MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What got you guys interested in Heavy Metal music?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What got you guys interested in Heavy Metal music?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What got you guys interested in Heavy Metal music?
    Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 10:21pm
Hi all, we are all Metalheads( Metal Maniacs as Halford puts it)here and we've all had our moments when we got interested in the music. I'm wondering what got you interested(be it a song,band,etc)?

My moment happened when I heard Metallica's One for the first time. I was like "what the fCensored was that"? It shocked and hooked me as I never heard anything that insane at that point in time

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - 29 Aug 2014 at 12:20am
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 11:32pm
I've enjoyed heavy metal my whole life, grew up on Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Soundgarden, Godsmack, Anthrax, Metallica, and others.

Edited by Unitron - 31 Aug 2015 at 12:50am
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 2:30am
My first experience with heavy rock/metal was through watching a Swedish music TV programme in the mid 80s and watching videos by Twisted Sister and Europe. I later got completely hooked on Bon Jovi (back when New Jersey was their latest album), but it wasn´t until my older Brother started playing Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Kreator, Danzig, Misfits...etc., that I got really hooked on heavy metal as a genre. The cover artwork for Iron Maiden´s albums also had a major impact on me. I used to have about 20 Iron Maiden posters on my 8 m2 big pre-teenage room.

From there I just got more and more interested in metal. Listening to all sorts of sub genres, and I started playing music myself too, which got me even more interested. I lost interest in metal for a couple of years around the time I went to college, but when I dropped out, got angry at the World, and became a mailman LOL, I started listening to metal Again. It was like coming home Hug
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 9:14pm
I suppose it was when I heard 'Crimson King' by Demons & Wizards...I had heard plenty of metal up until that point(or at least, a good amount of Metallica at any rate[and even then, mostly the s/t], but it was this song that really spurred my interest in what was to become my love of power metal. Having listened to the song over and over due to it's great chorus and epic dark subject matter I wanted to find out what kind of music it was and asked my friend who the song was by. He told me and eventually I searched them up and came across a term known only as 'power metal'. Henceforth, my obsession never died. It may have waned a few times but never truly died. Eventually I looked into other sub genres of metal such as thrash, death, and doom, and many others and it's been an up and down(mostly up!Wink) interest since!!Thumbs Up
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 10:02pm
when i was just getting into music it was  with nine inch nails and some cds that i got from my parents because they didnt use them anymore.  then when i listened to peace sells by megadeth  i got heavily  into metal. shortly after that i got into iron maiden and that is where i was fully into metal and even some rock(everyone who likes metal usually at least likes rock as well) looking for new band to listen to. for a short time i was into scremo(bands with only breakdowns) but that didnt last longer than a few months              
now i like all kinds of metal and rock music(thrash metal being my favorite genera ever) and also lots of artists that are not rock or metal related. when i am not listening to rock or metal i like very very vocal based and vocally focused music like john denver, nat king cole, frank sinatra, eddy arnold, and johnny cash to name a few. the non metal or rock include big band jaz, folk and country

my top 3 favorite bands are 1. iron maiden 2.megadeth and 3. clutch

Edited by vmoore - 31 Aug 2014 at 10:13pm
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

My first experience with heavy rock/metal was through watching a Swedish music TV programme in the mid 80s and watching videos by Twisted Sister and Europe. I later got completely hooked on Bon Jovi (back when New Jersey was their latest album), but it wasn´t until my older Brother started playing Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Kreator, Danzig, Misfits...etc., that I got really hooked on heavy metal as a genre. The cover artwork for Iron Maiden´s albums also had a major impact on me. I used to have about 20 Iron Maiden posters on my 8 m2 big pre-teenage room.

From there I just got more and more interested in metal. Listening to all sorts of sub genres, and I started playing music myself too, which got me even more interested. I lost interest in metal for a couple of years around the time I went to college, but when I dropped out, got angry at the World, and became a mailman LOL, I started listening to metal Again. It was like coming home Hug

Clap
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic