MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLas Birnam to Metal related [REJECTED]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Las Birnam to Metal related [REJECTED]
    Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 6:04am
Whaddya think of adding my Las Birnam to metal related? Or maybe it's metal enough, yo? I used to write much heavier stuff in the past, but this EP I have on bandcamp is only partly intended as metal. I'll "remaster" my earlier album too. And the sound is, well, not real or studio, that's true. But you decide.

Follow the link (bandcamp) in my sig for further details.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Bartosz [Bahr-tosh]

Edited by adg211288 - 17 Dec 2016 at 5:50am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 9:13am
Metal Related is quite the sensitive area. We have to make sure that anything we permit to be added to it is right. That's why we vote on what we call the Type 2 acts. But with that said I'm reluctant to start an official evaluation for an act based on just three songs.

I have just taken a listen to your EP but it really just reinforces that there isn't enough material here to give a proper MR evaluation. The Tricks of Barber is the heaviest of the three songs but even then I think it's quite borderline between heavy rock and metal. Between the Weave only featured a couple of heavy bits and I wouldn't say that Trembling Panorama is metal at all. Nice music but I don't see a place on MMA based on just this release. 

But it is not just my opinion that counts so don't take that as a rejection. But I would rather have access to this earlier album you mention before starting proceedings because if rejected you'd have to release new material before Las Birnam could be re-suggested. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 9:20am
Okay, I see your point. I didn't really think this through, haha Tongue Well, anyway, thanks for listening, I think we can leave it for now. I'll have to get down to work and prepare previous EP for release. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 9:57am
That sounds best. Remind me about it as soon as there's more stuff to hear. Thumbs Up

(I do think we need to set a rule on what the minimum release is for Type 2 MR candidates).
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic