FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 94>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Kilimmaic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilimmaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread
    Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 2:47pm
I'm currently playing Overwatch, enjoying its gameplay and team strategy. I play games rarely but sometimes it's a great way to unwind and have fun. In addition, my leisure time I spend on sports betting UFABET เข้าสู่ระบบ, which adds an extra layer of excitement. For me, it's not only a fun way to spend time but also to make some noney.

Edited by Kilimmaic - 17 Aug 2023 at 3:59am
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 8:34pm
Been playing the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters series lately. I've beaten I and II, and am now at the end-game of III. Still have the next 3 to look forward to after that. Really enjoying it so far!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 9:12am
So, the 'Next Gen' update to The Witcher 3 has pretty much broken it on PC. The game, which could be made to run silky smooth probably 99% of the time with just a few performance tweaks, is now tanking hardware far above the power of what I possess, with even owners of RTX 4090 GPU's, which cost in excess of £2000, having to turn settings down or off to get even close to 60FPS and even then not stable. 

They have fortunately provided a legacy build on Steam, which I will be reverting to as soon as I seriously want to play this again. If the update had been all that was promised I might have started it anew today, but the update is an absolute fucking train wreck. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 4:08pm
So I finally picked up the Mass Effect Legendary Edition and have been playing through ME1.

ME1 was definitely the biggest draw to this remastered version and it has a lot of quality of life improvements. Unfortunately the game's performance is not up to snuff as soon as you go on any uncharted world. It's usually fine, but as soon as you go over any rough terrain the performance absolutely tanks. It isn't a hardware issue either as it happens whether your frame rate is set higher or locked to 60 and it can normally run well above that. 

But for every quality of life improvement made to ME1, there is probably two missed chances to make the first game as good as its sequels. ME1 was always held back by all those featureless uncharted worlds and the constant recycling of the same map layouts for ships, mines, etc. I was really hoping the updated game would address this. Along with making all the gameplay systems consistent across the whole trilogy. 

I get that its a remaster and not a remake, and it's certainly the smoothest ME1 experience I've ever had outside of the framerate issue, but that doesn't stop it being a missed chance to do something amazing. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 3:31pm
Just nearly lost a 100 day plus custom survival run on The Long Dark because of a glitch. Fucking annoying and would have been really pissed if this had ended the run. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 11:25am
Been replaying the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy. Actually there's a fourth game made later that takes place between 1 and 2, but I decided to replay the series in release order. I'm playing on PC for the first time instead of my old Gamecube copies and I have to say the series really holds up. A few tweaks easily get the games running in 1080p and they still look pretty good. Better than on my Gamecube where they look blurry as hell on modern TV screens. I just started the third game and have mostly been having a blast with them, beyond a couple of really frustrating sections here and there, mostly in the first game. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:55pm
Been playing The Darkside Detective: A Fumble in the Dark lately as well as Metroid: Samus Returns on a 3DS emulator. The former has excellent writing, a great sense of humor and I've always enjoyed the Metroid games(even Other M)!

Edited by Psydye - 12 Sep 2021 at 2:55pm
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 12:12pm
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness seems awesome! Especially for the ones who love CRPG games like Baldur's Gate. It is said that its complete version will be released in the first quarter of 2022. I'm loving it so far! Hence, I'm now using this avatar and signature. Cool
Iwan Ruby View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwan Ruby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 11:50am
I don't have a game console! In my work room all I have is a computer with specifications that are not too high! I installed some classic emulators; Mame, Kawaks and FB Alpha.. actually all the functions are the same, it's just that some games are more optimally played on certain emulators! there are about 50 classic games that I installed, although it can be said that they are outdated.. I am quite entertained and often my friends who come are actually happy to play them because of course they remember the past!
ORIDISTRO Your Criminal Partners
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 4:46am
I've been playing a lot of Dishonored 2 lately. Several times over in fact, trying to beat the game in different ways (regular game, New Game+, Low and High Chaos runs etc). I'm currently doing a serious low chaos no powers game. I've only played No Powers Mode once before and that was strictly an achievement run combing No Powers with High Chaos and playing as Corvo and I did it as fast as possible not giving a shit about stealth. This time I'm trying to do it undetected (but if I fuck up, I fuck up, no reloads) and the only kills I allow myself are those that result from fuck ups, including accidents. I'm about to start the Clockwork Mansion mission, which should be interesting as it will be impossible to take the quiet route to Jindosh without the use of Far Reach or Blink. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 12:07pm
Last day of the Steam sale today. Must be the first major one that I haven't bought a single thing.

