mods pretty damn good before having to do a full system reset but now I've changed from 4GB RAM/2GB GPU (might have even been my previous 1GB SLI GPU's) to 8GB RAM/4GB GPU it runs atrociously. Mind you Oblivion stability was always more problematic for me than Morrowind. Might even just clean install and then install Nehrim over the top, it's a better game IMO.

Outside of Elder Scrolls I also started up Mass Effect again. I'm trying to go pure Paragon on this save. 

I also tried for the second time the demo of The Evil Within but also for the second time I've uninstalled it and have now decided not to bother. I never got past the second chapter in the demo but it hadn't hooked me plot wise by that point (quite confusing really) and the controls feel rather clunky on PC to me. I probably could have plugged in my 360 controller for Windows but in past experience any game that involves shooting is ridiculously hard to control with a controller after using keyboard and mouse; either that or the game in question just switches on aiming assist of its own accord which is completely unnecessary if you're using K&M. Glad I never bought this one.
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 8:28pm
'Playing some Borderlands lately. Got the GotY Edition so get to play all the nice DLC. Never got around to "destroying" this game when I had it for the 360. Gonna be rectifying that.Tongue

Edited by Psydye - 01 Mar 2015 at 8:28pm
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 10:11pm
Today I bought Super Star Wars for the SNES, damn is this game hard. LOL
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 11:11pm
Hotline Miami 2 was released today

I've already played it for 5 hours...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 3:21am
Finally bit the bullet and purchased some DLC for Mass Effect 2. Seeing as Bioware/EA apparently don't believe in DLC price drops I'm never going to get it any cheaper, so may as well get it now so I can get the most out of my current run of the series. Skipping on the Overlord pack though for no other reason than it costs 560 bioware points but I'd have to buy 800 in order to get it, which after purchase would leave me with 320 wasted points that right now I don't think I'd ever have anything to use them on. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 11:29am
I've been playing some Quake II recently. Something funny about it, is that since it works without the disc so a few times I've had CD's copying to my PC and it plays the music CD as it's soundtrack. LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 2:19pm
Still replaying Morrowind quite a bit. Man it's been so long since I played it I'd forgotten how much I hate these things:

I also restarted Dragon Age 2. Not sure how long I'll be sticking with it this time. I've played the first game to completion several times but there's something about this one that seems much lesser. I enjoy the dialogue scenes (I'm trying to roleplay a smartarse Hawke) but that's about it. Whether I manage to stick with it this time will determine whether I eventual pick up the third game. I know most people say it's a lot better but I don't see the point in bothering with it if I can't get through DA2. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 7:13am
Resident Evil Revelations 2 ended up being very good. The actual campaign was solid enough, but raid mode had me addicted for at least 30-40 hours, and would have been worth the $25 I paid on its own. 

But now my most anticipated game of 2015 has arrived (and really, it's the main reason I bought a PS4): Bloodborne. Around 9 hours in, and its already been insanely awesome (and insanely hard, of course.) The addition of gun mechanics to the formula works much better than I could have anticipated, and after the more bland/linear level designs of Dark Souls II, the first area in this one is absolutely jaw dropping, both in scale and just in how well designed it is, with an almost overwhelming amount of shortcuts and hidden passages to discover.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Still replaying Morrowind quite a bit. Man it's been so long since I played it I'd forgotten how much I hate these things:

May all cliffracers burn in hell! Hate those things. Like Zubats. Hate those as well. Flying creatures in general I guess.LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 3:11pm
I just got Alien Isolation today. So far it seems pretty good if frustrating in places. I found the alien easier to avoid when I first encountered it than a few human enemies in the previous section. Took me over half a dozen goes of trial and error to find a way past those guys. Eventually managed it, but only after getting shot pretty fast and even trapped a couple of times with no way to escape. This game's a lot less forgiving than Amnesia or Outlast. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 2:38am
Replaying Alien: Isolation on a lower difficultly just to seek out collectibles and also playing the newest Thief game. This is my intro to that series and so far it seems solid but obviously I can't compare it to the original trilogy though I will say that while I am really enjoying it it doesn't stand up to other stealth games I've tried, especially Dishonored which Thief seems very similar to. 

As for my Dragon Age II run, well I do still put it on every so often but like with what happened with my original save by the time I get into act 2 the story isn't really holding my attention at all and I wouldn't be surprised if I suddenly realise I haven't touched it for a month or more.
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 5:10pm
Been mostly fluctuating between Quake II and Spiral Knights as far as PC goes, and a bit of Medal of Honor on the PS1. Spiral Knights has been ticking me off today, not being able to find 3-star weapons/armor to continue with the campaign. Dead
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 1:22pm
Just completed Thief. Well I still have quite a few missed collectibles to go back and find but I beat all the main and side missions. Probably rate it an 8/10. Some sections of the game were incredibly annoying (chapter 7 in particular, especially the boss battle which features a boss that is quite capable of one-shot kills on you even if you're at full health with upgrades) but most of the time it's pretty fun. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 94>
  Share Topic