Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 94>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 2:09am
I'm with Liam on this one. Mass Effect 1 has some of the most boring and repetitive gameplay I've ever experienced. Mass Effect 2 is miles ahead of the first game. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 8:18am
Well guys, I am currently playing an old-school RPG named Dink Smallwood. Very Funny!

And it's free for download: http://www.rtsoft.com/pages/dink.php

Edited by Tupan - 25 Dec 2012 at 8:21am
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 10:37am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I'm with Liam on this one. Mass Effect 1 has some of the most boring and repetitive gameplay I've ever experienced. Mass Effect 2 is miles ahead of the first game. 

I'm glad I didn't go with my first instinct and do the Sentinel class with no weapon proficiency.  Of course, as an Engineer I basically went through the game thus far with nothing but a pistol.  But I did just arrive on Ilos, saved Wrex, killed Kaiden, had sex with Liara.  Kirrahe died too, but I didn't care much for him anyway.

A few of the story things are weaker too.  Garrus and Wrex's personal missions were extremely minimal, worthless when compared to the ME2 loyalty missions.

Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

[

Hipster.

On the other hand, I do like the convenient staircase leading from the bridge to the mess hall with no loading screen.  Though aside from the squad mates and Joker, the other characters on the ship are basically transparent.  No wonder Presley got killed off.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 8:42am
I played the Solider class. And this morning I beat Mass Effect 3. Some really dumb changes on how 2 worked IMO, but overall very good and better than the first game. Several people told me the ending killed the series, however the ending I got, while it didn't quite give me everything I wanted, felt like all the effort at securing resources for the war paid off. 

Next up on my gaming is Metro 2033, which I started but got distracted by getting Mass Effect 3. I've bought a ton of games in the Steam sale on the cheap though, so I should be sorted for some time now. 
GG2U

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 7:45pm
Meanwhile, my brother and I have been going through the Jak and Daxter HD Collection.  We beat the first game with the Platinum trophy.  Currently trying to plow through the longer and harder Jak II.  Damn this game is really unforgiving with its checkpoint placement.  Keep in mind, we've both played all three games to completion on their PS2 versions.

Edited by Wilytank - 03 Jan 2013 at 7:45pm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 8:09am
Call me what you will, but I've been enjoying this game a lot lately:

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012)

I beat the campaign and have been having a lot of fun with the multiplayer and zombies modes lately. I thought the campaign had way too many cutscenes, but it was nice to see Treyarch trying a more story-based approach with multiple endings this time around. Menendez is a great villain, too. Clap
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 10:55pm
Just had a good bit of fun in Skyrim sneaking into Dibella's Inner Sanctum in Markarth.  Lead woman telling us that we need to be taught a lesson and to go fetch some fucker from some place.  I tell her to suck a big one and they attack me.  I kill them all and defile the shrine.  Hail Boethiah!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 8:29am
Playing Skyrim again, despite having a ton of unplayed games. Going heavily modded with realism in mind meaning no fast travel except what can be paid for in game, player needs such as eating, drinking, sleeping and washing, better weather and realistic lighting, deadly weather and more. Having a blast with this character. 

By the way if anyone is interested, I've been given some trial passes to a few Steam games that are just sitting useless in my Steam inventory. If anyone wants any of them add me on Steam and drop me a message. I believe they give 3 days access a piece. 

The games are:

Shattered Horizon (x3)
Killing Floor (x2)
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 (x2)
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - GOTY (x3)
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 11:55pm
I'm a big fan of video games, I mostly play older games but I'll find newer games I enjoy as well.

I enjoy collecting older consoles, been wanting to get an Atari 2600. I currently have a Playstation 2 and SNES. PC games though are what I have the most of however. The Thief franchise is amazing. Smile

Edited by Unitron - 28 Jul 2014 at 11:55pm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 6:50am
Looks like this thread got a bump, so I'll make a quick post. Smile I've been playing a number of exceptional games lately... GTA V (360), A Link to the Past (SNES), Sonic 2 (Genesis), Legendary Wings (NES), Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance (PS2)... and this really cool FPS:

I picked the game up without knowing anything about it (other than the fact that it cost $5 Wink), but it's really had me hooked. Great storyline, unique gameplay quirks, appealing graphics, and a bit of an old school vibe that suits my tastes. Many of my favorite games are 90's id Software shooters (Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, Quake) so I love finding newer games that take inspiration from those classics.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 11:01am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Many of my favorite games are 90's id Software shooters (Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, Quake) so I love finding newer games that take inspiration from those classics.

I love those classic shooters as well, DOOM II is actually one of my favorite games of all time Wink
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 3:25pm
been playing these 2 games lately

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Many of my favorite games are 90's id Software shooters (Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, Quake) so I love finding newer games that take inspiration from those classics.

I love those classic shooters as well, DOOM II is actually one of my favorite games of all time Wink

One of mine too. Smile Did you play Doom 64 by any chance? It wasn't developed by id, but it's a phenomenal (and tough as nails) FPS game for the N64... you'd probably dig it if you like the first two Doom games.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 8:10pm
No I haven't, I'll need to check it out whenever I get my hands on an N64 Smile
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 10:32pm
I am hellbent on completing my Wolfenstein collection. Only one game to go....
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 2:21pm
^ I've played all of them except for the newest one. I really loved the 2009 (or some year around there) reboot. Great series! Big smile
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 3:29pm
The new one I sadly need a new graphics card for, such an amazingly beautiful game from what I've seen. Wink

RTCW is definitely my favorite wolfenstein game, and it is a tie as my favorite game with Spore by Maxis. Tongue
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 1:14am
I've been enjoying several RPGMaker titles recently. Brings back memories of playing Nintendo handhelds. 

Other than that Skyrim has managed to drag me back again. Thinking of returning to Fallout 3 for a while too, once I've downloaded some graphic replacers to try out since I should be able to run them fine these days. 
GG2U

A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I've been enjoying several RPGMaker titles recently. Brings back memories of playing Nintendo handhelds. 
I've been playing Yume Nikki and Ib lately.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 11:49pm
Just been playing some Serious Sam lately...have a TON of other games I've been playing(such as Mercenary Kings, 1001 Spikes, Shovel Knight, etc.) but I decided to quit playing them while I'm ahead as I'm getting a new laptop soon(Monday, as far as I know) and it'd be pointless to make any more progress in games in which I'm going to have to restart over anyways...

Edited by musiclover60sn70s - 01 Aug 2014 at 11:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 94>
  Share Topic