I still haven't played several games from the last few though. As usual, I just end up playing the favourites again. Actually forced myself to uninstall a load so I might get tempted toward the unplayed instead. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:10am
Finished the trilogy. ME3 is still my least favorite, though now it's largely due to some game design issues (quest tracking is a nightmare, the map is less reliable than in 2, which was less reliable than in 1, side quests are really bad, way too much wave based arena style combat and not enough exploration, lack of RPG elements, etc.) I still enjoyed it, though, with combat largely being fun, and obviously I love the characters and many events that pay off the first two games. The Citadel DLC is especially nice, and this was my first time going through it. 

The big elephant in the room: I now understand the ending better. It's still my least favorite in the series, and still feels a bit underwhelming, but it's definitely better than I originally thought, and does feel like a logical conclusion, based on everything the series had been hinting at. I guess I just expected something a bit more epic, but it is fitting, if not particularly satisfying. The endings ME1 and especially ME2 are so much better, though. 

I'll start Andromeda tomorrow, which I expect I'll still like more than ME3, possibly ME1, depending on how the combat and story hold up, since I know I love the exploration, Sudoku puzzles, and a lot of the design choices it made that feel more in line with ME1.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:50am
The Mako says hi.

GG2U

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 8:51am
on PC, ME1 is the least clunky of the series to play LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 1:12am
I'm most interested in it for improvements to ME1 (which is a lot more clunky to play), which is also why I don't want to drop the full £54.99 on it. 

I still really want to play Cyberpunk 2077, but I was put off by all the problems and I haven't been hearing much about that game lately. Reviews on Steam aren't improving much by the look of it. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 6:01pm
I can definitely see it not being worth it for PC owners, as with most remasters (though my brother got it on PC and seems happy with it.) But for people like me who only had it on older consoles, I'd say the improved graphics and small overhauls are enough to justify buying it again, especially for the chance to have it on a new(er) system you plan on keeping around for a while (or in my case, even if I ditch my PS4, I know the PS5 will also be able to play it, so the copy won't become useless, or anything.)

I think the best way to describe ME1 Legendary Edition, is it's pretty much exactly the game I remembered it to be, instead of being exactly what it was in reality. Just playing it based on my knowledge of the original, it felt exactly how I remembered it, but then going back to watch footage of the original I can see this version is much smoother and more polished compared to that, so it pretty much adjusts the game so it matches what your nostalgia remembers it being like. Haven't gotten to ME2 yet (I've so far done the dig site and Feros, as far as main story missions go, though I might get to Noveria tonight, after a bunch of side stuff) but from what I've heard, it and ME3 also had slight adjustments, though they'll mostly just be better looking versions of their originals.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 4:33pm
Just checked it out. That's what I'm getting myself for my birthday.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 3:14am
I'm quite happy with the originals until the Legendary gets a price cut. I was playing a modded version of ME1 recently though didn't finish it yet for some reason or another and it looks pretty damn good now for free. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 9:31pm
PS4. I played the originals on Xbox 360, because that was my system for most of the console gen, but this time I went back to Sony, as usual (likely will for PS5 as well, with a gaming laptop as a secondary option.) 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

I'm about 11 hours into Mass Effect 1 on the Legendary Edition. So far, the improvements seem fairly minor: Graphics are definitely better, combat feels a tad better, and the Mako seems to feel a bit better, but it's definitely still not up to par with how I remember ME2 playing (I guess I'll see how that feels sometime next week, when I get to it.) 

The side quests are actually fun, though, and I'm enjoying driving the Mako around the different planets more than I did before, which is good. It almost feels like Andromeda on a smaller scale in many ways, with even combat basically being a primitive version of that game, while ME2/3 have a more tactical cover based style, as far as I remember. So far, I'm definitely loving the game as much as I did before, even though it's definitely a bit janky at times, lol

What platform are you using? Console or PC? I have ME 2&3 on PS3, but have never played the first one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 94>
  Share Topic