MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Devin Townsend’s Ziltoid 2 details revealed!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Devin Townsend’s Ziltoid 2 details revealed!
    Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 9:57am
From Metal Sucks

"Devin Townsend’s Ziltoid 2: Release Details Revealed!

By Axl Rosenberg

Devin Townsend - Z2 Small

Get the coffee ready, bitch!

At long last, Devin Townsend has announced the release details of his beyond-heavily-anticipated album: it’ll be released October 28. As in, this year. As in, next month. As in, less than two months from now. As in, OMG!!!!!!!!!

AND this is in addition to Townsend’s previously announced Ziltoid musical, which will take place on April 13, 2015 at London’s Royal Albert Hall.

Says Mr. Townsend himself:

“Hey all!

“So it’s been years I’ve been trying to get the energies in line to do another Ziltoid record, and it’s finally happened! Z2 is my new record, and it’s a multimedia event that has taken a ton of people a ton of effort to bring to you! It’s a double album, (one side DTP, and one side Ziltoid) and the concept expands on Ziltoid the alien, and his sci-fi adventures in a way that kind of throws back to 50′s radio plays… but obviously with complicated, heavy music as its soundtrack. It has taken a great deal of energy to put this all together, and the music is just one of the aspects of it. It’s a dream come true in a lot of ways, and I’m excited and honoured to be able to finalize the project with a live version of the entire record at the famous Royal Albert Hall in London on April 13th of next year! (!!) Basically what we did with The Retinal Circus a few years back will be taken to the next level with Z2 live.

“At the end of this process, we reached for the stars, and hopefully got to the moon, and after this album cycle, I will be taking some time to recharge my batteries and see what the next chapter holds. I hope you enjoy this record and all its offshoots, as one of my goals is to hopefully inspire folks to reach for unconventional ways to express themselves as well. We couldn’t have done it without you! See you at the show?”

“-Devin”

So, obviously, this is great news. October 28 cannot come soon enough.

Meanwhile, Townsend already has a co-headlining tour with Animals as Leaders booked for this fall! Get dates here.

And we’ll let you know the second there’s some new Ziltoid music available for your listening pleasure. You know we will!!!

Read more at http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/09/02/devin-townsends-ziltoid-2-release-details-revealed/#l8upDSpwQ9P95UCS.99 "

Edited by Tupan - 02 Sep 2014 at 10:09am
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 7:11pm
Cool. I'm not a huge fan of prog metal, but I am interested to see what Mr. Townsend's new album will be to follow up the first Ziltoid record. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic