MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 94>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 7:27pm
Currently addicted to Strider, for Steam...had it for awhile but only started playing it today! Great game! 'Love my Metroidvanias..
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 2:30am
I'm currently working my way through the Millennium series of RPGMaker games. I had the first (of five) a while ago and recently picked up the rest of the set. I'm currently on part 3. They're good if you like this sort of RPG but I'm disappointed in the way they handle save import from one episode to the next: from part 2 to 3 for example I've lost about 20 experience levels on my party, with it some skills that had become essential to my battle strategy and about 70000 gold. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 3:49am
^Yeah, importing from one episode to the next gets more and more frustrating as the series goes along, just to warn you (though it's maybe not as bad going from 4 to 5: 3 to 4, though..... Just wait and see. Aveyond is even worse, for that though, in case you ever get back to that: I lost my motivation to go through the final episode, because even if you import you get stuck at level.... 5! Seriously.) The one advantage you can give yourself in Millenium is to keep high value items in your inventory at the end of each episode, then sell them for big money at the start of the next episode.

I recently played through Shadowrun Returns, and it was a really fun tactical turn-based RPG, though it felt a bit too stripped down in certain areas. The standalone expansion Dragonfall has been much better so far, and it has potential to be a pretty special game from what I've played so far. I did hear great things about it compared to the base game, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

On Friday I'm picking up Dying Light for my next big PS4 game, as well as the first episode and season pass for Life is Strange, which looks to be a very promising narrative game in the same vein as titles by Telltale Games and Quantic Dream. That developer is still unproven to me, though (Remember Me got me excited at first, only to somewhat let me down,) so even though this one looks better, I still have my doubts.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 29 Jan 2015 at 3:59am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 6:23am
To be honest I started getting bored with Aveyond while still on episode 1; I haven't touched that game for about half a year now. 

I recently picked up the first season of TellTale's The Walking Dead which I expect I'll start looking at properly soon. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 5:03am
I tend to plow through Telltale episodes in one sitting each. Honestly, for some of their more recent ones I could probably have even done two in one sitting if I had waited for them all to come out, which of course I never do, because I get too excited and always have to buy the season pass as soon as it's available. Out of their three full seasons I've played, season one of TWD is just behind The Wolf Among Us as my favorite, but for some reason season 2 just didn't do much for me at all. Their Borderlands and Game of Thrones seasons both debuted strongly, though, so I'm hoping that was just a one time disappointment. Speaking of which, I'll be playing episode two of the latter next Tuesday. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:24am
Promote this place anywhere we can I always say, I've made a Steam group for MMA members to connect through: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/metalmusicarchives
GG2U

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:37am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Promote this place anywhere we can I always say, I've made a Steam group for MMA members to connect through: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/metalmusicarchives
Joined!
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 8:05am
^Decided to join myself! Approve
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 12:18pm
Joined Thumbs Up
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 1:53pm
Joined! Though as Adam already knows, PC isn't my main gaming platform (though at this point I'm kinda regretting going with the PS4: Maybe in a few years when I need a new system again I finally will just get a gaming PC), so I mostly use Steam for light RPGs and other low tech games my laptop can handle.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 5:47am
The first episode of Life is Strange was incredible, though the coimparisons to Telltale are pretty silly, because aside from being episodic, it's definitely more of a mix between Gone Home and the three Quantic Dream games, in several ways, actually. I actually think it has a good shot at being my favorite episodic series, if the rest of it can maintain the same level of quality. 
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:21pm
Been playing Organ Trail recently. Oregon Trail + Zombie Apocalypse, what's not to like? LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 1:27am
Aside from the Millennium series (which I mostly play on my lower power laptop) I've got back into several favourites from the past few years. Especially been playing a lot of Dishonored. I finally managed to complete my Shadow/Ghost run on the main game and The Knife of Dunwall in the last week and am currently going for the same on The Brigmore Witches. 

Aside from that I've been playing a bit of Bioshock Infinite, The Witcher 2, Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim, which I've just remodded fully to try out this ENB thing. It looks good but a bit too intensive on my rig to be stable (though I have a GTX 970 on order so hI won't be changing my install just yet).

And I'm on episode 3 of The Walking Dead. 
GG2U

ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Been playing Organ Trail recently. Oregon Trail + Zombie Apocalypse, what's not to like? LOL

Shocked
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 3:21pm
I'm towards the end of my current Bioshock Infinite run. Don't think I'll play Burial at Sea afterwards this time. I enjoy the DLC's but usually stop before the end of part 2. I honestly find the ending so deflating that every time I get close to it I'm like 'I don't need to sit through this shit again'. 

The game that has most of my attention right now though is Skyrim again. Got a relatively stable install (a few teething problems still to sort out), modded with ENB, and it looks gorgeous. 

I've also been playing a bit of Tomb Raider (2013) and Velvet Assassin. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 4:44pm
Recently been playing Spiral Knights, actually pretty addicting once you get into it. Thumbs Up
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Recently been playing Spiral Knights, actually pretty addicting once you get into it. Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 4:53pm
I have that problem with Skyrim. :P

Today's antics in the game included losing my horse to a passing sabre cat, misplacing the replacement horse before the battle for Whiterun and getting reported for murder by a bear. Also I took several arrows to the knee so I guess my adventuring days are well and truly over...at least until tomorrow. 

Edited by adg211288 - 17 Feb 2015 at 4:53pm
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 11:49pm
Gonna be playing Doom for awhile!Smile
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

Gonna be playing Doom for awhile!Smile

One of my favorite game franchises! Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 94>
  Share Topic