MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ministry 'Work for love' and other things

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ministry 'Work for love' and other things
    Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 11:20pm
I just noticed that in Ministry's studio albums, the 'Work for Love' single is in the studio albums, and so are the remix albums 'The Last Dubber' and 'Mixxes of the Mole' and the compilation 'Everyday is Halloween greatest tricks'. Ministry's debut is also labeled as 'Industrial Metal', when 'With Sympathy' is a synth-pop album and should be put in metal related in my opinion. I hope all of this can be fixed. Tongue 

Edited by Unitron - 05 Aug 2014 at 11:21pm
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 6:56pm
The early albums of Killing Joke are also in Industrial Metal, in fact, these albums are post-punk, right?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 12:34am
You are welcome to retag and move those releases to where you think they fit best. I´m not that familiar with that part of Ministry´s disco. Normally I would ask such a question in the relevant sub genre team thread.

Generally you´ll find many discos where everything is tagged the same even though there might be some non-metal releases in the disco. We only got the metal-related subgenre about a 1 ago, and we are also still a long way from having been through and cleaning up all artist profiles yet.

Edited by UMUR - 08 Aug 2014 at 12:35am
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 11:51am
Ok, I will retag some of the KJ albums I know are post-punk.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

we are also still a long way from having been through and cleaning up all artist profiles yet.

Yeah I'm moving odd releases all the time.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Kev Rowland View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev Rowland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

You are welcome to retag and move those releases to where you think they fit best. I´m not that familiar with that part of Ministry´s disco. Normally I would ask such a question in the relevant sub genre team thread.
This is an example of where MMA and PA are quite different, in that in PA the band itself is tagged as being a specific sub genre so therefore all albums have to go under that genre, whether they 'fit' or not. To move a band from one sub to another, the 'holding' sub has to vote and agree that they should be moved, and then the 'receiving' sub has to vote to take them in. If they refuse then they stay where they are.

This means that MMA has an advantage in that a band and their output can be more correctly tagged, but it can lead to complications. I would personally always post in the relevant sub genre before moving a band, just to check that the team were happy with it. I remember being mortified to see that Thunder were shown as a glam band, but still asked permission before I moved it.

Thanks for moving all the Ministry albums - I just went to do that.

Jonas - thanks for the TSOS reviews. I was with the band a couple of nights ago and they are really stoked with them, and said wonderful things about you as a writer as well! 
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Kev Rowland Kev Rowland wrote:

This is an example of where MMA and PA are quite different, in that in PA the band itself is tagged as being a specific sub genre so therefore all albums have to go under that genre, whether they 'fit' or not. To move a band from one sub to another, the 'holding' sub has to vote and agree that they should be moved, and then the 'receiving' sub has to vote to take them in. If they refuse then they stay where they are.

MMA runs on a more modern website system that actually accommodates that, it's not even possible with Progarchives but I believe most people would support that type of system there if it was
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic