Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Internal news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Collaborator's Handbook Released

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Collaborator's Handbook Released
    Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 8:37am
The new Collaborator's Handbook has just been released onto the site. This document is a global topic on the forum, meaning it can be accessed easily from any section of the site. It is highly recommended that both current and any potential future collabs give it a read.

Any questions can be sent either to me or posted within this topic. 

Edited by adg211288 - 15 Sep 2014 at 9:04am
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 10:28am
Awesome job Adam! Clap
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 1:08pm
Thanks Steve.

Collabs should pay attention to the version number on the handbook by the way, it'll help you keep up with any changes made. Course I will announce them here too.

Current guide is V1.0.1

First number refers to the guide's overall version. Unless we for some reason throw the whole guide out and rewrite from scratch this one won't change. 

Second number is for major amendments. If it changes it's because we added a new rule or changed an existing one drastically.

Third number is for minor changes. I expect it may change a few times in these early days as we get more feedback on the guide. You can see it has already changed once, because I forget to add the '50% rule'.

This is the rule that states that a release must be at least 50% metal (and let's say, 50% rock, for the sake of argument, as in something you'd call progressive rock/metal), to get into the metal subs. Less than 50% metal is when you should start looking towards talking to me in MR. 

An obvious thing that was somehow left out of the guide. Embarrassed
GG2U

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 8:59am
 Error
Only members with sufficient permission can access this page.

I got this.

Are ex-collabs not permitted to see the guide?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 9:04am
Try it now.
GG2U

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 9:05am
It works, thanks Thumbs Up
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 9:44am
Awesome. I think what the problem was that the Handbook is a global topic, but was written in the Admin Zone and the original link above was trying to route you via there. More weirdness from this forum software MMA uses. 

Here's another bit of Web Wiz Forum weirdness, my contents page for the guide no longer works past the Inclusive Genres section. Angry

Edited by adg211288 - 15 Sep 2014 at 10:05am
GG2U

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 2:31pm
Hell yeah, great work Hug

I liked the ruling on artist images and album artwork, though it hurt a bit taking Bill out of Sabbath and bastardising Slayer. And finally putting up the original Virgin Killer cover, historically my only exception to the now-written but long known rule.
<- Click on this!
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

Error
Only members with sufficient permission can access this page.

I got this.

Are ex-collabs not permitted to see the guide?

Adam, I also got this when I tried to see a section of the Handbook.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 10:57am
Did you use the contents page? If so I guess that's the problem, because I just checked and those links are trying to divert users via the Admin Zone to land on a different post in the same thread. 

The contents page will need rebuilding from scratch. 

Have I mentioned that I hate Web Wiz Forums? Angry
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 11:49am
Should be fixed now. The contents page is now split between two pages as Web Wiz won't link properly from one thread page to another.
GG2U

Lynx33 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 12:26am
Very well done.
All that is over. Today, I know how to celebrate beauty.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 8:08am
Quote Policy on Reissues and Special Editions

MMA does not allow reissues or other special editions of releases to be posted as separate entries on artist profiles. Any reissues and bonus tracks/materials that feature that come with them should be noted on the original entry. Bonus tracks included on such issues should not under any circumstances be included in the main track list featured on a release page.

How about reissues given new names and artwork? Case in point: Iron Maiden's From There to Eternity which is a renamed reissue of The First Ten Years: The Videos with a few extra videos added. Save or delete? Back in the day I chose not to add it when I went through the videos, but it has since been added.
<- Click on this!
Lynx33 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynx33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

MMA does not allow reissues or other special editions of releases to be posted as separate entries on artist profiles. Any reissues and bonus tracks/materials that feature that come with them should be noted on the original entry. Bonus tracks included on such issues should not under any circumstances be included in the main track list featured on a release page.

How about reissues given new names and artwork? Case in point: Iron Maiden's From There to Eternity which is a renamed reissue of The First Ten Years: The Videos with a few extra videos added. Save or delete? Back in the day I chose not to add it when I went through the videos, but it has since been added.

It was me that added it, it is at the same time annotated in the entry of The First Ten Years. However, I added it because it can be considered to be not a reissue, but a new video compilation with the same videos plus additional ones. So, I think it can be deleted or left that way eitherSmile
All that is over. Today, I know how to celebrate beauty.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Lynx33 Lynx33 wrote:

Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

It was me that added it, it is at the same time annotated in the entry of The First Ten Years. However, I added it because it can be considered to be not a reissue, but a new video compilation with the same videos plus additional ones. So, I think it can be deleted or left that way eitherSmile
Yeah, it's a tricky business. If we consider From There to Eternity to be a mere renamed reissue, then what else is Visions of the Beast but a renamed DVD reissue of From There to Eternity with another 10 years worth of videos added? Wink So put your heads together admins, we need a rule! 
<- Click on this!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 10:13am
Compilation releases are a tricky business as a lot of them contain the same stuff but they are still different releases. That's exactly the case in point here. 

I do remember deleting the DVD entry of Live After Death (or was in Maiden England?) from the Iron Maiden profile, because that was a reissue. 

The example given in the release title section is when an alternately titled release shouldn't be added. 

We can add a note to clarify this in the handbook if you think it is required. 
GG2U

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Compilation releases are a tricky business as a lot of them contain the same stuff but they are still different releases. That's exactly the case in point here. 

I do remember deleting the DVD entry of Live After Death (or was in Maiden England?) from the Iron Maiden profile, because that was a reissue. 

The example given in the release title section is when an alternately titled release shouldn't be added. 

We can add a note to clarify this in the handbook if you think it is required. 
Oh yes, I thought this was sort of covered already but I missed the Stratovarius example looking for it just now. But compilations are indeed a different deal. Everywhere I look I see mentions of From There being a reissue of First Ten, but after 22 years it's impossible to say if it was so presented at the time or is it just a matter of people looking at the track listings years later and supposing so.

So let's leave it as it is.

And yeah, perhaps you should add a word. It was enough to get me confused, so perhaps someone else will wonder about it too. Smile
<- Click on this!
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 2:49pm
Regarding cover images, I hope it's ok when it comes to box sets to use images that reflect the size and look of the box, instead of forcefully cutting them to 500x500. Just like with VHS's and DVD's it of course creates some variance in size, but I don't believe it's a problem?
<- Click on this!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 2:56pm
Yes that's fine, just try to make sure the full-lengths in particular are nice and neat. Can't be helped for other release types. 
GG2U

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Yes that's fine, just try to make sure the full-lengths in particular are nice and neat. Can't be helped for other release types. 
Good, that's what I thought Thumbs Up
<- Click on this!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic