MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

King Crimson's 'The Power to Believe'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: King Crimson's 'The Power to Believe'
    Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 5:10pm
For this King Crimson album, it's labeled as 'Metal Related' when The Power to Believe is one of their heaviest albums. I think it fits more into Prog metal or industrial metal Tongue

What does everyone else think?
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 5:25pm
None of King Crimson's albums are full-blown metal.  Power To Believe is too late to be considered proto-metal like their earlier albums, even though it is heavier than any of them (likewise with Thrak)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 5:34pm
This album and some of their others were actually quite heavily debated a long time ago and if I recall correctly some of them did get put in the prog metal sub or maybe avant-garde at one point.

I'm not sure exactly when they ended up being moved out of those subs again. I don't know those albums myself so I can't comment but I know they're not generally considered to be metal. I expect their tagging is fine as it is. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 5:55pm

I think the early releases belong in proto and the rest in metal-related. None of their albums are what I would call "metal", but they are here because of the major impact they´ve had on the genre.

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 6:05pm
Alright, I understand. Smile Just wanted to ask. Tongue
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 6:16pm
Ask away Thumbs Up Not everything seem logical on MMA, and there is usually a reason it isn´t.

The first couple of MMA years metal-related releases couldn´t be reviewed, and therefore it was very important, that it was only proto releases that were reviewable in the case of King Crimson. The same with artists with only a limited number of metal releases in their disco. Thankfully that has been changed now and all releases can be reviewed.

Sometimes the line was a bit blurred like with Porcupine Tree, which really isn´t a metal act, but we felt they belonged here anyway and to be able to let people review their releases, some of them were tagged progressive metal.

The site needs some cleaning up because of that old situation.

Edited by UMUR - 19 Jul 2014 at 6:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic